NYC BWB Pre Con

I'm surprisingly confident that you'll be able to walk into the Gingerman on Tuesday, have a look around, and pick out the BWB contingent. I can't say just how you'll do it, only that you will do so.

I think so too. I only asked for something explicit so that we could all pretend that a group of fantasy geeks don't stick out like sore thumbs.

Actuaries play this game all the time, as if anyone needs any pointers to pick out a group of actuaries in a bar.

In that case, you can check out this thread (with links to pictures from last year's World Con, featuring a number of Bros who will be present Tuesday) and this post (which links to Inigima's Rogues Gallery, which is nothing but self-submitted photos of boarders).

ETA: Good to include actual links. :)

I won't be there after all. My meeting in Hoboken has been lengthened and I'm going to take a car home afterward. It reached the tipping point where it's too much effort to go back into the city. Just hang an empty suit on a broomstick and call it Iskaral.

I hope everyone has fun.

Xray and I should be there by 9. Our friend Steve, who is a fan of the books but not on the boards, may well be showing up as well. If you see a friendly looking guy with multiple piercings and wearing (most likely) a t-shirt for a metal band wandering around, that's probably him. So say hello and make him feel comfortable.

Xray says she'll break your kneecaps if you don't. :)

I won't be there after all.

:( Crap. Hopefully next time.

Ha! I can't believe it. I am going to beat both MG and Beniowa with the first Pre-Con report:

We went to a comedy club last night. We = me, LP, MG, Beniowa, Drac

We went to the Comedy Cellar. I'd never been to a comedy club before - it was pretty cool - it turns out you laugh a lot more and things are a lot more funny when people are around. We saw Colin Quinn, who is relatively famous.

The End

Archived