College Football

Gold Storm

Thanks everyone, this win is so incredibly exciting, words cannot even begin to describe. I'm so glad that I'll back in America in time to see the International Bowl in person, which is surprising late considering its lower status (Jan. 3rd).

[quote]ya'll looked great last night. i'm hearing gill's name tossed around down here in auburn as a candidate for the head coaching position.[/quote]

I've seen that too, and if that happens then I guess I'm gonna have to start rooting for Auburn, just like whichever team drafts Drew Willy to compete for the backup spot or be a 3rd stringer is gonna get a little bit of lovin' as well. I do wish Gill the best of luck if he does go elsewhere, even Syracuse.

But after seeing Gill's interview after the game and the emotion in his voice, I'm not so sure he'll be going anywhere for a couple more years. He'd done wonders with our seniors and juniors, especially Willy, but they aren't his recruits, and I think (ok hope) he'd stay at least another year to try to coach them to a victory.

At the very least there is the practical side which is that the more established he gets here, the more leverage (in my mind) he'd have at major school if no one could accuse him of having 2 fluke-ish years at Buffalo.

Besides we could try our own hand at an undefeated season, and unlike Ball State it would be a more legitimate one. Because we always play at least 2 top teams each year on their turf to make some extra money (though with actual local excitement now I wonder if we'll start to get boosters of our own?), and so if we ever did go undefeated it would mean that we had beaten some real contenders.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1611162' date='Dec 6 2008, 11.21']Congrats Fez! Good Luck in the bowl game :cheers:

I'm pretty curious where Tuberville is headed.[/quote]

Isn't he staying at Auburn as an [s]"assistant to the president"[/s]distraction?

If Gil were to leave Buffalo, I'd like to see him at Syracuse. He might be the guy to drag that program back. I think Syracuse is a deceptively good job, under the right leadership I wouldnt be surprised to see them consitently hanging around the top 25 again.

[quote name='S John' post='1611241' date='Dec 6 2008, 15.45']I picked Alabama as well, so far so good.[/quote]

Making Alabama a ten point underdog when they are undefeated and number 1 is total disrespect, and it's going to piss off and motivate those players. You can already see it playing out.

[quote name='Commodore' post='1611244' date='Dec 6 2008, 16.46']Making Alabama a ten point underdog when they are undefeated and number 1 is total disrespect, and it's going to piss off and motivate those players. You can already see it playing out.[/quote]

Yup, been a lot of talk about Florida the past few weeks and Bama has really been under the radar. And, like him or hate him, Saban knows his shit and isnt going to roll over even if he is out-gunned.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1611354' date='Dec 6 2008, 16.20']The announcers kept talking about Tebow's skills the last 5 minutes, and all credit to him for playing a great game, but this game was won by the Florida defensive line.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree, the pressure on Bama's QB was extremely strong for most of the game.

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1611346' date='Dec 6 2008, 19.11']Well, in direct contradiction of the two guys above me (:P) Florida has just put the dagger in. 2:50 left, and an 11-point lead.[/quote]

Heh, missed by it by a point. I didnt need Bama to win, just score one more time. Ah, well.

Fuckin' USC is looking like theyre not gonna cover either.

[quote name='Eponine' post='1611367' date='Dec 6 2008, 19.33']I hope we don't have to play Cincinnati, even though we probably will.[/quote]

Considering who else is going to be in the BCS games, Cincinatti looks like our best chance to win.

Anyway, I'm not suprised VT won. I'm very suprised how convincing we made it. Our offense managed to finish in the red zone, put up yards and made respectable drives for most of the game. We've been learning from our mistakes all season, I think it will be good to learn from a success going into the bowl game.Still, thats a few weeks from now and the team that shows up in the bowl isn't always the one that finished the season.

[quote name='Lukkake' post='1611414' date='Dec 6 2008, 21.03']Considering who else is going to be in the BCS games, Cincinatti looks like our best chance to win.

Anyway, I'm not suprised VT won. I'm very suprised how convincing we made it. Our offense managed to finish in the red zone, put up yards and made respectable drives for most of the game. We've been learning from our mistakes all season, I think it will be good to learn from a success going into the bowl game.Still, thats a few weeks from now and the team that shows up in the bowl isn't always the one that finished the season.[/quote]

It might be our best chance to win, but it's totally boring. I wouldn't travel to watch us play Cinci.

Archived