Dragon Age

Werthead

Just watched the video. Very Baldur's Gate-like in appearance, with KotOR-like fighting animations. Also like in KotOR, party members who died during a fight are resurrected once you've won that particular fight.

Oh, and the ogre's death animation had a decent amount of blood. :D

[quote name='Shryke' post='1444384' date='Jul 17 2008, 16.49']A while. It's high quality.

[url="http://www.shackvideo.com/?id=12576"]Here's a streaming copy.[/url][/quote]
Heh. As soon as it started playing, Apple decided to crash Firefox by insisting I update Quicktime. Grrrr.

[quote name='Zelgrath' post='1444482' date='Jul 17 2008, 18.38']It only took me 20 seconds to download it. There must be something wrong with your internet. Or it could be my schools internet connection. 8 megs a second.[/quote]
Oh, I got it dl'ed, once I updated Quicktime. I don't have VLC here at Uni, so I'll watch it again later.

From what I could tell, it looks like fairly good gameplay design. I really hope your characters don't always die as often as they appeared to in this demo... :|

[quote name='Intercept' post='1445227' date='Jul 18 2008, 05.35']Anyone else think the guy in blonde hair and golden armor looked suspiciously like Jaime?[/quote]
:idea:

Might be that's why I immediately didn't like him...

[quote name='zakalwe7']Now that looks very nice. Any word on the modding possibilities?[/quote]

I guess depending on how well they do in selling downloadable content for Mass Effect (provided that ever gets off the ground), Bioware won't be encouraging modding for DA. And it's definitely not marketed as the new Neverwinter Nights but as a single player (only?) game.

[quote name='Jon AS' post='1445313' date='Jul 18 2008, 01.38']Bioware won't be encouraging modding for DA. And it's definitely not marketed as the new Neverwinter Nights but as a single player (only?) game.[/quote]
The game is single player only, but they are encouraging modding. They've been kind of strange about the toolset -- on the one hand, it has been talked about as part of the game, but on the other, they've hinted that it might not be what one expects.

[quote name='Altherion']The game is single player only, but they are encouraging modding. They've been kind of strange about the toolset -- on the one hand, it has been talked about as part of the game, but on the other, they've hinted that it might not be what one expects.[/quote]

Maybe they don't know themselves yet just what they are going to release? Anyway, it's nice to know they are releasing something to help modders.

[i]Dragon Age[/i][b] [/b]is [url="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193020&site=cvg"]going to be released [/url]on consoles.

There's also more about the game's party system [url="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=192837&site=cvg"]here[/url].

Archived