Goodkind XXXV: Ayn't Life Rand?

The Wolf Maid

I am too morally superior to take this bait. Clearly from this post you lack the maturity to understand Mr. Goodkind's works and that is why you enjoy this amaturish thread so much.

I'm sure this is redundent, but is everyone aware that if they really want, they can go here and from there, if they really want, they can go here.?

I think there's a major problem here.

He has no internet.

He has a myspace page.

There must be some sort of internal logic I am missing.

There has to be.

My mind can't make up for that kind of contradiction, and besides, those don't exist.

Uuuuhhmmm...

On the right: About Terry: "Hi, I'm Terry Goodkind. Several years ago I sat down to write a story that was 47 years in the making."

On the top left: Details about Terry: Male, 100 years old, Nevada, United States

Is there something I'm missing?

Well, as everyone knows, the true messiah denies that he is the messiah.

Therefore, a messiah who denies not only that he is the messiah, but that the messiah or god could possibly exist at all, must logically be even greater than than your average, run-of-the-mill messiah.

/Yeardite logic.

I'd just like to note, as an atheist, that Tairy inspires a strong urge to scream "Get off my side!" every time he opens his mouth on the subject of religion.

How does MyStar reconcile his fervent belief in the Judeo-Christian God with Terry Goodkind's preaching that all religion is evil and an opiate for the masses (that was Goodkind, right?).

Well, the religion in SoT is really supposed to be like Islam more than Christianity. Ergo, conservative Christians can feel perfectly comfortable hating on the Imperial Order.

with Terry Goodkind's preaching that all religion is evil and an opiate for the masses (that was Goodkind, right?).

Actually that was Marx, and being the communism godfather he is the anti christ to Goodkinds capitalism therefore it would be a contradiction if both clamed the same because Marx as a communist denounces life and lacks all forms of moral celery therefore cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as the epitome of life that is goodkind and since contradictions dont exist therefore there must be.......*blood drips from ears*

Well, the religion in SoT is really supposed to be like Islam more than Christianity. Ergo, conservative Christians can feel perfectly comfortable hating on the Imperial Order.

ok double post

but dont the D’Harians have to do the devotion routine or something? And didnt Richard (blessed be his name) say that he derived much comfort from it (or something)? I think it was in WFR just after running Denna through with his thing...err sword that is.

ok double post

but dont the D’Harians have to do the devotion routine or something? And didnt Richard (blessed be his name) say that he derived much comfort from it (or something)? I think it was in WFR just after running Denna through with his thing...err sword that is.

Yeah, it is a bit like the call to prayer, isn't it? Although, keep in mind, he does eventually end the devotions. Just at the very, very end of the series.

I could swear I've read something about Terry denouncing religion. Doesn't seem very objectivist or individualistic, does it, devoting your life to serve an allmighty creator? The Christian God preaches compassion, for instance. And that love is patient and unselfish and stuff. Sounds so little like the Terry we know and adore.

Don't give up, WolfMaid!

Archived