BWB Norcal IV

Kat

I'd love to meet you all in person, but I already have plans on Dec. 6th.

I adore Bourbon and Branch, but you have to make a reservation to go there and the drinks are crazy expensive; like $13. Delicious and inventive, though.

Bah. BL, can you PM me with your address? I want to make sure I give you back your Abercrombie before I disappear to the desert for a while.

I should be there.

How will I know who ya'll are btw?

My picture is in the member gallery, which has a link in General Chatter, and is also in some of the pics posted elsewhere in this thread. I'm in my mid-20s, with short, very curly brown hair and glasses. Jon will probably wear a shirt to identify himself, but his pic I think is also in the gallery.

Edit: You could also try asking everyone at the bar, "Winter Is Coming?" and see how they respond. ;)

I think that was the most I've ever talked about the books.

Ever. Including on the board. :leaving:

I liked Venardhi's friends, though. (He was ok too. :P But he spent almost the whole time talking to Jon about casting and stuff.)

Definite good times. It was nice to see Kat again and a pleasure to meet Venardhi and his friends. If you're reading this, I'm sorry, I forgot your names. But like I said last night, if you join and post your board names, I'll know for sure next time. Your board name, that is. :)

Looking forward to next time.

Enjoyment had by all. I'll be moving within a month though, so unfortunately I won't be able to make it to too many of the Nor-Cal meetups from here on out. . . unless/until I move back.

Here's hoping Portland has some people as nice and cool as you two.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm going to be in San Francisco from January 5th-9th. I'm working all week and I'm somewhat flexibile on what day I leave so I could probably take an extra day if I want to. I remembered that NorCal was one of the more active BWB groups so I wanted to get some recommendations from yall about whats good or not so good in SF.

I'll be working at SFO airport and staying as close to the airport as I can get. I should have a rental car and I'm mostly interested in finding good bars and restaurants and any kind of specific to the city museums or sights. I'm not tied to the city either. If there are any parks that are open at evening or night time I'd be into that as well. Specifcally anyplacr known for good hiking or just a good walk.

Also I wanted to see if anyone is up for a meet up some evening. I've never met anyone in the BWB and I think I'd have more fun with a smaller meet up to start with. I'd be happy in just about any kind of place I can take a seat and sample some local beers I havent ever tried before. Throw in a pool table and I'll be in heaven. Let me know if yall are interested or just have something to add.

Archived