WoW

TerraPrime

shatter combo, counter spell, blink. you got options

That's the thing tho, sometimes the flavour of the day doesn't suit your playstyle at all, then what do you do?

I had some difficulties with frost as well, my old left over mage is still frost, always was, from way back when in the dark ages :P when frost was THE raiding spec. Like, MC/ZG days. :P

Right, thats why if I'm running up to cap a node, I have my mana sheild up and do AOE nearby.

lol you would be surprised at how many people DON'T have their mana shield up, or any other sort of damage absorbing skills, when they are questing or grinding. Sometime it just times out and they didn't have enough time to put it back up, and other times they are just stupid. Either way, all i see is free HKs :smoking:

Complain and get told to stop QQing?

Roll a new class?

Learn to live with it?

I'm living with it. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

In these situations - when there's a hunter and a warrior pounding you, you've sheeped the warrior and you're going to work on the hunter, you've no cooldowns left, you're saving blink for intercept, and it's useless on a hunter anyway; there is no shatter combo because he's big and red, besides which you used frost nova to root the warrior to put him into a sheep in the first place, when everything is down, what on earth does a frost mage do? As a fire mage, I scorch, I run around, I might have blastwave up or dragon's breath up. Blazing speed might proc. As a frost mage I... ice lance. *icy tears of sorrow* Usually the solution is to die, though.

Just wait until the patch. Never again will I have to be frost. Might be elementalist though.

lol you would be surprised at how many people DON'T have their mana shield up, or any other sort of damage absorbing skills, when they are questing or grinding. Sometime it just times out and they didn't have enough time to put it back up, and other times they are just stupid. Either way, all i see is free HKs :smoking:

Mana shield is a huge drain on mana when mana is already an issue in pvp for mages. When fighting any class but a paladin I can easily dump 7-10k worth of mana on them and still have them live (resto anything, I'm looking at you). When you're out questing in the world, why have it up? You need that mana for more important things like blink. If I see a mage with mana shield up and he's at full health and full mana, I think he's an idiot. Priests don't always have bubble up, too. What PvP server are you on, and what faction?

When capping a node, it's different. As fire I don't put any shield up. Usually I pop perception and run around a little bit first because rogues think it's real funny to sap me before starting in. As frost I just use ice barrier and start the cap - but I still have perception up. And in any case if you run out of mana, just die and rez, voila! Full health and mana.

So Wept and I ought to be doing better. I need to L2P. :P

You've got to play WoW every day!

Dailied a bunch, healed Heroic Mechanar without a single point in healing talents (go me, go good tank). Passed on the pants even though I need them because my friend's warrior needs them more. 5-6 weeks and I'll get arena pants. A few AVs, including an embarrassing loss because we didn't have enough people on offense to kill Drek'thar. I'm talking about all towers down, have FW and Relief Hut, horde is only just securing Stormpike, if even that. And we lost, because by the time we got a tank down there (which came sooner than sufficient people to zerg Drek'thar), Horde pushed into Dun Baldar, took down the towers, and got Vanndar. Seriously, what the hell, Alliance? Morons. Hell, if I had tank gear, I would have put it on.

Arenas were pretty good; winning record for the second week in a row, pushed our rating up just a little higher.

Hey, Night Elves have... yeah, pretty bad racials. Shadowmeld is nice if you're not a rogue and need to go afk, but all in all, meh. Not that I'd actually re-roll to change race, but I can't say I'm overall thrilled with the results of my racial selection. Except for my awesome pimp mustache.

Shadowmeld is OP in PvP. Nothing like going to cap a node then getting ganked by a Rogue, Drood, and a Nelf MS warrior, or a Hunter with a cat on Prowl.

AD sucked this weekend. HORRIBLE server issues. 2 minutes to cast instant spells. 3 minutes to open one item in my mailbox. 4 minutes to loot a mob. We had to cancel our ZA raid on Sunday. Tried to BG but would lag out entering the instance and then DC. Requeue for 10 minutes then same issue. Finally lag was a bit better late at night server time. Got a group together for AB daily and kept running into full premades. One time we finally had an organized team and we 5 capped, only to lag out during exit and get no credit. I opened a ticket and was told to drop and retake the quest. I said well I've been trying to win all night, its not like I can just go kill 5 murlocs to complete it. Got tired of losing AB so we did and AV. Took over an hour because 80% of both sides were afk botting. We did end up winning with all towers left, which was nice, but it took a lot of telling in BG chat for people to stop charging Vandar one at a time when an Enhancement Shaman was the only healer. I can keep a tank up, but not an arms warrior swinging his 2 hander. especially with only one other DPS in the room.

I am having a lot of fun on my Huntard. Hit 45 last night, and I'm breezing through Feralas. I finished up the Dustwallow quests as well, not enough to keep me busy for more than a day, but it did get me a couple of levels. The boosted quest xp is insane. I'm getting 5-7k for a lot of these. At this rate I'm going to have to stop to do WSG to get the level 48 bow, really soon.

Played mostly on alt this weekend. Was going to do raid, but it was canceled due to lag. I did bring out the hunter to join a pug group for heroic shattered. It was a good group actually. Bear tank, priest healer, then frost mage and warlock and me. We breezed through up to the first boss, then sunk at the gauntlet. The mage was under-geared (no epix, and 1 green ring), and the tank couldn't control the large number of mobs. So we wiped 3 times, and called it quits. Twice we got to the legionnaire and then got overwhelmed. So I got only 1 badge from it. Alas.

On the alt side, I got her from 36 to 39 this weekend. I feel like I need to make a decision. I created her to do healing, but as odds will have it, almost every single instance I ran with her had a dedicated healer (holy priest or holy pally). So I end up dps as cat form. Right now my talent points are 14/16 feral/resto. I think going all feral will help lvling, but then I won't get to do healing. But then, I can always switch back to healing once I hit outlands. I dunno. So far the spec is keeping me lvling at a good pace.

Also pondering whether I should take time out to do WSG. I know I will be running into twinks tho, and my gear really isn't ready for that. Also, I want a mount. But then, the gear from bg points is tempting... *indecisive*

Also also, I am nub. Just realized, after 39 lvls, that the damage from cat form is independent of the weapon. So I should be looking for +agi stat instead of any dps on it. Heh. I have been stacking agi on the cat, but I kept switching weapons for better dps. D'oh.

Also also, I am nub. Just realized, after 39 lvls, that the damage from cat form is independent of the weapon. So I should be looking for +agi stat instead of any dps on it. Heh. I have been stacking agi on the cat, but I kept switching weapons for better dps. D'oh.

terra, stack str over agi. agi is for crit and 1 ap, str gives you 2ap in cat form.

terra, stack str over agi. agi is for crit and 1 ap, str gives you 2ap in cat form.

Oh.

:rofl:

Okay, I guess I will AH the 2 stacks of elixir of agi and instead go make the elixir of strength. Heh.

The feral branch of Druid is really well developed, because you can get tank and dps out of it. It's easier to do a tank/dps than it is to do dps/resto.

Also you may want to consider being a moonkin (or oomkin as they are popularly known) if you want to maintain your +healer/spell dmg gear, and believe me parties do appreciate the +5% spell critical that moonkins provide.

I love Battle Chickens. They sound so funny when I kill them. Really one of the only sure HK's I've got in PvP

The feral branch of Druid is really well developed, because you can get tank and dps out of it. It's easier to do a tank/dps than it is to do dps/resto.

yup. and if you collect a set of healing gear you can heal instances as feral until about lvl 55/BRD or so.

Also you may want to consider being a moonkin (or oomkin as they are popularly known) if you want to maintain your +healer/spell dmg gear, and believe me parties do appreciate the +5% spell critical that moonkins provide.

lol, boomkin are next to useless.

I've actually heard feral druids should stack agi, as it gives AP and crit, leading to Kara/ZA/PvP geared druids with around 3,500 AP and 45% crit in catform.

Boomkin... are a very mixed bag. They provide a nice group buff for casters, but itemization is a bit rough (very few epic boomkin items aside from PvP and ZA; the first epic PvE boomkin boots were in Black Temple), so they often end up in cloth. And most of those I've met don't know how to play. Others can really dish out solid damage, and they can still pop the battle rez and innervate. (Amusingly enough, in raids we don't innervate our healers, we innervate our shadow priest. He manas up the healers.) I think the talent tree is very solid, though.

Hi guys :)

I lurk in here all the time but I need some advice, I'm a 70 prot tank raiding Kara, but I dont use any mods other than ItemRack and I dont have a single macro or keybinding, I'm just not very good at that kind of thing. Are there any warriors around that can point me in the direction of some stuff to help me out?

I'm a 70 prot tank raiding Kara, but I dont use any mods other than ItemRack and I dont have a single macro or keybinding, I'm just not very good at that kind of thing. Are there any warriors around that can point me in the direction of some stuff to help me out?

Hmmm.

For addons, you NEED:

-Omen. (So does your entire raid. Mandatory.)

-BigWigs boss mods OR Deadly Boss Mods. (Mandatory.)

As for macros....ummm....

-/Target Demon Chain for Illhoof fight.

-The fear macro thingie for Nightbane. I don't know it off the top of my head.

Ummm, as for helping you out, I don't know exactly what you want. Here's some tips.

-Stack Stamina.

-Keep 490 def, but don't sweat even one more point.

-Keep up shield block. Always.

-Lead with Shield Slam, then Revenge, then Devastate, then Devastate.....repeat.

-Flask up. Use stam food.

-Got a gem slot? Solid Star of Elune.

-Use your shackles in there. Bring a priest.

-Get a weapon with a weapon chain.

-Moroes's Pocket Watch ain't really for warriors.....EXCEPT on the Prince fight, phase 2. Use it, love it, win.

-Forget the Beast boss exists.

-Don't be afraid to use concussive blow and last stand and challenging shout. Warriors hardly ever use these.

Any specific questions for tanking Kara?

Hmmm.

For addons, you NEED:

-Omen. (So does your entire raid. Mandatory.)

-BigWigs boss mods OR Deadly Boss Mods. (Mandatory.)

As for macros....ummm....

-/Target Demon Chain for Illhoof fight.

-The fear macro thingie for Nightbane. I don't know it off the top of my head.

Ummm, as for helping you out, I don't know exactly what you want. Here's some tips.

(snip)

Any specific questions for tanking Kara?

:) well I'm not totally new

I do have omen, I forgot about that one. I'll look up deadlyboss when I get home.

I have almost 13000 hp and currently 506 defense. I have a lot of Solid Star of Elune, and I hate the damn things, they are pricey!

I've never made it to Illhoof or Nightbane, yesterday we killed the Prince for the first time ever! I'll look up macros for them.

You posted a Netherspite how to video, didn't you? I think it's on my guild website! He's our next target I think.

I'm looking for any particular tank specific mods or macros I should have, or a good guide?

Archived