Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

Nice game by the Indians last night. Sabathia came up huge after looking terrible and was helped out by some BAD at bats by Posada and Matsui. It will be interesting to see how well Carmona does...I never thought he was legit until I actually saw him pitch and he has some nasty stuff.

Sox will sweep.

Rox will sweep.

DBacks will win in 2 more games.

Indians will win in 3..maybe 4 more games.

I enjoy seeing the Yankees lose as well and I am not the least bit jealous...when was the last time the Yanks won a WS? The Curse of the Giambino lives strong!

Good god what a rough couple of nights.

Not giving up the ship, not by any sense of the means, but maybe a small positive thought:

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Late to the party:

NL, overall: Utterly stunned that the Rockies are dismantling the Phillies, and not just a little disappointed. I think Philly deserves a winner, and I thout the Phillies gutsy run down the stretch had them as the HOT team... but the Rockeis were "hotter" and have carried it through into the playoffs. I think either team is fun to watch. I am just disappointed in the Cubs. I think they had to "steal" one from the Diamondbacks and I really cannot see them winning 3 in a row. I hope hope hope I am wrong.

Yanks-Indians: I want to make one thing clear:

Os, while very difficult to speak with much of the time, made some really, REALLY good points in articulating Becket v. Wang, and Clemens v. Maddox v. Pedro. He also desevres some credit by standing by the Yanks when nobody really thought they could make the playoffs. If you were to ask 1000 New Yorkers in June which team- Mets or Yanks -would be in the playoffs come October, how many- honestly -do you think would have answered Yankees? Well, Os did. I think the guy is completely seperated from reality from time-to-time, and I find some of his analysis sophmoric and his comments degrading at times. With all that said, he was right about this one. Again.

Yanks looked horrible last night because Wang shit the bed. Period. The Indians are very quietly the toughest looking team all of a sudden. Sabathia was not dominant AT ALL, but the hitting tee'd off on the Yanks cra-tacular picthing - as everyone SAID they would. I do not know how the Yanks can pull themselves out of this if their picthing remians this porous.

Angels-Sox: Tonight is huge. The issue is that Dice-K has a tendency to do better the FIRST time he sees a team, and the Angels have not seen Dice-K. I like those odds. The Angels are hitting terrible right now; Vlad is hurt and we all know it. I think if everything stays stable, its over in 4, with the Sox playing the Indians.

Guest OsRavan

the only fact is that the yankees rule. And you are jelouse

honestly. Its onyl a small human being.. and I mean small in the sense of the size of their soul...

who would want a person to be booed for no reason at all other then his hometown.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

the only fact is that the yankees rule. And you are jelouse

honestly. Its onyl a small human being.. and I mean small in the sense of the size of their soul...

who would want a person to be booed for no reason at all other then his hometown.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

The only FACT is that the Yankees suck. Why do you deny FACTS?

Also, the Yankees are all Communists. Another FACT.

::shakes head sadly::

Guest OsRavan

jeter has actually been booed before. I wouldnt say anyone is immune to being booed. Just that some guys.. jeter mo etc.. have more credit. and are given more time before being booed or attacked to right the ship

And the yankees are the true americans. The only commies are those who want a salary cap. They are traitors to their country. Soviet commies who... now that their mother coutnry is gone have come to america to aid the terrorists in over throwing democracy, freedom, and and the american way of life. Thats all the yankee haters are.

Speaking as a Mets fan, I don't generally root against teams. However, the renewed arrogance of Yankee fans at the end of the season, (including them coming to Shea Stadium and rooting for the visiting team) and dealing with Phillies trolls on Mets boards all season, I'm glad to see those two teams off to a rotten start, and maybe quick exit. A redeeming factor to an otherwise disappointing season.

Speaking as a Mets fan, I don't generally root against teams. However, the renewed arrogance of Yankee fans at the end of the season, (including them coming to Shea Stadium and rooting for the visiting team) and dealing with Phillies trolls on Mets boards all season, I'm glad to see those two teams off to a rotten start, and maybe quick exit. A redeeming factor to an otherwise disappointing season.

what happened to the Mets was incredible, and i feel your pain. it's liek my fantasy teams....except i stopped paying attention to them in may.

Thanks for the sympathy, Relic. :)

I tend to avoid drinking at times of stress, because alcoholism runs incredibly deep in both sides of my family... otherwise I would have been watching events in a state of drunken disbelief rather than just disbelief. ;)

dude. like half of the last 8 mets games their stadium was 2/5 empty. Thats just lame

Dude, like for 10 years Yankee Stadium was 2/5 empty, then suddenly when they started winning everyone going to a game said they'd been a fan all along. That's just lame.

And the yankees are the true americans. The only commies are those who want a salary cap. They are traitors to their country. Soviet commies who... now that their mother coutnry is gone have come to america to aid the terrorists in over throwing democracy, freedom, and and the american way of life. Thats all the yankee haters are.

You know, except for the guys who are, well, not Americans...but whatever. They're Yankees!

Guest OsRavan

no. if you are or support the yankees you are an american, an american patriat, a beleiver in the constitution, a supporter of democracy, of freedom of speech, of equality between races and sexes and religion.

If you oppose the yankees, you are a communist who supported soviet russia is helping the terrorists, hates democracy, freedom, and children. And you should be executed as a traitor to your country and the american way of life

Archived