BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

(Translation, is one of you going to be capable of driving from Stanford to Mountain View later in the evening?)

No guarantees from me, plus my check engine light just came on this afternoon so I'm kind of freaked out about it...(sorry Vik...my car is a POS and has been the source of major stress as of late). :(

Is it asking too much to do the same thing we did for the Cigar Club meet?

Also, Bazz... any parking suggestions?

How do you feel about walking?

The lower Haight isn't the worst part of the City to park in. Circle within a couple blocks of the bar first -- Haight, Waller, Page -- but if you're having a really hard time, head north on Steiner past Fell and Oak to circle Alamo Square (bounded by Steiner, Fulton, Scott and Hayes). Since it's a park, there are less homes and garages there and therefore more available street parking spaces.

Here is an area map that shows the bar address, Alamo Square, and the other surrounding streets.

How do you feel about walking?

*takes footwear into consideration*

The lower Haight isn't the worst part of the City to park in. Circle within a couple blocks of the bar first -- Haight, Waller, Page -- but if you're having a really hard time, head north on Steiner past Fell and Oak to circle Alamo Square (bounded by Steiner, Fulton, Scott and Hayes). Since it's a park, there are less homes and garages there and therefore more available street parking spaces.

Got that LoB? :P

Already printed and in my pocket.

What, you're wearing the same clothes tonight that you'll wear tomorrow? You, ser, will clearly lose the BwB Men's Fashion Parade.

If you end up really struggling to find parking, call my cell* and have me come out to your rescue. I know secret spots that are an even further walk (hence why I'm not sharing them now) but I could park the car and get back on foot quickly (I'm a fast walker, and know where I'm going). I've had to do this before for friends.

*Pretty sure AG has my number from the last event.

What, you're wearing the same clothes tonight that you'll wear tomorrow?

Even wierder than that. I'm wearing exactly the same clothes as shown in the Cigar Club picture.

The map is in my jacket pocket.

[

You, ser, will clearly lose the BwB Men's Fashion Parade.

This may be a forgone conclusion.

No worries.

Ok, so we'll meet up at AG's then? (Since I have no idea where LoB lives.) This'll probably happen around... say... well, what time dyou want to leave? I can probably leave from here circa 6:30, so we'd get to SF... 7:50? +/- 20 depending on how outrageous traffic is?

That's a tentative plan.

If anybody has last minute objections/ideas/whatever, I think LoB and AG both have my cell number; I have finals pretty much straight through until 4, so text messages only before then, but you can call after.

LoB, since you seem to be the designated navigator, could you print off some directions from her place to the bar (basically what exit to take off of 101)? Thanks.

LoB, since you seem to be the designated navigator, could you print off some directions from her place to the bar (basically what exit to take off of 101)? Thanks.

101 North/Golden Gate Bridge (where it splits from 80E). Then the Octavia Street Exit towards Fell Street. Left onto Fell, then take Fell to Fillmore, turn left, and look for parking as you drive towards Haight Street...

Already done.

101 North/Golden Gate Bridge (where it splits from 80E). Then the Octavia Street Exit towards Fell Street. Left onto Fell, then take Fell to Fillmore, turn left, and look for parking as you drive towards Haight Street...

Noted.

And btw, I just put your av + title together. :lmao:

:D

I wish I could take credit. Either for the idea itself or the idea to make it an avatar and custom title. I got the pic and line from BustedTees.com. Same place I got the retarded shirt from. As you can see in the testing thread over in Help, I got the idea to make it my avatar and custom title from Mr. X at WFC. Lady Stego and I were busting up at dinner over the site and I had to pass it around.

One could pick an avatar and custom title each month and last for years from that site and all the other joke shirt sites.

I recently ordered the Santa shirt and also this one. This one should work well at sci-fi/fantasy conventions.

I thought about wearing one of my collection (I have four ... for now) at our meet but I have caved to implied peer pressure and decided to go sexy. I already have an outfit picked out.

I recently ordered the Santa shirt and also this one. This one should work well at sci-fi/fantasy conventions.

You have the funniest t-shirts!

I thought about wearing one of my collection (I have four ... for now) at our meet but I have caved to implied peer pressure and decided to go sexy. I already have an outfit picked out.

:lol: That puts pressure on us ladies to step it up, too!

Fucking Bazz. :P

Fucking Bazz. :P

Only if you have a signed, notarized approval from Lady Bazz in triplicate prior to the initiation of any related activities. That, or secure her participation.

* reminds self: this is not TTTNE this is not TTTNE *

The difference? We add to our post count when we spam.

Adobe had a humongo 25th Anniversary Party last night at the San Jose Convention Center, and this is how I reported it to TTTNE:

I'm back from the Adobe party. Not home, just back in my office to give you guys the report.

There were thousands of people there.

The headline entertainment was that they set up an indoor BMX park and had three bikers from the AST Dew Tour doing tricks. Two of them are profiled on that page, Zack Warden and Anthony Napolitan, but the third one I can't find anything on. His name sounded like Dave Hooker, and he must have been a junior member.

My daughter would have loved it; she used to go to the X Games in San Francisco.

They also had areas set aside for participation games, like a Texas Hold Em Poker Pit with a dozen poker tables, an XBox area with about 10 XBox stations, a pool hall, and a Segway course. And there were circus-style entertainers in the center of the food buffets, like a trio of acrobats who balanced on chairs (shirtless and very buff :drool: ), a bubble-blowing guy who could make giant nested bubbles, fire jugglers, etc.

I found out that about 15 minutes after I left the party Smash Mouth started playing. I didn't even know there was going to be a band. But it probably would have been too loud for me.

Morning sweetlips

How was the party?

The party was impressive, especially getting to watch those BMXers flip upside down, but in terms of enjoyment, I'm going to have a hundred times more fun with the NorCal BwB tonight. Adobe has just gotten so big that all-company events are too out of scale. I hardly saw anyone I knew.

Archived