BWB Norcal IV

Kat

Crap. This is sounding great. But I am out. I dropped an axle last night at midnight while driving (at slow speed, thankfully), didn't get home til 3:30 then had to be back in the City to rescue the immobile car from the parking lot where the SF tow company had left it.

I've been up almost the whole time - two 1.5 hour naps - and won't get the car until 6:00.

Have fun without me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey gang - I don't know if I'm really posting this as an official activity, but this sounds cool (in the nerdy sense) and I thought I would pass it along: Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences. Every Thursday (through October) from 6-10 pm there's drinks, snacks, a lecture, and, um...science stuff. *shrugs*

I think I'm going to go next week.

Oh, and sorry seastarr - didn't notice your post there. Hope you make it out sometime.

Hey gang - I don't know if I'm really posting this as an official activity, but this sounds cool (in the nerdy sense) and I thought I would pass it along: Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences. Every Thursday (through October) from 6-10 pm there's drinks, snacks, a lecture, and, um...science stuff. *shrugs*

I think I'm going to go next week.

Oh, and sorry seastarr - didn't notice your post there. Hope you make it out sometime.

Thanks for the heads up AG. Maybe I'll go when I get home. If there are no kids, it's definitely worth going. Er, it's not that I don't like kids, but I have been to the new Cal Academy twice, and both times it was super crowded with lots of kids (once on a weekday morning, with field trips, and once on a holiday, with families), which can make it hard to enjoy at your own pace. It is a cool place though. Recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that there is not too much going on in our beloved bay area. I thought I would point out that after my involuntary 4 month vacation, I have found gainful (or so it seems so far) employment. After 1 week of working, I can safely say I am "back in the work force". At some point we should get together an celebrate that. We know I like drinks. :cheers:

Similarly, if any of you are in an Opera mood, Rach is in the chorus of the Marriage of Figaro. I think it is in SF at the community music center the weekend of 3/21 and in Berkeley at the Hillside club the weekend of the 3/28. She's told me I am exempt from going, but that shouldn't stop you. ;)

Congrats on the job, bl!

I think this may have to be the first BWB Norcal thing I am not present for, as I will be out of town until early April. :(

Who's down for cocktails? Mid week or weekend? Let's start by saying, I like 3/13. Turns out that's a performance night. I'm working in Emeryville, so the east bay and SF both okie-dokie with me.

I'm sure if AG is coming, so will some of the rest of you.

BTW Kat, your discount tent is one of the cleverest things I've seen in recent years. Mad props to you.

Who's down for cocktails? Mid week or weekend? Let's start by saying, I like 3/13. Turns out that's a performance night. I'm working in Emeryville, so the east bay and SF both okie-dokie with me.

I'm sure if AG is coming, so will some of the rest of you.

BTW Kat, your discount tent is one of the cleverest things I've seen in recent years. Mad props to you.

I'm in with or without she who sips then stumbles. Pick a place. Figure 8:00 ish for me on a worknight though.

And ditto to the BTW.

Archived