Goodkind XXX v.2.0: Coiled for Success

Larry.

Did anyone else just vomit a little in the back of their throats?

Oh my gods, yes. :sick: How effing stupid, and yet another recycled plot point stolen from Rand. Douche.

So, Betty is into pigs and horses. Neat. But of course she knows that chickens are evil.

:rofl::rofl:

I really hope this is the end of his writing. Gods, how lame.

The final chapter is a "David Eddings meets Disney" kind of affair. It's a huge wedding, everybody is talking about what a perfect world they live in, blah blah blah. The wedding is between Cara and Benjamin, everybody cries, and so on. We learn one interesting thing:

Rachel had been born with royal blood that carried the ability to draw spells in the sacred caves. She was, technically, the queen of Tamarang. Someday, she was going to make a grand queen and draw wonderful things.
Didn't see that coming. It takes a special kind of writer to spring that kind of twist on ya. Very special. Also, Adie married that guy Friedrich who we've hardly heard anything about, but of course she's super happy. Dick brought the Temple of the Winds back from the underworld so he and Zedd can play with all the cool stuff inside. Blah blah. At the very end, Dick faces the crowd of thousands, after the vows and such, gives a short but lame speech and ends with:
"There will be no more devotions. None of you have to kneel before me or anyone else.

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

That's it. It's all over. For now. I am going to get a beer and then open the floor to any questions. Though one thing you may have noticed, since the boxes of Orden will kill anybody who tries to use them for evil, Darken Rahl never had a chance. Had Dick just stayed the fuck home in Wizard's First Rule, none of the shit that followed would have been necessary.

That's it. It's all over.

Hip Hip Hurray! :cheers: Good job Mad Moose! You are a King among Lemmings :bow:

So wtf happened to Shota and that whole "Klan and Dicks kid will be even more evil then they are" gig?

ETA: Any hints on whats gonna happen next? Will dastardly commie chickens take over Jensson's farm starting a new series with Betty as the noble hero?

So wtf happened to Shota and that whole "Klan and Dicks kid will be even more evil then they are" gig?

ETA: Any hints on whats gonna happen next? Will dastardly commie chickens take over Jensson's farm starting a new series with Betty as the noble hero?

Shota is in Dick's world, but that's about all we know. Nothing more is said about Dick and Klan's potential offspring, no hints are given as to how there will be anything more to write about for these people (well, maybe one, I'll have to take another look at it. Some prophecy that Nathan mentions). And nothing is ever said about Jebra since the beginning of the book. She ran away and dissappeared. I assume that the torment of giving a thirty page description of life with the Order as written by Tairy was enough to make her hang herself.

Ah, the dream of creating a perfect world, a world without the "bad people", a world for the chosen ones.

You start separating the "good" and the "bad" in two different worlds, so the "good" will not be soiled by the presence of the "bad", and end up closing your message board to all but to a few chosen ones.

And this is just a quite harmless scenario, it could be worse.

"Art reveals the artist's inner self. Art reveals a man's ideals, what he values."

So ..... what's this say about our good friend the Yeard again?

Slaughtering peace protesters and maiming little girls = ?

Though one thing you may have noticed, since the boxes of Orden will kill anybody who tries to use them for evil, Darken Rahl never had a chance. Had Dick just stayed the fuck home in Wizard's First Rule, none of the shit that followed would have been necessary.

Wow. Terry Goodkind 'gets' irony? :stunned:

Wow. Terry Goodkind 'gets' irony? :stunned:

I don't think it was meant to be ironic. That daddy Rahl couldn't have ever won in the first place is supposed to show that all the baddies were doomed from the start... Richards way was always the only way.

So where was I? Oh yeah, Dick is going to the underworld so he summons Denna to go with him. That's right, her spirit. As he goes in with Denna, that monster that's been following him shows up and chases him into the underworld. Big trouble for Dick.

< snip>

I'm going to get roasted alive for asking this but:

I thought Denna, in a previous book, helped Dick out with something but in doing so sacrificed her spirit/shade to the lowest level of... what was that place called?... underworld? veil? I misremember. Ergo, this sacrifice cause a bannishment which supposedly puts her shade as far from the Creator's light as dead-humanly possible. So if my memory of eons ago is correct, how the fuck can Denna still be able to help Dick???

Other way around Balefont. While she was in the possession of the Keeper of the Underworld she helped Dick by taking some mark that the spirit of Darken Rahl had put on him. Thus she was banished from the Keeper, I think, and ended up being with the good spirits. It makes no sense, cuz one would think that the Keeper would prefer to kick her ass for the rest of eternity, but whaddayagonnado?

Archived