Yet another NYC meet

[quote name='Ser Sean' post='1464929' date='Aug 1 2008, 11.55']Bellis, we can meet earlyish if you want to come.[/quote]I could do early too. I'm planning on just wandering around aimlessly and getting lost Friday day time anyway. :)

I'll see what that weekend looks like for me. There are non-boarders in NYC I've been meaning to meet up with at some point and who I might be able to stay with Friday night, but I've been traveling a lot lately and might feel guilted into staying home and working that weekend instead. I'll let you know at the date approaches.

[quote name='Isis' post='1463415' date='Jul 31 2008, 03.17']How can we tempt you further? Hmm? [s]I promise I will not stoop to Danish pastries.[/s][/quote]

I [i]am[/i] easily tempted. You already know I have no willpower, lol. :leer:

But we need to convince Fen that it's a perfectly reasonable plan, [i]and [/i]see if there' s any spare change hidden under the couch cushions... :(

[quote name='Regina' post='1465610' date='Aug 1 2008, 15.14'][i]and [/i]see if there' s any spare change hidden under the couch cushions...[/quote]
What do you need spare change for? All the tolls between you and Brooklyn take EasyPass. :P

(Of course, there's no guarantee you have EasyPass, now that I think of it....)

[quote name='Mr. X' post='1465671' date='Aug 1 2008, 13.05']What do you need spare change for? All the tolls between you and Brooklyn take EasyPass. :P

(Of course, there's no guarantee you have EasyPass, now that I think of it....)[/quote]

EZ-Pass, man, EZ-Pass.

Anyhow, I'll be at this, assuming it's happening sometime post-6:30 (get outta work, take the train in, etc.)

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1466127' date='Aug 2 2008, 00.14']EZ-Pass, man, EZ-Pass.

Anyhow, I'll be at this, assuming it's happening sometime post-6:30 (get outta work, take the train in, etc.)[/quote]
Oh yeah. Considering I only drive once every couple of months, I don't really pay much attention to the spelling.

And that's awesome you'll be getting to the meet!

[quote name='Ser Sean' post='1466304' date='Aug 2 2008, 10.33']Anyone have any ideas as to where we should meet?
I wouldn't mind trying an Irish bar/pub if any of ye know of a good one but any good bar will serve well enough. :cheers:[/quote]

I have a heavy bias toward mid-town, but Connolly's and The Perfect Pint are both pretty good. Just off Times Square.

For any decent bar in Manhattan you might need to send an advance recon team to secure a table or two on a Friday evening.

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1468501' date='Aug 5 2008, 05.16']OK, I'm definitely down this time, and we are definitely doing some motherfucking karaoke.[/quote]

Right with you and so will Chal be. Do you know any decent karaoke places in New York?

[quote name='Ser Sean' post='1468647' date='Aug 5 2008, 05.26']Right with you and so will Chal be. Do you know any decent karaoke places in New York?[/quote]

Many good karaoke places -- I can look into pricing when we get back. (most of the places have private rooms of varying sizes, which is good for those serious about their karaoke -- no having to share with the other useless shits in the bar)

I'd be up for karaoke, as long as everyone is ok with my being really awful at it. I don't know any karaoke places, though. Once again, I leave it in the capable hands of the X Crew.

[quote name='nazfyratu' post='1468744' date='Aug 5 2008, 08.18']I'd be up for karaoke, as long as everyone is ok with my being really awful at it. I don't know any karaoke places, though. Once again, I leave it in the capable hands of the X Crew.[/quote]

*ha*

All the ones I've been to are in Koreatown (except for one in our nabe in Brooklyn, which while a fun time won't be good for a large crowd). I've been to Duet 35 at least 3 times in the last two years -- decent selection, including Iron Maiden and Dio (<--- which should make Yags very happy)

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1468747' date='Aug 5 2008, 08.22']*ha*

All the ones I've been to are in Koreatown (except for one in our nabe in Brooklyn, which while a fun time won't be good for a large crowd). I've been to Duet 35 at least 3 times in the last two years -- decent selection, including Iron Maiden and Dio (<--- which should make Yags very happy)[/quote]

I myself have been known to do a mean rendition of "Run to the Hills".

[quote name='nazfyratu' post='1468760' date='Aug 5 2008, 08.40']Btw, Duet charges $8 per person per hour for Friday nights. Looks like a great place; I'm up for it. There's a Duet48 as well.[/quote]

I am going to call them today and see about reserving one of the smaller rooms for Friday evening (maybe 8/9pm-11pm/12am or something?)

I'd rather we went to the one on 35th, which is very near to Herald Square, rather than 48th, which is lost in that nebulous, subway-free land of East Midtown.

I know you guys are used to good train travel, so hows about a jaunt down to good ol' New England, more appropriately, MA proper?

You know you wanna.

(Alas, I bet you guys don't even have intrawebz now, and will miss this message until you're in England Proper.)

Shit. Totally Mya here.

Archived