News from the insane world of Terry Goodkind

Werthead

Ned’s dream by Goodkind with Richard staring in the role as Ned.

in the dream as it has been in life. Yet these were no ordinary three. They waited before the round tower, it was circular in shape, it reminded Richard of a phlylic device that Denna once used on him, it was round and shaped like that. The red mountains of Dorne at their back but not as red as the leathers of the Mord-Sith as it clings to their body. They were red leathers to hide the color of blood, which is also red. Their white cloaks bellowing in the wind, for a strong breeze was blowing that could push and make their cloaks bellow.

Some of them were big men. Richard was a bigger man then most but some were bigger then he was. Others were smaller then he was. That was normal because Richard was a big man. Ser Arthu Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. Richard knew he was unfamiliar with the Truth of Objectivist so he had to die. Ser Oswell When was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whetstone. He was a smaller then Richard but he has long limbs and long legs and long arms his face was also long, but overall he was smaller then Richard, who was a big man. Between them stood fierce old Ser Gerold Hightower, the White Bull, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

And Richard was scared, he had three men to their seven. There were all tough looking men. They had all fight many times in their life. Some of them had scars they got from the many fights there were in. Richard was frightened he may not win.

"Communism is bad," Richard said to them.

"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.

"WTF? communism is dead, why are you beating a dead horse?," said Ser Oswell.

"You must seek the greater truth of Ann Rynd." proclaimed Richard

"What are you babbling about?," Ser Gerold said

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individuals life can and must only belong to himself, no to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man's throat and dictate how he must live his life. No society is more important than the individuals who compose it, or else you ascribe supreme importance, not to man, but to any notion that strikes the fantasy of that society at a never ending cost of lives. Reason and reality are the only means to just laws; mindles wishes, if given sovereignty, become deadly masters.†quoted Richard from an actual Terry quote.

"I must've read that too fast," said Ser Arthur Dayne, "that made no sense at all. Treason against mankind, wtf does that mean?"

"So umm... mindless wishes not given sovereignty are a good thing?" ventured Ser Gerold.

Richards wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three. But he knew the men with him were real men. They all completely agreed with everything he said and did. They knew the truth of objectivism. They were all individuals. They did not mock him or questioned his writing ability.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

Without a doubt in his mind Richard strolled up and killed them all without much trouble. Richard knew there were evil villains because he spoke the truth of objectivism to them. They mocked him and denied the nobility of the spirit that all man have. Richard knew everyone had a noble spirit. He also knew the Wizard’s First Rule that people are stupid. So he killed the noble stupid people using one of the Wizard’s rule.

Richard then want on to rescue Kahlan, again. Just like the last time he rescued her.

Ned’s dream by Goodkind with Richard staring in the role as Ned.

in the dream as it has been in life. Yet these were no ordinary three. They waited before the round tower, it was circular in shape, it reminded Richard of a phlylic device that Denna once used on him, it was round and shaped like that. The red mountains of Dorne at their back but not as red as the leathers of the Mord-Sith as it clings to their body. They were red leathers to hide the color of blood, which is also red. Their white cloaks bellowing in the wind, for a strong breeze was blowing that could push and make their cloaks bellow.

Some of them were big men. Richard was a bigger man then most but some were bigger then he was. Others were smaller then he was. That was normal because Richard was a big man. Ser Arthu Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. Richard knew he was unfamiliar with the Truth of Objectivist so he had to die. Ser Oswell When was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whetstone. He was a smaller then Richard but he has long limbs and long legs and long arms his face was also long, but overall he was smaller then Richard, who was a big man. Between them stood fierce old Ser Gerold Hightower, the White Bull, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

And Richard was scared, he had three men to their seven. There were all tough looking men. They had all fight many times in their life. Some of them had scars they got from the many fights there were in. Richard was frightened he may not win.

"Communism is bad," Richard said to them.

"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.

"WTF? communism is dead, why are you beating a dead horse?," said Ser Oswell.

"You must seek the greater truth of Ann Rynd." proclaimed Richard

"What are you babbling about?," Ser Gerold said

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individuals life can and must only belong to himself, no to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man's throat and dictate how he must live his life. No society is more important than the individuals who compose it, or else you ascribe supreme importance, not to man, but to any notion that strikes the fantasy of that society at a never ending cost of lives. Reason and reality are the only means to just laws; mindles wishes, if given sovereignty, become deadly masters.†quoted Richard from an actual Terry quote.

"I must've read that too fast," said Ser Arthur Dayne, "that made no sense at all. Treason against mankind, wtf does that mean?"

"So umm... mindless wishes not given sovereignty are a good thing?" ventured Ser Gerold.

Richards wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three. But he knew the men with him were real men. They all completely agreed with everything he said and did. They knew the truth of objectivism. They were all individuals. They did not mock him or questioned his writing ability.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

Without a doubt in his mind Richard strolled up and killed them all without much trouble. Richard knew there were evil villains because he spoke the truth of objectivism to them. They mocked him and denied the nobility of the spirit that all man have. Richard knew everyone had a noble spirit. He also knew the Wizard’s First Rule that people are stupid. So he killed the noble stupid people using one of the Wizard’s rule.

Richard then want on to rescue Kahlan, again. Just like the last time he rescued her.

I don't like the ending...re=write it and have Ser Arthur Dayne kill Richard with the Sword of the Morning...I will not accept anyone who holds Sword of the Morning lose...but the Sword Of Justice is the greatest Sword of all...how the fuck did Robert Jordan get into this mess in the first place...give Ser Gerold the Sword of Justice [its the wrong series, but this is Objectivism and it does not matter]

I was standing in line waiting for lunch, when much to my horror I heard someone talking about how much he loved WFR. I did my duty and warned him of the horrors that awaited him if he continued down that destructive path. I can only hope this poor soul heeds my advice and never reads another SoT book.

Somehow, Godkind reminds me of Life of Brian:

Brian: "you are all individuals".

Mob: "Yes, We are all Individuals!".

Guy in mob: "I'm not".

Sad thing is: Unlike Brian, goodkind approves of this mindless repeating of his words...

Oh, about the sand stuff: apparently the white sand was created from the bones of old wizards, and gave you powers if you drew things with them. Or magnified your powers. Or whatever. But the black stuff was to undo the drawings made by the black stuff, because it would be too easy to wipe out the drawings, and we're only 100 pages far, and we have a contract to get 700 pages, so we'll just make the white stuff unerasable, exept when using black powder (Hello, tippex anyone???). And in a classic Goodkind twist, the black stuff is never explained where it comes from...

By the way, yes I read a few of his books, but only the translated versions. Which is for the best, I think that translator did a very good job in making the writing a lot better than the original :). Sadly he can't change the preaching texts... Which is why I stopped. I really feel sorry for the guy that translated Teddy-dear's books.

P.S.: I can't believe I said "teddy-dear"... Puke!

PPS: There are one hell of a lot of things that Goodkind uses and then "forgets". I think that, if there is a list somewhere, it's bound to be at least 90 pages long... Any "fans" who dared read through the entire series who can make this list?

I'm shocked by something I've just seen on another forums:

"Raymond E. Feist is the best Fantasy author i've read to date"

I'll have to agree with that, though very close behind are terry goodkind and George R.R. Martin

some other great ones:

weis&Hickman

David eddings

Janny wurts.

others have been mentioned already it seems, these are all fantasy btw, no sci fi in there

Goodkind and Martin mentioned in the same sentence and described as the same quality? What's the world coming to?

Source:Elder Scrolls forums: Science fiction/fantasy authors

Richard knew everyone had a noble spirit. He also knew the Wizard’s First Rule that people are stupid. So he killed the noble stupid people using one of the Wizard’s rule.

:lol:

God bless Terry Goodkind. If he did not exist, we would have to invent him.

After reading this thread, I am very ashamed (and rightfully so) to admit that I've read everything up until Chainfire in this series. After the fourth book, I should have realized that things weren't going to get any better. However, I'm one of those people who have to finish reading something once I've started it. I put so much effort into reading one that it became an obligation to read the next one. I was praying for that light at the end of the tunnel, you know the end of the series.

Just so you guys don't mistake me for a complete moron, Martin is by far one of my favorite fantasy writers and I'm very aware that his stuff is gold compared to Goodkind's recent tripe.

Archived