Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

From a Cardinals fan on another site:

"I’m actually rooting for the Cubs to finally end this World Series drought. As a Cardinal fan, I feel as though the Cubs are that messed up kid down the street who can’t get a date and spends most of his teenage years hosting LAN Wars and other computer related gimmicks. I just want the kid to score once so he can be happy. Even if he is a douche and I don’t like him, I feel he’s due.

Anyway, the great thing about temporarily rooting for the Cubs is that you usually don’t have to do it for an extended period of time."

:lol:

If the Redsox make the WS and the Yankees can't even make it out of the first round, I will go into a serious depression. Looking at Manny and Ortiz in the 3,4 spots I wonder why the Yankees respective bats can't seem to prevent stalling in the playoffs. It's not impossible to hit in the post season, and they used to do it on a regular basis. It seems like all of thier best hitters start to press at the same time. Damn! :leaving:

Uh, I like Torre and all, and I think he's a pretty good manager... but didn't it seem like he could've gotten another inning out of Hughes before going to Joba?

TBS has done an outstanding job with their playoff coverage, the announcers don't try to insert their personalities into the game, and Ernie Johnson is the best studio announcer in sports, with great insight from true baseball guys like Smoltz, Big Hurt, and Ripken.

Not looking forward to the FOX coverage.

I was out of town this weekend and couldn't watch the bloodbath.

I hoped for more. I expected more. I got what I figured. But come on, win at least one game!

I'm trying not to let it burn that the Diamondbacks now have a shot at a second ring in their short tenure, much like the Marlins got after the '03 debacle. Stupid expansion franchises. :P

Cleveland is still my AL pick and it's a toss up for the NL yet, but those D-backs play some really good, really deceptive ball. It's going to be an interesting World Series to say the least.

C'mon Wang. Don't let me down.

I defended you in here, and you made me look like a total dumbass for doing so in game 1. Put up another stinker and I pretty much lose whatever baseball cred I had left.

C'mon Wang. Don't let me down.

I defended you in here, and you made me look like a total dumbass for doing so in game 1. Put up another stinker and I pretty much lose whatever baseball cred I had left.

John from Cincinnatti,

Regardless of how Wang goes, he is still pretty good. Just not ace.

i just figured it out. the yankee hitters dont work together. there's very little fluidity in that offense.

That's accurate... the only ones who mesh really well are Cano and Cabrera. Matsui is solid, and works wherever, but the rest... ugh. Also, their team speed is bad, which doesn't help them much.

Right now, poor Joe Torre is in the dugout with his laptop, updating his resume.

Meanwhile, Steinbrenner's doctor is quietly refilling his blood pressure medication.

Steinbrenner has medically lost his mind. I very seriously doubt he still has the power to make decisions for the franchise.

Hitters cannot mesh, by the way.

A Rod to the Northside baby!!!

Archived