BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

Side note: Lann is iffy. Apparently she has "other friends" and plans that night. Oddly enough her other friends are my friends too, but I had not heard of plans. Looks like I'm getting phased out. :(

Maybe your other friends just knew they couldn't compete in your heart with the NorCal BwB and didn't even try. :love:

Side note: Lann is iffy. Apparently she has "other friends" and plans that night. Oddly enough her other friends are my friends too, but I had not heard of plans. Looks like I'm getting phased out. :(

:pirate: Lann is going to have to answer to me. I do not approve of "iffy".

As for you, time you phase in new friends. They obviously don't deserve you...

:lol:

I'm guessing it was Lann's job to inform me, and was the impetus behind last night's series of text messages:

Lann: when's the bwb thing?

Me: friday

Lann: shit.

Anyway, I'll be there...haven't begun to think about transport but if any of the peninsula people want to carpool, I'm down. Who wants to drive?

1-2-3 NOT IT!

I just found out that my work Christmas Holiday Party on Friday will not include alcohol. I'm not sure how this impacts the BwB, but I just had to share. WTF?

The cool kids are leaving the party early to get their drink on in downtown Mountain View (shut it, Bazz). Chances are I won't go with them, but there's always the tiny chance that I meet them for "one drink" at Mervyn's and will require external assistance getting to the next location.

I just found out that my work Christmas Holiday Party on Friday will not include alcohol. I'm not sure how this impacts the BwB, but I just had to share. WTF?

Lame.

The cool kids are leaving the party early to get their drink on in downtown Mountain View (shut it, Bazz). Chances are I won't go with them, but there's always the tiny chance that I meet them for "one drink" at Mervyn's and will require external assistance getting to the next location.

If it comes to it, it's my turn in the barrel so to speak, but I would need to use your car. I'm thinking I may try to abuse appreciatively utilize Vik one more time while we still can.

And good christ you guys drink at Mervins? My image of you as a "classy lady" is suffering. ;)

If the office holiday function doesn't include alcohol, the staff should send a message by not showing up...

The cool kids are leaving the party early to get their drink on in downtown Mountain View

By definition: not cool kids. I told you that you need new friends. I'm accepting applications...

(shut it, Bazz).

My comments stand. ;)

Chances are I won't go with them, but there's always the tiny chance that I meet them for "one drink" at Mervyn's and will require external assistance getting to the next location.

Going with them = a drink or more

Not going with them = no drinks

I'm guessing AG's going with them...now, AG, don't be too late to the BwB event...

I'm thinking I may try to abuse appreciatively utilize Vik one more time while we still can.

Agreed. *summons Vik*

My image of you as a "classy lady" is suffering. ;)

I'm not sure what I have ever done to give you that impression in the first place. :P

I told you that you need new friends. I'm accepting applications...

Dude, you are already on my friends list. I have publicly declared, to all 1,500+ people who have checked my profile, that you are my friend. :P

I'm guessing AG's going with them...now, AG, don't be too late to the BwB event...

I'm guessing I won't. I'm guessing I'll stay at the party, since I don't really enjoy hanging with that crowd much anyway. I'll leave early because I'm bored and most of my actual work friends won't be there, and I'll go home and sit on my ass and watch season 3 of The Wire.

And still be late to the BwB event. :cool:

Dude, you are already on my friends list. I have publicly declared, to all 1,500+ people who have checked my profile, that you are my friend. :P

Sweet. All I really wanted was public affirmation.

I'm guessing I won't. I'm guessing I'll stay at the party, since I don't really enjoy hanging with that crowd much anyway. I'll leave early because I'm bored and most of my actual work friends won't be there, and I'll go home and sit on my ass and watch season 3 of The Wire.

And still be late to the BwB event. :cool:

You suck.

If Lann isn't coming, DVD ROTS better damn well show up. Or Teri needs to bring her daughter. I don't want to be the token 20-something. :cry:

My daughter has said that she intends to be there. I asked her friend Chelsea to get me some pot to bring since I don't really enjoy getting drunk, and now she wants to come and keep an eye on me so I don't go batshit crazy. ;) I may have passed that point sometime during NHAW though.

I won't be bringing her, though, since she lives in Berkeley and I'll be coming from San Jose. It would add too much time to the drive for me to go through the East Bay. She will either take the Bart or get a ride from friends.

It's looking good for me making it down there, and while I'm a first timer, I'm also in my 20's.

NKM, if it will help motivate you, this is my daughter:

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/images/tiff_pics.html

But she has a boyfriend.

You suck.

I won't, but my av might. :devil:

I asked her friend Chelsea to get me some pot to bring since I don't really enjoy getting drunk

Drat! You should've come outside with us at Hobson's Choice.

Edit: Teri, if it falls through, you're covered. :cool:

Edit: Teri, if it falls through, you're covered. :cool:

:lol:

Ah, yes. Driving. Well, essentially I'd need a statement of hours (as in, what time are we planning to get there, and not to be that guy, but what time are we planning to leave)? I'm going to want to drink that night; and while I'm cool with not drinking at the bar or wherever we're going, there are apparently people coming over to my place that night (so says the apartment mate), and if I'm driving I don't want to be that obnoxious guy checking my watch.

Oh, and one of you poor bastards is navigating ;) .

But yeah, I'll drive, if someone can tell me when/where.

Archived