News from the insane world of Terry Goodkind

Werthead

Yeah...be sure to leave off...visit there if you want, it's a free world (I think), but leave it at that...laugh all we want with what goes on there, that is where it should end.

Let them have their little world...and then they'll stay out of ours...

I love your Goodkind board werewolf!

Good God, you people have taken imposterism to a new level. :rofl: Although some of the mockery is damn obvious, there's enough convincing characters on there to create some confusion. Some of you are frighteningly good at being Goodkind fans.

This has made my week, honestly.

i am just visiting.

and laughing at the dude who was posting. they just stopped. I check there every once in a while to see if they've discovered fire :mellow:

edit: I'm kidding. I'm sorry if I have offended any of you Goodkind Fans by pointing out my hero on the other board.

I wish I knew who that was...I'de send them chocolate.

I love your Goodkind board werewolf!

Good God, you people have taken imposterism to a new level. :rofl: Although some of the mockery is damn obvious, there's enough convincing characters on there to create some confusion. Some of you are frighteningly good at being Goodkind fans.

This has made my week, honestly.

be sure to sign up...

With the name he has, Zedd needs an american chopper. Vroom!

I'm sure he can't. Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead. (BTW, does Zedd die in SoT? I wouldn't know, considering I haven't read any of the books [which doesn't mean I won't talk about and ridicule them]).

The writing may not be much ("dry mud" anyone?), but it takes a certain genius -- and outright dedication -- to write something as truly plagiaristic and ludicrous as this book. Think of it as "Red Asphalt" for fantasy epics.

Heh, dry mud. That's like "solid water".

If the stomach can handle it (and the soul won't wither) I urge you to finish the story. Because it doesn't really start to cook until Terry busts out the cheep S&M, a villian eats a small child, a warrior princess makes a man eat his own testicle, Richard builds a roof, and a blatant rip-off Gollum attempts to steal a magic sword.

The writing may not be much ("dry mud" anyone?), but it takes a certain genius -- and outright dedication -- to write something as truly plagiaristic and ludicrous as this book. Think of it as "Red Asphalt" for fantasy epics.

It sounds engrossing, but I have a coupon for a discounted frontal lombotomy at "Dr Nic's Lombotomy R Us" to cash in first.

Here is a great review of Chainfire.

http://www.firstscience.com/site/editor/09...gs_04032005.asp

The guy might be on to something here.

Secondly, the series has got so rightous that clearly it just HAS to be a parody. The whole thing is a bit like that scene in Airplane where a whole queue of people line up to slap the woman and tell her to get a grip. Goodkind is clearly having us on. He can't possibly believe this stuff? I reckon he must be having a chuckle when he writes some of the lines. He has a knack of saying something in ten pages that could be explained in ten lines.

:lol:

I was flying back from a business trip to Orlando last night and the gentleman sitting next to me in the plane was reading "Chainfire." I couldn't stop laughing everytime I looked at him, intently flipping pages. I have this thread to thank that the mere sight of a Goodkind book causes me to giggle like a child.

That's a beautiful story. It brings a tear to my eye :)

Do you realize that if you google Terry Goodkind you get this thread on the third page...hey, man, you are fucking famous..you have been googled...in fact I came here from the google page...may I have your autograph...

Better hope Terry Baby dosen't google...

So what if he does? In the words of the guy melted into the driveway in the first Chicken Fight episode of Family Guy...

BRING IT ON !!!!

(sorry, stressful day :) )

Oh classic!

http://www.christianfantasy.net/terrygoodkind.html

Goodkind is an offence unto God! Officially!

Actually an interesting website which reviews books solely on their sex/gore content and their suitability for a Christian audience. A slightly odd way of reviewing books, but some of their stuff is amusing (on WoT: "This series will be concluded shortly after the author's death.") No Martin reviews though. Guess the reviewer fainted at the first incest/child defenestration scene.

So...the bad guys are really called Darken Rahl and Mord Sith? :D The best thing about Goodkind's "I don't write fantasy"-approach is that he injects new, original thoughts into the genre

And there is an epic S&M-scene in WFR which is totally irrelevant to the plot?

Goodkind is almost ascending into mythical status now.

Archived