BWB Norcal IV

Kat

I don't think anyone is a vegetarian, but I could be wrong on that. I certainly eat meat. I tried to be veg for about 5 minutes, and then I smelled a BBQ. Er, I'm not the world's greatest hot dog fan, should I bring some sausages for myself? And what other food?

I don't think anyone is a vegetarian, but I could be wrong on that. I certainly eat meat. I tried to be veg for about 5 minutes, and then I smelled a BBQ. Er, I'm not the world's greatest hot dog fan, should I bring some sausages for myself? And what other food?

I was never making hot dogs <g>

We will have chicken and either ribs or tri-tip (unless I fee ambitious enough to make a brisket).

As I recall, you made a kick-ass Caprese, if you'd like to make that again.

Should we be bringing anything? I'm a n00b at these get-togethers.

as you are making a more than "nominal" drive to be with our marginally disfunctional group, I think you should bring yourself. of course, if you have special needs, like I only drink "bud light" you might be in trouble, otherwise, come and enjoy. No need to bring anything. :cheers:

as you are making a more than "nominal" drive to be with our marginally disfunctional group, I think you should bring yourself. of course, if you have special needs, like I only drink "bud light" you might be in trouble, otherwise, come and enjoy. No need to bring anything. :cheers:

Eh... I actually live in SF, and lived in Concord up until two years ago. I'm just down in Monterey that day for diving. I'll see if I can bring something along. Either something from my bar or perhaps fresh fruit/veggies from the agricultural area around Monterey... or a bit of both. :drool:

Eh... I actually live in SF, and lived in Concord up until two years ago. I'm just down in Monterey that day for diving. I'll see if I can bring something along. Either something from my bar or perhaps fresh fruit/veggies from the agricultural area around Monterey... or a bit of both. :drool:

as I have a full bar (unless you want gin-- blech) and full wine cellar, you are safe on the liquor front. But kat and the red woman love veggies.... so we will not turn those down... and if they work well on a grill...they can do double duty.

Dude, just to let you know bl, despite reading the evite again today, I was about to show up on your doorstep this week instead of next. I'm not sure how I'm going to eat all these tomatoes this week now. :leaving:

*will learn to read*

fyi -

it appears there will be some roadwork (on saturday -- the sign went up yesterday) on the main access road to our neighborhood for most of you. Based on what has been going on the last 2 weeks, they should be done by 5, so it should be a non-issue. Make sure you have my phone # in case you need to last minute navigation directions.

Think Ribs, Chicken, Mac n' Cheese (the red woman's favorite) and lots of wine. ok, and some beer.

those who did not get invited, hit me up.

I hope you guys had/are having a great time!

It was indeed a great time! I got to the Leather house around 7 to find Scuba Steve, Maester Yobjascz (addressed by real name or "Maester Y"), Lady Yobjascz, and Boiled and Lady Leather. Kat arrived soon after and Bronn around 8:30. We had DELICIOUS outdoor dinner of gourmet mac and cheese, ribs and chicken smothered in sauce and grilled, grilled corn on the cob, a cheese-tomato-salad dish I think Kat brought, a very flavorful cannellini bean mixture and fancy bread. We chatted until about 1:30a, my highlight of the evening being a game of "marry, fuck, kill" for ASOIAF (Gregor, Sandor, Hodor) that went into real-life people in the end.

It was definitely great times. :) Nice to meet you Yobjascz's! Good to see everyone else again! We'll all meet in the city soon enough, I hope. :cheers:

Fuck Gregor, marry Sandor, kill Hodor. Duh. :P

Kill Hodor? :cry:

I chose to kill Gregor seeing as how's eeeevil. I agree to marry Sandor. He's deep. Fuck Hodor and send him on his way. I wouldn't want to marry a guy like that. Sorry Hodor.

Yes, this was one of the "gay question sets" Lady leather gave to the guys.

ETA: missed the smiley. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Day has come. I am no longer a dispassionate observer from afar, No, I am now a true geek of the highest order.

I have joined the board!

You may all know me as "Mrs. Leather" or "Lady Leather" but in person you know my name is Rachel and I am joined at the hip to Ser Boiled Leather. And I am thrilled to be part of this group. You will all now know me as TheRedWoman.

I may do more lurking than posting. I am also a serious newbie and terrified of upsetting any moderators who might say "you needed to read through 20,000 pages before you post something that has already been posted before." So, be gentle, and coax me along. You are all the experts and I am....the virgin. Or something like that.

This is my first official post and I am happy to join you all my BWB Nor Cal Friends. Let the games begin!

Cheers,

Rachel

:cheers:

Archived