Goodkind XXXV: Ayn't Life Rand?

The Wolf Maid

AFD?

A Fat Dragon?

A Fairy Drink?

A Feline of Doom?

Anyway, I think I should be the starismine channeler here. Agulla is undoubtedly best at Yeard Channeling, but I could be a star!

Or not...

I'll leave the myasterisk bashing to mystar...

Ahh...

I should make preparations.

QUICK! TO THE YEARDMOBILE!

We're going to start a new thread on AFD, like we did on Yeard Day.

Goodkind (50): We are all Yeardites now

Subtitle: But just for this special day

Or something like that.

And Rashid, the poor goat herd, was amazed when he saw the odd looking plant that his most beloved goat was eating with such abandon. Its fruits were small red beans and they seem to make his goat happy and cheerful, more alert and willing to do some hard work. Intrigued, the goat herd took some of those beans to show them to a wise old man who lived nearby, Zeddim Al Zedhum, a crazed hermit who happened to be Rashid's mentor.

From The Book of Counted Goats, by Agulla Needle Alfiler.

As Pita has said, I'm the one that channels the Yeard. There are others who think they understand His word but not even their blind faith in His teachings can spare them of misunderstanding Him. Be amused by their silly antics, be entertained by their zeal in defending the Yeard and attacking those who badmouth His greatness, enjoy their gloating about if a TV series is produced and another is not produced. They are a present from the Yeard to allow us to have our fun at their expenses.

they cant be a present from the Yeard, that would be altruism, which the Yeard teaches is the root of all evil. Thus the Yeard would only give something if he gained a benefit from it in some way.

(jokes aside. it actually says this in Atlas Shrugged)

I also had a character in D&D whose life philosophy was never give something unless he would get it back with bonuses.

Needless to say, after the last Heal spell I denied my group I got lynched. IRL.

Zeddim al Zedhum was amazed when Rashid showed him the odd looking beans; he had never seen something like that and promised to study them. He had different methods in mind but finally decided on the most simple; put them on the fire, cook them and see what happened.

"They will become brown and their smell will be pleasant, if you grind them they will produce a powder that mixed with hot water and then filtered will make a fine energizing drink." Said Rashid.

The old hermit was surprised by his disciples' wisdom.

"How can you know this?" He asked.

"I've already smelled them and I can learn all their properties just with a sniff, don't ask me why." Said Rashid.

And Zeddim al Zehum knew he spoke the Truth.

The Yeard gains something out of this. But we are not mature enough to understand, I've shared His thoughts and I have to admit that the subtleness of it surpasses me. I can only say that it has something to do with the unwritten rule, the last one of the Wizard's Rules that can be used to explain any nonsense that the author wants to shove down your throat.

Others have suggested that the presence of these acolytes is just a feint, a way to lure those who are unworthy away from the Truth so only a few will benefit from it. Which brings us to the main contradiction, why should someone who has learned the truthful way of living teach it to others if this means that they would enter in direct competition with him?

As always Agulla, I am your devoted worshiper :bows:

why should someone who has learned the truthful way of living teach it to others if this means that they would enter in direct competition with him?

I think it has something to do with the need to be worshipped and being universally adored.

But Rashid had fixed his raptor like gaze on him and Zeddim al Zedhum learned fear, the humble goat herd was taller than most men even if there were men that were taller than him, and he towered over the wise hermit.

"I suppose that we agree that I'm the one who has discovered this great drink that will open the eyes of generations to come, a drink that will liven up philosophical discussion and spawn revolutions." Said Rashid.

Being a wise man, the hermit could only bow to Rashid and do not oppose him in matters of patents and rights.

Ah, you are right, Wolf Maid. For a moment I had forgotten that. There is no contradiction then; people should learn to think by themselves what their leader has thought for them to think.

Enigma, I've missed you! How have you been?

*crickets*

Ummm...

Wolf Maid, this is the first avatar of yours I am disappointed in. Things do not rise from your new avatar, and we must only use Jaxom's.

In Soviet Russia, avatars hate YOU

I have been quite well indeed; involving myself in the important matters of life, naturally. And as for you? I am certainly aware that this is uncharacteristic of me, but the thread appears to be temporarily lifeless...perhaps I should claim it in the honest name of Goodkind.

Though I think, I am retiring for now.

P.S. Pita, I suspect that deep down, you still favour and would like to adhere, to the ways of Terry Goodkind, and his involving creations. I urge you to reconcile, completely, with your old acquaintances, who so love the Sword of Truth novels still.

It is a better place for you.

I have been quite well indeed; involving myself in the important matters of life, naturally. And as for you? I am certainly aware that this is uncharacteristic of me, but the thread appears to be temporarily lifeless...perhaps I should claim it in the honest name of Goodkind.

P.S. Pita, I suspect that deep down, you still favour and would like to adhere, to the ways of Terry Goodkind, and his involving creations. I urge you to reconcile, completely, with your old acquaintances, who so love the Sword of Truth novels still.

I'll assume you're being sincere.

I'm doing well.

P.S. My old aquaintances either hate me for introducing them to Terry Goodkind (The torture scene put them off, so they got annoyed at me) or don't really care that I dislike an author. 2 people all in all.

Pat has endorsed something I did! wee!

Even though it's probably because of the main title.

Who - and what - are you?!

Archived