BWB Norcal IV

Kat

• 2 weeks later...

:cheers: I can make it, and I hear AG can too.

Man, I wish I could have gone to the recital...bl, let us know if Rachel has another one, and if I'm in town and not sick I will go.

Sounds amusing. What day of the week is the 6th of December? Ah, it's a Saturday. I should be OK for that, then. Though I may also be in the throes of a 30 page paper. But fuggit, it's just class.

Howdy.

Hey there! Hope you can make it.

Ok, I'm going to be a total asshole and (a) request a change of venue and (B) not offer an alternative. I'm cool with SF (since we could not come up with a decent peninsula location) but I'm not really keen on Hobson's Choice. I could do Cigar Club again, but others might be bored of the same locale...? Sorry for being difficult. :)

Cigar Club is not much fun on a Saturday. Downtown is pretty dead.

ETA - I did have fun once on a Saturday doing a bit of a circuit. Enrico's, Bubble Lounge, divey food in Chinatown then Cigar Club to finish. Or Belden Alley (the alley around from the Cigar Club) for dinner if the weather is extraordinarily good.

• 2 weeks later...

Invitations are definitely open, but organization tends to be somewhat haphazard.

Usually someone floats an idea for a meetup here, about a month in advance, and we toss it around to see if there is a critical mass of people who would be able to make it. Sometimes the ideas fizzle if we can't get enough takers. Most often the meetings are in bars, although we had one picnic in Golden Gate park in August of 2007, and one BBQ at boiledleather's house in Concord this June.

Read the earlier pages of this thread, and its predecessor thread from last year, for some reports on previous meetups, including picture links. (There are also some links to BwB pictures on my own web site; see my sig.)

So where do you live? Would Saturday, Dec 6 be a time that you'd be expect to be able to make it to a meetup in the City?

Archived