Yet another NYC meet

Hi all!
Touched on this in Sophelia's thread.
Myself, Silanah and Isis are all in New York after Worldcon and were wondering if any New Yorkers fancied meeting for a beer or 20 on the 15th August?

No real plans yet, so will welcome any suggestions as to where is good to meet.

Hope to see some of ya there! :cheers:

Friday is the 15th, but sure, I'm down with drinks on Friday. Day before my birthday, too. (and Sean, I think we should all repair to the local Tottenham supporters bar on Saturday for the first match of the season -- provided we can get up that early).

ETA: just double-checked the dates -- the 16th is that Saturday. It's also a full moon that night. :wideeyed:

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1458574' date='Jul 28 2008, 02.58']Friday is the 15th, but sure, I'm down with drinks on Friday. Day before my birthday, too. (and Sean, I think we should all repair to the local Tottenham supporters bar on Saturday for the first match of the season -- provided we can get up that early).[/quote]That would be cool. Not that I am a Spurs fan. Obviously. I would just be interested to see what it was like.

When do you two arrive, Seany? I get in on Thursday evening. I'm supposed to be meeting an old school mate at some point in the daytime on Friday but I have no definite plans beyond that.

[quote name='Chaldanya' post='1458829' date='Jul 28 2008, 07.05']We fly to NYC straight from Denver. We get in on the Monday around 2100 hours iirc!

N[/quote]
Which airport? I can likely pick you up.

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1458574' date='Jul 28 2008, 02.58']Friday is the 15th, but sure, I'm down with drinks on Friday. Day before my birthday, too. (and Sean, I think we should all repair to the local Tottenham supporters bar on Saturday for the first match of the season -- provided we can get up that early).

ETA: just double-checked the dates -- the 16th is that Saturday. It's also a full moon that night. :wideeyed:[/quote]

All sounds good to me! :cheers:

[quote]Which airport? I can likely pick you up.[/quote]

Really couldn't drag you out at that time mate, we'll grab a cab. Thanks for the offer though! :love:

One of these days we need to make the drive (or find an affordable train/bus/hovercar rental) for one of these NYC meets. I would [i]love[/i] to be there for this!

*is tempted*

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1464653' date='Jul 31 2008, 21.39']These two NY meets have been tantalizing me all week ...[/quote]
You should let that tantalization lead to action.

[quote name='Balefont' post='1464711' date='Jul 31 2008, 22.43']We're not yet sure if we can make it down but we're definitely giving it consideration. :thumbsup:[/quote]
Sweet! :cheers:

(Unfortunately, the oaked 120 Minute will be long gone by then.)

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1464653' date='Aug 1 2008, 02.39']These two NY meets have been tantalizing me all week ...[/quote]Well, make sure you pick the right one. Although it would probably be fairer to do both. :)

Archived