News from the insane world of Terry Goodkind

Werthead

depends what board is in question doesnt it? I didnt see anybody bashing my goodkind forum so i dont see why folks cant talk about it. :) it would be like people not being able to mention things found on the WOT or MalazanEmpire forums.

I really think it would be a good idea if interested parties kept your forum to that forum.

a really good idea. :|

<I'll see you there ;)>

Sologdin's really getting into his sheep now. :sick:

It was kind of cathartic, posting there. I don't even hate Goodkind! (Hey, I rated Wizard's First Rule at 3/10 - it could have been worse)

My confession is...I didn't know what Objectivism was until I looked it up today. Stranger is right - maybe Goodkind did win that round. :P

Stranger is right... :cry:

:)

ditto what Stranger said.

:P

Stranger is right -

:drool:

sorry, I normally contribute to the political threads, so I don't get to hear this stuff very often. :D

time for a cigarette.

I thought libertarianism referred to social liberalism, meaning that the government didn't intervene in anything. What you seem to be defining is neo-liberalism, while liberals are progressive. Perhaps it's all just a matter of terminology, and Goodkind would be far better described as a neo-conservative. Or perhaps a facist, except I think he would object to that on the grounds that facism is far too collectivist for him.

Libertarianism refers to social liberalism, but also to what is economically "conservative." Libertarinas often have a lot in common with neo-conservatives, but the term "conservative" is really a bit of a misnomer when applied to them, because they do believe in social autonomy.

I've not heard the term "neo-liberalism" used before, but I am confident that my description of libertarianism is fairly correct-- I've discussed the issue with a number of libertarians over the years. ;)

A good way to get an idea of how these terms fit together is this quiz:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

neoliberalism is just a term used in the US to describe the recent renaissance of classical liberalism. i.e., it is substantially similar to libertarianism, except it's main foci have been deregulation of domestic economics, and the proliferation of structural adjustment programs internationally. NB: this proliferation is much more dire than nuclear proliferation. it's godawful stuff; one'd think they'd've learned a lesson about unregulated economies during the global crisis of the 1930s. cappies never learn, sadly.

just would like to be clear on the rules.

is it ok to talk about a board that is for discussing another author as long as people here are not bashing said board?

But of course.

The rule is simple: do unto others as you would have them do unto us.

mormont, thanks for dealing with us so laid-back-like.

Our idea was awesome, it ain't dead, but this is not the board to pursue it on.

No, I'm not a kiss-ass/brown-noser et al--I just enjoy this board too much to

A) be held accountable for luring Goodkind madmen into our otherwise wholesome brood :rofl:

B) get dested preemptively for the same.

C) stop proclaiming from the rooftops that Goodkind still sucks, and even if this isn't the proper venue for said war, be aware, You Goatteed Ayn-Rand-Hucking-Hack: It Ain't Over.

C.a.) subtle like...:leaving:

I've never even read a single word of Goodkind (thanks to you, I never will, but that's irrelevant). I don't think he's even translated to Serbian or can be purchased over here.

You could rectify that by reading Mme's thread elsewhere on the forum where there's some good mocking of some excerpts of Goodkind's writing. I've not read any books of his either, so I've nothing really against him, but the writing in the excerpts posted is pretty poor.

I think I've erased WFR from my mind. I don't remember anything about the sand. I actually remember little from the book save the whiff of pungent cheese whenever I opened it.

I think you all are Batshit Insane.

Which is good cause then I ain't alone.

Start posting on the Goodkind board with the forum link in your signature.

I think I got banned cause I went into mystars daily quote of knowledge or some crap and posted.

My quote of the Day, Don't listen to anything anyone called mystar posts.

Did you see the pictures of Terry and his Wife at her house with "her brother the spook who just got back from Iraq (hmm wonder what he was doing there ;) )"

I was laughing so hard near damm pissed myself.

(struggling to control self)

Erm, on the proper forum about that guy that that other funny forum is about, someone proclaimed that Amazon wasn't a 'proper' bookshop as they couldn't walk into it and pick up the latest Goodkind masterpiece, thus invalidating Amazon as a seller of books, even though Amazon sells Goodkind books.

(weeps for these people's children)

Perhaps we need a 'serious' anti-Goodkind forum (as well as the fake Goodkind-loving forum) to discuss such matters without imperilling the Westeros Forum's neutrality policy?

Oh, and the hits keep on rollin' on! I thought I'd Google for "Terry Goodkind Sucks" (in hopes of finding a parody site similar to the Jordan Sucks one) and lo and behold! I see this discussion over at Asimov's. Just read through the bits and see that there is a third Goodkind site that basically mirrors the .com and .net ones for its 'objective' praise of the dude. Ah...fresh meat?

"Damn, that isn't a fansite.... that is the worst TG site I have ever been to! That is even worse than FE! Man, if they wanted to offend Terry, they have a damn good chance at doing so with that site."

how perceptive ;-)

"Damn, that isn't a fansite.... that is the worst TG site I have ever been to! That is even worse than FE! Man, if they wanted to offend Terry, they have a damn good chance at doing so with that site."

Holy shit that forum is hilarious. Those people are vicious in their humor.

Archived