It's back! The Terry Goodkind mauling thread.

Mme Erzulie

I just can't get it through my thick head that Richard is perfect and everything he does is the only moral thing to do, up to and including killing children and hippies, and permitting gang-rape as a form of punishment for opposing him. I'm so stupid. :(

You have to understand that gang-raping and mass killings are the best things democracy has to offer.

And everyone knows hippies are against democracy.

I'm reading Reaper's Gale, and I'm detecting hints of what Goodkind does, except, you know, done with skill, purpose and tact. It's very refreshing, though I believe my moral celery is suffering.

Have you got to the evil chickens yet?

Have you got to the evil chickens yet?

I did have chicken for lunch yesterday. There was wasabi paste involved, which is less evil than painful.

I'll answer 'yes'.

Hold on, you're talking about the book. No evil chickens, though there are some sort of evil tiny lizards, and chickes did evolve from lizards. Though the line between good and evil is very blurry with Erikson. But given Erikson's obsession with evolution, it has to be deliberate.

So, sqrt(yes * 2/1.6)

What?

Looking over the whole SoT thread where Myshkin got banned...makes me think I should go and read Goodkind, so I can argue with them better.

*goes off to find 2nd hand Goodkind books*

I did this last week. And let me just say :sick: .

Are you saying lizards are animals of discord, too, WLU?

I'm saying that unless officially described as noble by our fearless yearder, all animals should be assumed discordant. After all, as free-thinking individuals, how can we be expected to know something unless Tairy tells us it is the Truth. Or builds a statue with said purpose.

So what I'm saying is, without a statue, we have nothing.

Ha! If Goodkind had written that, it would have taken 26 pages and you'd still all be confused.

• 1 year later...

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I love and adore GRRM, I despise and revolt against the idea of TG's existence.

All of you should be proud of this story:

I go to the U of O and was in the bookstore when I noticed a employee's favorites wall. I skimmed along seeing some interesting things, when I happened upon "Confessor." My initial reaction to either rip off the cover or toss it in the home-makeover section was quickly replaced with a more political and appropriate Fuck You Terry state of action. I went to the check out and asked to have the book removed from the favorites wall, asking them if they wished to have their credibility and the credibility of their employees in question. Of course as the kid removed it I noticed a woman looking at me disdainfully. Her middle years hippy look and tribute TG pony tail gave her away as the culprit, no doubt she loved the soppy garbage and mislead ideals of the story. A bigger smile was never smiled. Needless to say I checked a month later and it stayed off the wall.

I am intrigued that no one has mentioned this critique: Not only are all of his characters completely badass and one dimensional, but they are dumb as fucking rocks. "Oh wait guys Richard is always right and has never steered us in the wrong direction, and proved repeatedly that he uses this alien thing he calls "logic" to solve complex magical equations. Lets call in to question everything he says and then act like he just blew our mind when he does something overtly simple to figure a way out of a jam. Then we can jack him off for 20 pages after and revel in his glory"-every other gay character that is on Richards side in the story which by the end only three characters are antagonists (Karg, Ulicia and Jagang.)

P.S.-If that is really TG, isn't it a bit contradictory to completely sellout all of your shit book art for a second rate Hercules/Xena tv show?...yes.

Archived