Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

eh, kinda nice night for sports out at the bar. had the Yanks collapse on one screen and Dallas' last minute heroics on the other.

for some reason I seem to always catch the last yankees game of the year.

I had a bad sports night for those same reasons. :leaving:

::shrugs:: ahh well these things happen. the best team in the al (the yanks this year) often loose in the first round. why it should really be a 7 game series imo. less of these unneccesary offdays and 7 games. but what the hey.

We still would have won if not for bugs.

What can you do.

At least this year we demosntrated we are the most talented team in the al, and that we will be making the playoffs for the next ten years most likely. gotta count your blessings i suppose.

playoffs are a roll of the dice. and being the most talented isnt enough. never has been. but eventually the dice will break your way if you get in enough.

The Indians and Red Sox tied for the best record in baseball. Doesn't that mean they are "better" than the Yankees? In regards to the bugs- did they only affect one team and not the other?

Guest OsRavan

nope it means they had b etter first halfs. the yankee team in april was not the same team of september. there were massive changes made to it. from the allstar break on, they were the best team in baseballl. they were what.. 14 gamees out? and finishedin the playoffs. IT gets less hype becuase they arent an underdog team like col. OR hell evne phi (which was accomponied by a ocllapse) but the yankee comeback this year was mind boggeling. But because they are the yankees they simply dont get the credit for their amazing play.

so yes they were the best team in baseball this year. But like I said. these things happen in the first round.

As to Arod. I agree he shouldnt be treated as h is by the fans. But. I actualyly feel this is probably GOOD for his legavy ironicaly. Especially if he resigns with the yannks. After he retires it will be turned into one of those legendary stories. Like the marris storyline. Specialy if arod comes back and evnetually wins a WS over the next few years. Or hell... even if he did leave go soemwhere else and win a ws eventually. IT would help him with his legacy to have played here and recieved that abuse. Makes his triumph when/if he finally triumphs a HUGE deal. And that triumph probably gets imortalized in a reggie jackso nway. OR if he stays wit the yanks... even if he doesnt ever win a ws... it would become one of thsoe tragic stories after he retires.

thats the trade off with ny really. he has to take a ton of abuse now. But by playing here as he did (and if he continues) his legavy has taken a HUGE jump start.

So by this logic, the Rockies are the second best team?

Edit: The Yanks were actually 9.5 out. Which is the most "out" of the eventual playoff teams. The Rockies were 5.5 out which was also second most "out" of the playoff teams.

Guest OsRavan

my points exactly in regard to outs. but the yanks dont get the credit for what they achieved.

as to the rockies. i dont know enough about them. my impression was their turn around started like 2 weeks ago and they reeled off 14 straight wins. that time frame might be short enouh... 2 weeks as oppsoed to 3 months.. to call it a hot streak and not a genuine change of the team. but i honestly dont know enough about the rockies to say. what changed? were there new players coming on? when did the streak start? why? etc. If people who follow the rockies chimed in with evidence one way or the other they could probably convince me.

that has no bearing on the yanks being the best though.

as to the rockies. i dont know enough about them. my impression was their turn around started like 2 weeks ago and they reeled off 14 straight wins. that time frame might be short enouh... 2 weeks as oppsoed to 3 months.. to call it a hot streak and not a genuine change of the team. but i honestly dont know enough about the rockies to say. what changed? were there new players coming on? when did the streak start? why? etc. If people who follow the rockies chimed in with evidence one way or the other they could probably convince me.

September 10th (arbitrary; All Star Game was July 10th and it was easy to change to) the Yankees were 5 games out but first in the WC race. The Rockies were 7 games out and 4th in their own division; 4th in the WC race.

What changed? Shit-ton of talented youth coming of age and/or divine intervention.

Guest OsRavan

dude im not bad mouthing the rockies. i dont know anything about them. as i said ill take the word of whatever rocky fans tell me. people who followed the team.

what i DO know i s the yankees. and that they are the best team in baseball

::shrugs:: ahh well these things happen. the best team in the al (the yanks this year) often loose in the first round. why it should really be a 7 game series imo. less of these unneccesary offdays and 7 games. but what the hey.

We still would have won if not for bugs.

What can you do.

At least this year we demosntrated we are the most talented team in the al, and that we will be making the playoffs for the next ten years most likely. gotta count your blessings i suppose.

playoffs are a roll of the dice. and being the most talented isnt enough. never has been. but eventually the dice will break your way if you get in enough.

Sore loser. Your team lost because they weren't as good as the Indians. Get over it.

Guest OsRavan

obviously we are the better team. no one doubts that.

i wouldnt say im a sore loser. ::amused:: as to getting over it... i already have. or what does going have to wait till next year imply?

::amused::

try actually reading what is posted next time. lol that sounded like you had some random insult generater and just had it spit out some generic insults instead of actually reading what i wrote and responding intelligently.

Again, hitting in baseball is completely an individual event. Players cannot mesh at the plate.

a lineup can help itself manufacture runs. Be it a call from the dug out or an individual effort to move the baserunners over (see 1996 Yankees). The yankees hitters looked like one man teams up at the plate.

obviously we are the better team. no one doubts that.

I certainly doubt it. The Yankees were not the better team.

i wouldnt say im a sore loser.

You definitely are. Instead of acknowledging that the better team won, you are trying to blame the series loss on the end of one game, during which a swarm of bugs plagued both teams.

try actually reading what is posted next time.

I've read it. Your posts are almost entirely worthless, and you ruin nearly every baseball thread you post in with your incoherent drivel. You might not be tired of the act you put on here, but I certainly am.

There's no point in responding to any of the baseball-related statements that you make, because talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. It's a waste of time.

Guest OsRavan

let me rephrase amyrc. Anyone who truly understands baseball knows that. Better?

And also clearly dont know what a sore loser is. The word you are looking for is in denial. Not that I am. but thats what fits. All I said was the yankees have the better team.

they do.

this is a fact.

it doesnt mean they won the series. They didnt. As we all know the postseason is not about the best team winning but the hottest.

These are facts.

If you cant accept the facts thats not my fault. But... the mature thing to do is not to resort to insults because someone else knows more on a subject then you. That is the MATURE thing to do.

In fact. The sort of thing a sore loser DOES do... is throw insults at people when they are right and you are wrong.

kinda like what you were doing.

Anyone who truly understands baseball knows that.

You have shown that you do not truly understand baseball. I do not truly understand baseball, although I can tell I know more than you do. To suggest that you are omniscient of all things baseball, which you do, is very humorous ::amused::.

You clearly show here that you are a sore loser and you are jelouse of the Red Sox. The one thing the Yanks are better at than the Red Sox is golfing this winter, but it really isn't fair because they are going to have a few extra weeks of practice this year.

So, uh, a team that wins regularly all season is not the best team...and a team that rallies at the end of the season and goes on an insane hot streak is not the best team...but clearly a team that makes their turn-around at an arbitrarily defined point is the best.

Clearly the best team is the one who is able to stay above .400 while surviving the Barry Bonds Show. Therefore, the Giants are the best team and the only reason they didn't get into the playoffs is because the rules of baseball unfairly focus on winning records.

See? I can set arbitrary victory conditions to declare victory too!

Archived