Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

If you oppose the yankees, you are a communist who supported soviet russia is helping the terrorists, hates democracy, freedom, and children. And you should be executed as a traitor to your country and the american way of life

Good thing I live in Canada.

no. if you are or support the yankees you are an american, an american patriat, a beleiver in the constitution, a supporter of democracy, of freedom of speech, of equality between races and sexes and religion.

If you oppose the yankees, you are a communist who supported soviet russia is helping the terrorists, hates democracy, freedom, and children. And you should be executed as a traitor to your country and the american way of life

The Yankees are facists. No facial hair? No showing tattoos? No long hair? Why don't we just skip ahead to buzz cuts and Aryan blood only?

Guest OsRavan

I became terry goodkind when my mother had sex with my father whose last name was goodkind. Became impregnated. Gave birth to a son. And named that son terry.

Or how else do you think I got my name for crying out loud? You think storks still drop the babies off magically at the home?

That god ordained your name? Honestly.

How the hell did you get YOUR name? ::head shake::

Yankees suck!

Союз нерушимый реÑпублик Ñвободных

Сплотила навеки Ð’ÐµÐ»Ð¸ÐºÐ°Ñ Ð ÑƒÑÑŒ!

Да здравÑтвует Ñозданный волей народов

Единый, могучий СоветÑкий Союз!

ПРИПЕВ:

СлавьÑÑ, ОтечеÑтво наше Ñвободное,

Дружбы народов надёжный оплот!

ÐŸÐ°Ñ€Ñ‚Ð¸Ñ Ð›ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ð½Ð° — Ñила народнаÑ

ÐÐ°Ñ Ðº торжеÑтву коммунизма ведёт!

Сквозь грозы ÑиÑло нам Ñолнце Ñвободы,

И Ленин великий нам путь озарил:

Ðа правое дело он поднÑл народы,

Ðа труд и на подвиги Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð²Ð´Ð¾Ñ…Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð¸Ð»!

ПРИПЕВ

Ð’ победе беÑÑмертных идей коммунизма

Мы видим грÑдущее нашей Ñтраны,

И КраÑному знамени Ñлавной Отчизны

Мы будем вÑегда беззаветно верны!

ПРИПЕВ

If you support the Yankees you're a lame front runner, like Lebron James who somehow grew up in Cleveland but roots for the Yankees and Cowboys. Half of the Yankee fans in NY were Mets fans in the mid 80s.

My story is actually the opposite of this. I was born in Toronto, grew up in NJ. I'm a Blue Jays fan first and foremost. I grew up hating the Yankees with a disgust that I otherwise only trot out for the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Flyers. Couldn't stand them. Then I came to college (five years removed from the last Yankees championship) and realized... it wasn't the Yankees that I hated. I liked most of the players on the team! It was Steinbrenner and the freaking fans. But once I came out here, I realized... it's so fucking trendy to hate on the Yanks. What the hell is that? So I've actually become a Yankees fan (at least once the Jays are out of the running) out of pure spite.

"Oh, look at me, I hate the evil Yankees, how fucking cool am I?"

ETA: I'm not going to dignify what Bronn just said with a response. Mostly because I can't speak Russian.

Guest OsRavan

I will also add I was born and raised in NYC. I have never lived outside of the state of NY. Both my parents were born in NYC and never lived anywhere else. Same for my mothers grandparents. So. Im as new york as they come. And always been a yankee fan.

what I see here is jelousy. plain and simple. jelousy.

You dont see ME jumping on other teams when THEY loose. Making fun of them. Do you? No. Why? Because I have more class. And because I am more secure in my own team.

Guest OsRavan

I will also add I was born and raised in NYC. I have never lived outside of the state of NY. Both my parents were born in NYC and never lived anywhere else. Same for my mothers grandparents. So. Im as new york as they come. And always been a yankee fan.

what I see here is jelousy. plain and simple. jelousy.

You dont see ME jumping on other teams when THEY loose. Making fun of them. Do you? No. Why? Because I have more class. And because I am more secure in my own team.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn. I lived there until I was 12, and have lived the rest of my life, with the exception of one semester at a school in Miami, in New York state less than two hours drive from the city.

If not rooting for the Yanks makes me a Russian communist, then I say Nostrovia, comrade!

If you support the Yankees you're a lame front runner, like Lebron James who somehow grew up in Cleveland but roots for the Yankees and Cowboys. Half of the Yankee fans in NY were Mets fans in the mid 80s.

Per C.C. Sabathia, regarding LeBron...

Sabathia said he didn't have a problem with James' allegiance.

"That's cool," the pitcher said. "He's sticking with his team.
I'd do the same thing if the Raiders were playing the Browns."

Sabathia, who grew up in Vallejao, Calif., is a die-hard Oakland Raiders fan.

Vallejo is nowhere near Los Angeles. Sabathia is an East Bay guy. Without traffic, Vallejo to the Oakland Coliseum would be about a 30 minute drive.

Edited to remove a fact I transposed - Rollins is Encinal High - Sabathia Vallejo High.

In fact, the Yankees didn't regularly sell out games until the 2004 season or so. Remarkable in light of their success.

I can guarantee you that if the Padres won even a single championship, there'd not be a single ticket unsold before the season started. Petco Park isn't as big as Yankee Stadium, but San Diego isn't anywhere near as big as New York City.

Vallejo is nowhere near Los Angeles. Sabathia is an East Bay guy. Without traffic, Vallejo to the Oakland Coliseum would be about a 30 minute drive.

Edited to remove a fact I transposed - Rollins is Encinal High - Sabathia Vallejo High.

I was thinking of a different Vallejo, but the point stands, the Raiders are Sabathia's home town team.

Archived