Goodkind XXX v.2.0: Coiled for Success

Larry.

Well, there are two worlds now, so I don't really know if either actually counts as the original.

Don't you DARE apply your "Goodkindian Logic" to my thought processes THIS early on a Sunday morning. Damn you! :P

I mean, seriously which came first? The evil chicken that wasn't a chicken or the egg which seemed a bad sort to begin with, but didn't know which way it would go until it became evil that wasn't evil...?

Nah, I think Goodkind is going to move to plagiarizing those stories where people fall into a fantasy world. Hopefully he doesn't choose Robert Scott & Jay Gordon... I mean I hope he does, since copying people who copy him would make this series of slow-motion trainwrecks even more snarkable as it spirals deeper into ludicrousness and bad writing.

My guess: A handsome, yearded, raptor-gazed author of deep philosophical novels commonly misunderstood as fantasy is going to fall into Midlands and save the world from the eeeeevil war wizard/confessor crossbreed with his coiled fury while finding True Love and realizing his own destiny as a wielder of mightier and more destructive magic than any ever before seen.

Nah, I think Goodkind is going to move to plagiarizing those stories where people fall into a fantasy world.

Admit it, Tairy's version of the Prince of Nothing would be awesome. All of the philosophical and moral complexities boiled into a mush, then distilled into Pure. Master Race. Might. The only question is: will he choose Kellhus or the Inchoroi as his ultimate hero?

Personally, and this is written especially with you in mind Shrimp, I think Goodkind ought to try to tackle writing something in the vein of Mélusine. It'd be interesting to see what Goodkind could do with the moral complexities of Felix and Mildmay and to see how his gay sex scenes would be like ;)

Nathan snapped his fingers as he turned to Zedd. "Now I also understand that other prophecy."

Zedd looked up. "Which one?"

Nathan leaned close. "You remember: 'Someday, someone born not of this world will have to save it.' Now it makes more sense."

But they are speaking in the magic world when they say this, no? Methinks that Betty the goat will return to the world of magic to serve as an example of pure nobleness, thus saving it from Dick and Klans evil kiddo.

Admit it, Tairy's version of the Prince of Nothing would be awesome. All of the philosophical and moral complexities boiled into a mush, then distilled into Pure. Master Race. Might.

Now granted, NoGoodkind does not read fantasy, but this is pretty much DAvid Zindell's craptatic fantasy series he just wrapped up. Sort of NoGoodkind fauxlosophy meets Eddings pretty magical rocks.

I see NoGoodkind turning toward more "mainstream" fare. A thriller with a hero is not too big but big. Always coiled and knowing how to uncoil (and making the readers all recoil). Spreading NoGoodkind's brand of Americanism that only exists in his mind and a few graduates of Liberty University. I'm thinking Nicholas Sparks meets Dan Brown meets Tom Cruise's interview with Matt Lauer.

I see NoGoodkind turning toward more "mainstream" fare. A thriller with a hero is not too big but big. Always coiled and knowing how to uncoil (and making the readers all recoil). Spreading NoGoodkind's brand of Americanism that only exists in his mind and a few graduates of Liberty University. I'm thinking Nicholas Sparks meets Dan Brown meets Tom Cruise's interview with Matt Lauer.

Hrm. So he'll be fighting Orson Scott Card to be crowned the King of Right-Wing, Gay-Hatin', Commie-Flamin', Librul-Shankin' Crapulence? That's fucking awesome. (if you haven't done so, do read the first chapter of OSC's recent novel, Empire, online. It'll really blow yer socks off. :ack:

Maybe somebody can make a really shitty video game out of his next series, like they did for Left Behind. (or maybe just mod the existing one.)

I have it on good authority that Tairy is working on a few new outlines that will revolutionize the fantasy "genera". Behold:

1) Richard, an orphan boy living with his mean aunt and uncle, has no idea that he's special. But when a goodhearted half-giant shows up on his doorstep he's whisked away to a fantastic school of Warcraft and Wizardry. But all is not well in Richard's new home; the evilest wizard who ever lived, Lord Jagangamort, has returned from the dead, and it's up to Richard and his new found cronies to defeat this commie asshole and show the world how to live better through selfishness.

2) Richard is the world's last Gunslinger (having killed all the others for being "pinko Clinton-lovers"). Now he's on a quest to find the Truth Tower and fix it. Along the way he will travel through time and to other worlds and kidnap three people from their happy lives to force them to fight his arch-nemesis Walter O'Jang and other evil baddies like the Commie King. Richard will stop at nothing to wrap his fingers around that Tower.

3) Richard is a moisture farmer on a shitty little planet where he is happy to spend all day bulls-eyeing wamp-rats. But all that changes when he comes into possession of a couple of droids who carry an urgent message from Princess Klan. He seeks out the hermit Old Zedd Kenobi only to find out that Zedd is the legendary Jedi master Obi Zedd Kenobi. Now Richard must learn the ways of the Force from Zedd in order to stop his father Darken Vader and the evil emperor Jagang from spreading altruism throughout the galaxy.

As you can clearly see Tairy is poised to blow our minds with his "genera" altering stories!

Interesting. The way I heard it was that the new Dick and Klan book was going to revolve around the discovery that Dick's new world is actually a computer simulation, and Dick will be freed from it, from then on being known as "the One". Zedd will be flying a hovercraft, and Nathan the prophet is a middle-aged black woman.

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I found this interesting quote on the Goodkind forums (yes I randomly browse bad-book forums when I'm trying to avoid doing work).

I just finished the book, and so far i don't think anyone has grasped the real significance in the way he ended the book

WE are the other world. WE are the world descended from the brutes and faith blind savages with a few good people thrown in. when i read it i was a bit ticked off that Terry made the statement, but then i thought about it. he's right. the history of the world is full of wars between people who are fighting to whipe out other people that don't think the same way. heck, one is going on right now. religeon is the main cause of nearly every war. in fact the world wars, vietnam, and civil wars in various countries are the only examples i can think of where religeon to my knowledge is not the focal point of the war.

in short, terry just implied our world is descended from the order...

Archived