BWB Burns Night

needle

Highlights of Scotland

Best of:

• A reappearance of the pig and bear masks. They suit Sean and Barry so well.

• Zak and Zollo gettin’ it oooonnnnn.

• “Damn it Jim, this is a hostel not an apothecaryâ€

• Sklep

• Clever Dick’s where you could have anything to eat as long as you wanted it served with Haggis (fried, boiled, poached, sautéed)

• The car-crash that was the first Celidh dance in which I participated (badly). I am bruised and in pain. (That Sklepper, Barry, managed to throw me out of the skleppin’ room).

• The breakfast on Sunday in which Sean, Barry, and Mr Chal conceived to break me with humour.

• Team America.

I’m terribly emo cause I had to leave you guys – can’t wait for the next one.

N

Holy crap a 3 year old's birthday was a bit much for today but bless her cotton socks she slept with me for 2 hours this afternoon so I retained sanity.

Thanks a million to everyone who set this up. Zak, Fee, Chal, Mrs Zak for having awesome timing with birthday positioning.

Had a great weekend and ate haggis 5 times just because it had to be done.

Cool to meet another bunch of awesome BwBers. Ten I add my apologies, I also thought you were going to be at the Ceilidh. Next time I promise to say more than that you do actually look a bit like Ro :blush: Ser V was an inspiration at the Ceilidh, the man has enthusiasm in unrivaled amounts. Mrs Z and Mrs V were an inspiration of a more they can actually dance sort. Great to meet you Mo my fellow victim of The Crags, I think you should watch more Buster Keaton to perfect your pratfall though :P

I love Edinburgh and it has never been better then with you guys.

See you all soon, did anyone else take any photos by the way?

Drat - I am sooo annoyed I missed Friday's debaucheries. :cry:

Still, I have fond memories of the Saturday - Zak's laughably 'non-muddy' route across the crags which proved so perilous to Barry (and Mo), wonderful to meet Ser and Lady Vestrit, and seeing Chal, Mr Chal and needle again, as well as everyone else. The ceilidh was such fun - we really were the crappiest dancers and loved every minute of it. It was a glorious muddle; we brought the spirit of the tourney to the dancefloor.

It was the first time I had seen Team America and I was a convert within two minutes. Wish I could remember the songs though. Need a website... Oh, how my stomach and sides hurt from laughing!

Thank you so much to needle and chal and zak for making all this happen, and Ms Zak for suffering us to take over her birthday.

I'm missing everybody.

My calves remind me of you with every step. Dunno if that was Arthur's Seat or the ceilidh, but I hobble around like an old lady for about half an hour whenever I stand up. Gah! I am sooo unfit. Oh, and I slept for about three hours when I got back home yesterday afternoon, then had a night's sleep and *still* feel knackered.

Aaaah, it was all worth it though. :D

P.S. Now I have read Barry's post I'll just add that I took a few pics but they were all a complete disaster - my camera is just not equal to the task of indoor night BwB party shots. :(

Well, I finally made it home last night. What a great weekend!

Arrived around noon in Edinburgh, but since Zak was supposed to work I took the train to Glasgow to meet up with the West Coast Posse (john of the Future, GoN, Sean and barry).

For some reason we went to see Jarhead (leaving poor Daj puzzled as to our whereabouts). That film, what can I say....'welcome to the suck'. It did that. Sucking.

It was fun though, if only I could get that mantra out of my head 'this is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine...etc etc.'

Had lots and lots to drink at various pubs in both G'gow and Edinburgh that day. Didn't make it all the way to 6 am on Saturday, mainly because I had been up for 23 hours by the time I went to bed (3.30 or some such).

The make-out session was definitely pay-back for the BwB ladies, whom, I hope, do appreciate our efforts. And no, GoN, there are only 2 people on earth who know whether or not tongues were involved. :P

Saturday was good, got pretty damn wet in the morning rain (which resulted in my lingering flueish/coldish virus finally kicking in for real), had a huge haggis for breakfast (my very first, loved it!), saw parts of the beautiful city centre of Edinburgh (I really love that place), walked up the Crags where barry showed that he masters the various facets of 'being a clown'. :P A good laugh was had.

Had great take-away from a place where Ms. Zak chatted with the personnel as if she were part of the family and eats there 3 times a week. Turns out she does the latter. :P

Not feeling all that well later that day and took painkillers before heading out to the ceilidh. Even drinking nothing but water didn't help much, freezing one moment, sweating the next. Not much fun, even though I managed to eat some more haggis (and Chal's) my head felt like twice its size and I sadly wasn't in a condition to dance. Next time! Other than that the Bwb had gotten a bit in a dip (the aftermath of the Friday) so thing were a tad calmer than usual.

Team America later that evening was hilarious. Not sure how I stayed awake.

Sunday morning started off with more painkillers (thanks Fee) and me feeling a bit better, especially after having 3 cups of coffee and a huge steak pie. The rest of the Sunday was v relaxed. Watched the Princess Bride and saw Team America again. Slowly people started to head back home until only Zak, Ms. Zak and me were left. Played Halo with Zak for 6 hours straight until we fell over from exhaustion. Left Edinburgh under a clear sky! There was sun to be seen even. Bear-hugged Zak on Princes Street and went home. :P No, we didn't make out.

Lots of kudos to Zak and Ms. Zak for their hospitality and to the latter and Ms. Vestrit for putting up with all the strange people. ;)

Oh, and what would Randyll Tarly do?

Great to meet you Mo my fellow victim of The Crags, I think you should watch more Buster Keaton to perfect your pratfall though

I know that my poor attempt at copying your ingenious comedy intermission failed miserably. I shall practice for next time, or cease to try being funny :)

Not much to add really - I may summarise my weekend as to be absolutely wonderful. It was great to meet new people (although Sean's complaint about me not wearing my kilt and me not drinking enough wounded me deeply :) ), and to remeet those who I've met before. The weekend was great fun (at least after I recovered from the shock of being forced to sit in business class on the trainride to Edinburgh), to see an all-BwB set at the Ceilidh was amazing, and I've had the best time since.. well, Christmas possibly :)

I think I forgot to express my gratitude to be allowed to stay at Zak's and Ms Zak's place :( A belated thank you here, and I'll stand in the next corner and be ashamed for a while now because of it.

In essence: Can't wait to meet you all again :) And maybe next time I will be able to write a decent report, for a change...

Really sorry about that Mo, I should have at least said hello before yelling "booo, you suck". :blush: I'm afraid you caught me at the heigh of my drunkenness, but you should have worn your kilt!! :P

I can only echo Filihoudinijawasklep, yes Mo is indeed great! :)

I've got one film getting developed at the moment. It'll be ready by friday but only has about 7 photos on it from the BWB meet-up. I have a second film which has about 11 photos or so, but i need to use the rest of the film up (will probably do that next weekend, as i'm visiting friends in newcastle)

she reminds me of myself from before I met the BwB and got totally spoiled.

Well, I am working on the being-spoiled aspect :) I hope to improve anytime soon :)

Really sorry about that Mo, I should have at least said hello before yelling "booo, you suck". I'm afraid you caught me at the heigh of my drunkenness, but you should have worn your kilt!!

Yes, you should. But I am over it now :) Besides, you didn't wear a kilt either. And you could have bought one for 20 Pounds in one of the Tourist shops, so stop blaming me ;)

I can only return the compliment of greatness :)

So, let's get this straight:

NONE of you useless gits have any photos to show?

I would save money to buy a digital camera, but if I did I could not go to BwB Gatherings. And if I don't go to BwB Gatherings, buying a digital camera would make no sense. Logic is killing my photoshooting. I will be ashamed now.

Well, I need to replace my crappy cam too, it isn't a priority compared to partying with the BwB I agree. ;)

The key is persuading someone to buy you one for a present. :P

Archived