BWB Norcal IV

Kat

I'll be working at SFO airport and staying as close to the airport as I can get.

oooh, I'll be working at Big Biotech Company in the area January 6/7, so I will be able to meet up with you for dinner one of those nights.

edited to sound more decisive.

Everything sounds great to me. I think the 7th and 8th will be the best nights for me, but I'll be around any night really. In the next week or so I'll make the travel plans at work and find out exactly where I'm staying. After that I should be able to make some more concrete plans. Untill then yall can post ideas up here or reach me via creepy PM. Looking forward to meeting anyone who can make it.

Everything sounds great to me. I think the 7th and 8th will be the best nights for me, but I'll be around any night really. In the next week or so I'll make the travel plans at work and find out exactly where I'm staying. After that I should be able to make some more concrete plans. Untill then yall can post ideas up here or reach me via creepy PM. Looking forward to meeting anyone who can make it.

So maybe dinner and drinks for the BwB somewhere in San Mateo? I was thinking maybe the 6th, but maybe the 8th would work best?

Any resolution on the place yet? I might be able to make it.

I don't think we've even decided which day. Let's just call it the 6th. Does that work? A little less time to plan, but nobody is making particularly in-depth plans anyway. As far as finding a place if somebody knows anything about the area and wants to just pick somewhere, that would probably be best. I'd suggest going to a regular spot; something easy for everyone, but if yall have a regular place I'm guessing it isn't near the airport.

So....does anyone know of a place to meet at?

I can do the 6th, but I'll let AG pick the place since she's probably more familiar with the peninsula than I am. If not, maybe I'll look for a list of restaurants in Millbrae/Burlingame/whatever and see if I can find something that looks tasty?

Ok yeah 6th it is.

As to where, I know I initially said San Mateo but I don't even know any places there. I suppose our regular place is Cigar Club in SF, which I would be totally down for. I just realized I haven't been there since Raid came in April and I could really go for a glass of wine and pizza from that one yummy place. Sun-dried tomatoes and cilantro yumyum.

How's that sound?

I actually have an interview the 6th in your neighborhood (cupertino is close enough, no?) I could be convinced to do the cigar club, but I don't think I'm up for driving back to the peninsula after I go home. I haven't gotten drunk in a while and cigar club is bart friendly.

Do I have to be that one bitch who prefers nonsmoking bars? :( I'll go, it's easier for me to get to anyway, but I just was looking forward to trying someplace new. Whatever the consensus is tho.

Do I have to be that one bitch who prefers nonsmoking bars? :(

Ha, I'm a smoker and prefer nonsmoking bars.

I'll go, it's easier for me to get to anyway, but I just was looking forward to trying someplace new. Whatever the consensus is tho.

I want to try someplace new, too. I just sent a message to a friend who lives in Burlingame to see if he can rec a cool place. I said "We are looking for a place where we can talk, have drinks, and order a decent meal. Pub-like, I'm thinking. Pool tables a plus but not required. Basically we just want to chill, have good conversation, drinks, and food."

I'll post if I hear anything. I'm still open to suggestions. :)

Ok, there's this place in Burlingame that we can try if we are feeling adventurous - I've never been there but it can't be that awful, right? And I guess it is near the Caltrain station if that helps people out.

I really don't care, but can we try to pick a place by tonight? I will be internetless tomorrow so tonight I will need to figure out how to get to where I'm going from where I'll be.

Ok, there's this place in Burlingame that we can try if we are feeling adventurous - I've never been there but it can't be that awful, right? And I guess it is near the Caltrain station if that helps people out.

I really don't care, but can we try to pick a place by tonight? I will be internetless tomorrow so tonight I will need to figure out how to get to where I'm going from where I'll be.

That'll do for me.

Ok, so unless there are no objections, let's say Steelhead Brewing Company in Burlingame, tomorrow. What time are we thinking? I could do 6ish, but I don't know if that is too early for some.

Expect me at half seven. :)

Ok, so unless there are no objections, let's say Steelhead Brewing Company in Burlingame, tomorrow. What time are we thinking? I could do 6ish, but I don't know if that is too early for some.

This sounds great to me. I'll get there around 6:30. I want to give myself a little time, in case I do end up working all day.

Ugh, sorry, I forgot the 6th was tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't think I can be there til 7 or so...have to do various pre-desert shopping things tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Archived