More World of Warcraft

Lyanna Stark

Re: Mods I try to keep it pretty simple. I used to use X-perl when I raided and there was one I used once upon a time called EasyRaid or something that I liked a lot cause all it did was take the basic Bliz raid UI status bars and let you set them up how you liked them so they would stay that way based on profiles, cause back then the Bliz raid UI would reset every time you joined a raid and had to lay it out again. EasyRaid had other subtle improvements like range indicators, etc. but it's been discontinued for a while now I think. I never messed with PitBull too much or all that Discord stuff that seemed very settings heavy.

Lately I just keep Grid and Clique for BGs, need my screen as clear as possible so I can see the rogues sodomizing me in full color. And started using Gatherer again just for a little help on my herb sweeps.

I think I messed around with a really involved setup once on my druid and then there was one of those patches that really changed certain things and I gave up and went back to being a minimalist.

Guest thebadlady

BAM!! The shammie just hit 80. I am rather fond of him and will consider him my main for a while at least. I even read EJ for ele - that shows you how dedicated I am! Ele is really goddamn fun - you have the FIRE of warlock eviiiil and the LIGHTINING!!! of awesomesauceness and totems are far less confusing and numerous than they used to be. And of course, itemization is easy as pie now that blizz made everything about sp and hit. And you can heal your badass self. And you can land, throw down an elemental totem to distract that elite, mine that titanium, ghost wolf and run like hell. LOVE IT! Maybe I am finally understanding this game of Warcraft? (nah, I know they dumbed it down like whoa). BUT OMGWTFBBQ? I did the lvl 80 training and it was FOUR HUNDRED GOLD. And oh, I have hex now. mwhahhahaa!

Have 8 pts left to level BS on my warrior and it nags and torments and taunts me. Ofc, the only things left to level on are all titansteel stuff. Will be making Q's destroyer and that will be a pt, but have to make more. I promised my son a destroyer if he helped level the warrior. Who am I kidding? I will make him one no matter what. :P Oh also, do I want to change my BS concentration? He is a hammersmith which seems pretty worthless atm. Googled a bit on how to change and was overwhelmed with no answers.

Was going to work on the lock til she ran out of rested, but feel an urge to play with the warrior.

William, can you tell me about fury/arms? I spec'd fury but his dps is pathetic. He also needs epic riding. I am so elitist that I won't ride a slow mount. :lol:

Revision: 8 pts, not 6 so my pain is 9 days greater. Also, and, started questing with the warrior and I Am Wrong In The Everything. 175dps!! Everything killed me! I just alt+tabbed from looking at my corpse and wondering where it all went wrong. WILL NOT try to level unless I can fix that. Checked out EJ and could only find simplistic (aka Ro understandable) threads on Arms, which seems to be the raiding spec, and not that hot for leveling. I mean, fuck this. Worst comes to worst, will level as prot (vomit) so I at least have better survivability. Actually have the gold and should dual spec...but not yet. Don't know if I can do this - may suck more than leveling a drood.

From what I've heard (die hard on Arms as my offspec), Arms trumps Fury on performance until mid-late Ulduar gear (and two good weapons). Friend just got a second good weapon and respec'd Fury, no idea how his performance is, or what the rotation is.

Lots of banging out heroics this weekend. Got the paladin his T8 chest, threw some epic gems in it, along with the pants I picked up in H-Trial, and it was a massive upgrade. Hit is perfect, AP, crit, haste all went up. Next project is a new hat, new belt, and possibly also new shoulders all at once.

Warrior picked up his T8 chest, and traded out his defense trinket for a second stamina trinket (from normal-mode Trial). That trinket is kind of scary; at first it makes you think you've been Hand of Protection'd. Exact same visual effect. Added a good 2,000 hp, and some armor, and the only bad news is that I have no buffer for new low-defense upgrades. But then, one of my rings, my weapon, and both my trinkets carry no defense at the moment. And I'd like to make room for the heroic-Trial ring, for even more effective health. But I need a few more upgrades first.

I did the lvl 80 training and it was FOUR HUNDRED GOLD.

I really hope your kidding, because I certainly don't feel like putting that much money into training spells...*sigh*. Have not touched my alts lately anyway, in fact, my server is in such a Heroic Farming Frenzy that I barely get my dailys done.

Also, has anyone else had this issue? Was in Ulduar 10 last night, and we had a number of new players in the raid, so we decided to go with only two towers up for FL, Storm and Frost. Only, every time we start the encounter Flame Leviathan gets a pretty nifty HP buff. It would toggle on and off during the encounter and basically just screwed everybody up. Nothing like the boss jumping up and down by 20 million health :-/. Needless to say the noobs got discouraged and we called off the raid until tonight, either way it was frustrating. We went back to make sure the Tower of life was down, blasted it a few more times for good measure, and FL stll got the health buff.

On the bright side, it was my first time in a chopper, which is definitely my favorite of the vehicles.

I really hope your kidding, because I certainly don't feel like putting that much money into training spells...*sigh*.

Nope. Shaman training is rough throughout. I think there's only a few levels where a Shaman doesn't have to buy like 7 or more spell upgrades and the big levels 60, 70, and 80 are harsh.

Back up to 35k Honor Points, shooting for either the mp5 helm or mp5 chest this time I think. I've got the meta and head enchant for the helm already but I think the chest would be a flat out bigger upgrade right now. I'll have a decision to make. Also got the haste/sp belt from WG tokens. It's big graphically, looks like a WWF/E belt. So with that +resil flask I'm at 301 resilience so far. Not great but better than 0. Got two of the crit/sp pieces, gonna get 3 of the mp5/sp pieces. That'll give two +50 resil set bonuses and I'm starting to hurt in the mp5 dept. when I swapped in that crit gear.

I've now seen two Isle of Conquest tactics that can result in an 8m victory and was in a 7 minute victory as well. The Alliance likes to zerg the Hangar so if the Horde doesn't go all out to take it first, which they usually won't as half of them seem to hit the Workshop regardless, then it's basically just a good way to get sent back to the base as you die at the first Hangar brawl. So another way we've been winning is to drive straight down the middle, with most of us hitting the Workshop and sticking together at the Alliance front gate and pounding away.

I think you Lame'dorai folks are in the same Emberstorm battlegroup, you should queue up and watch Grizak the Power Orc heal your pants off. You'll just be standing there in a chaotic melee, minding your own biznis and whatnot and suddenly...*WHOOSH* "Hey! Where'd my pants go? Damn that Shammy!" And don't bother talking to me other than to say "hi" cause I can't type when I'm owning health bars gangsta style.

Oh, I agree with that. It's stupid that in order to get tier pieces the best solution is to do 25 mans, 10 mans and 5 mans. I don't mind that heroics yield triumph, and i don't mind a bit that they can get T9 just from heroics - but it's really dumb to essentially require grinding in order to get tier pieces.

Guess that just makes the hard mode stuff that much more valuable to do, since it requires no grinding, just a class token.

Yus, I think you're quite correct there. I don't mind people being able to get gear from grinding the tokens, just that raiding should yield its own rewards. I'm just about fed up with the whole thing and have hardly logged on since the patch, just the 3 hours surrounding our one coliseum raid so far.

Apart from that, I dislike almost everything they introduced in the patch. More pointless grinding, a dull instance and then some more pointless grinding. Nothing FUN or interesting, just bleh. It feels the game is getting more and more tailored for the 14-18 year olds who come home from school, do all the dailies and instances and then level alts in the evening. If you don't have that sort of time, or cba, you're shit out of luck.

I'm loving the patch. I love the Argent Tournament events. I love having my squire. I love the jousting. I'm loving that I am gearing up a paladin now when everyone is interested in running heroics.

Up to 524 defense now, 25k hp unbuffed. Just a little ways to go!

My account expires August 28th.

Hey Ro, if you need a down payment in cash, let me know, will send it over. I pretty much don't need cash anymore besides gems/enchants for my DK... but I'm not bothering with that until I get purple shit. One or two naxx 10 mans will get me completely geared probably.

BTW Ro, if you are starting a new char, let me know. I wouldn't mind starting a dr00d. Although I'll only do it if I got someone to play with. If we get a 3rd person, may actually be fun, since I can powerlevel us a little, but not 1-80. If I have to powerlevel another toon, I'll probably just quit out of boredom.

Nope. Shaman training is rough throughout. I think there's only a few levels where a Shaman doesn't have to buy like 7 or more spell upgrades and the big levels 60, 70, and 80 are harsh.

*sigh* Levels 1 -72 didn't seem all that bad for me. I spent 100g at level 71, but I only spent 13g on level 72, and I never thought I was spending a ton of money. I already spent the money on Dual Speccing him though (not even my main has Dual Spec), so I won't give up now, but 400 g for one level sounds ridiculous. I've been spoiled as a rogue it seems.

I love the whole Coliseum feel too, it's much different from other raid areas, you've got the beasts tied down outside. I've seen Garrosh and Thrall walking around, it really feels like you're gearing up for something epic, however, I still don't feel that Arthas has been acting in any way that he should. He's been very "Comic Book Villain" this whole time. Especially in the troll area. "You killed one of my best men, I'll let you go so I can kill you later mwahahaha."

WTB better ex. pack boss.

I love the whole Coliseum feel too, it's much different from other raid areas, you've got the beasts tied down outside. I've seen Garrosh and Thrall walking around, it really feels like you're gearing up for something epic, however, I still don't feel that Arthas has been acting in any way that he should. He's been very "Comic Book Villain" this whole time. Especially in the troll area. "You killed one of my best men, I'll let you go so I can kill you later mwahahaha."

WTB better ex. pack boss.

Everybody has different taste, I guess. The one you described is probably my favorite Lich King appearance in Northrend precisely because it's so cheesy in its villainy. He's right there, and he could break you right then, but instead he's waiting to do it later, because he'll enjoy it more when you're stronger.

Second favorite Lich King appearance is only available in an Alliance quest. There's this one right outside of the main camp in Howling Fjord where you've got to go into the spirit world and have a vague "find something" quest objective in the little vrykul village outside of UK. The Lich King is totally chilling right there, so naturally I was drawn to him like a moth to the flame. I figured that was the quest objective before. You get close to him, there's this "The Lich King turns to face you" emote and then he freezes you in place and gives some val'kyr a speech about how your soul is "not ripe yet".

Then he kills you, and you belatedly realize that the Lich King standing there wasn't your quest objective after all.

Everybody has different taste, I guess. The one you described is probably my favorite Lich King appearance in Northrend precisely because it's so cheesy in its villainy. He's right there, and he could break you right then, but instead he's waiting to do it later, because he'll enjoy it more when you're stronger.

Second favorite Lich King appearance is only available in an Alliance quest. There's this one right outside of the main camp in Howling Fjord where you've got to go into the spirit world and have a vague "find something" quest objective in the little vrykul village outside of UK. The Lich King is totally chilling right there, so naturally I was drawn to him like a moth to the flame. I figured that was the quest objective before. You get close to him, there's this "The Lich King turns to face you" emote and then he freezes you in place and gives some val'kyr a speech about how your soul is "not ripe yet".

Then he kills you, and you belatedly realize that the Lich King standing there wasn't your quest objective after all.

I may role an ally one day just to experience that! Or maybe I'll wait for faction change (blech).

I don't dislike Arthas, I just feel like he hasn't been given the presence he deserves. Whenever I run into the Lich King I don't worry if my toon will die, I just sit down and listen to the speech, I want to be nervous when he comes around. Not just curious.

Guest thebadlady

Q, I am good on gold and have been farming like mad when I was leveling Rick. I have the stuff, now its just a matter of making the titansteel. I kick myself for not starting earlier. Thinking of starting a hunter for the skin/LW. Hunters are easymode to be crap at. :P

Moose - it may have been even more - I was just watching the gold drop and drop. I think part of it was being dual spec'd. Which was actually somewhat irritating - I was able to train most things, but there were a few spells in red (I always have show unavail selected), and I couldn't train until I activated the other spec.

The variety in WoW is one of my favorite things about it. You can hardcore raid, make gold, craft, RP, veg in /trade, and a bunch of other things I can't think of on the top of my head. It does make for a long lasting addiction though. :lol:

Yeah, that happened to me too. I was like, "Yeah right, hi Arthas, real scared" and then bam, dead. And then I realized uh... talking to him was not part of my quest.

Baby pally just scored herself a bronze drake. Husband is now very jealous and wants to reactivate.

Guest thebadlady

I am amazingly dumb. 175 dps happens when you have no talent pts, amirite? *sigh* Went and got my dual spec for the warrior, clicked on I want to respec and it said no need you tool, you don't have any. I blinked.

Another bitch with dual spec - its really easy to fuck up your glyphs. The page seems to switch when you go back and forth. Wasted a lot of gold getting the shammie's stuff sorted out. At least now I know to be wary.

Anyway, happy day, Timmet isn't as Bad as I was dreading.

SPOILERS, I guess. Too stupid to make spoiler text, so ignore the rest if you want surprises.

Ohh, did you see: http://www.wow.com/2009/08/10/cataclysm-races-leaked/ ???

WoW.com has learned through multiple sources close to the situation some details on the next expansion, to be called World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

As we're getting into the season of news and information, all major leaks and spoilers will be happening after the break. If you don't want your surprises ruined for you, don't read this post. If you want to know, click after the break and enjoy. This policy worked well for us during the testing phase of Wrath of the Lich King and we're pleased to continue it now.

After the break, the new playable races of Cataclysm.

Our sources have told us that the new races of Cataclysm will be:

Worgen – Alliance

Goblin – Horde

Deeply dissapointed. I can't believe Worgen is going to be Ally. Looks like I will be creating my first serious ally. :/ And goblin? WTF? Those assholes are for punting, like overlarge boogers. Tho maybe if one of their racials is +32 gold making I will make one for a bank alt. :P

Looks like I will be creating my first serious ally.

Ditto, although, my girlfriend has a (level 4) Dranei shaman, if I can convince her to play more it'll be worth my time to level a worgen rogue/warrior/(druid!?).

I may make a Goblin DK, I'm the type who needs on of eery race and at the moment I have 3 trolls, so I can replace one.

Still, I'm not holding my breathe. The WoW.com bit seems a mite sketchy, I know there has been speculation on this for a long time, but I'll wait till Blizzcon for the official information.

Personally, the only real announcement I want : Bat mounts!

I've been wanting to fly a bat since I started playing in 05 and I will be so disappointed if I never get myself a flying bat.

Personally, the only real announcement I want : Bat mounts!

I've been wanting to fly a bat since I started playing in 05 and I will be so disappointed if I never get myself a flying bat.

Bats would have fit quite well for trolls (i.e. WC3 troll batriders).

That said, I'm not exactly enthusiastic about these possible new races. They seem kind of stale and like weak effort on Blizzard's part. Goblins have always had exceptionally close ties to the Horde, but it is as if Blizzard is backing off from their commitment of keeping goblins apart from the Horde. And the worgen is going to be great for all the closet furry-cases (like Ro), but it it feels like an incredibly cheap move by Blizzard.

Bats would have fit quite well for trolls (i.e. WC3 troll batriders).

Main is a troll :thumbsup: .

Personally, even though I like them, I think Space Goats and Belf were bad ideas. I was perfectly happy with the look and shape of both sides pre-bc. I like Horde as rough, rugged survivalists. Now we have "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me." /flip Happening in every raid.

If they had given Undead paladin and dwarves shaman I would not have blinked. If I never see another race and/or "hero" class again I'll be fine. Now however you have cries for "Archdruid!" (how is this different from a regular druid?) and cries for "High Elves on Alliance" (these are 'the same' as blood elves sans addiction and green eyes). I wish they just stuck with lore and content.

Yeah this is pretty lame. They should have gone with Alliance pandas, and horde wargon. Goblin is completely retarded. I guess they want to even out factions once again?

Although if they implement faction switching, that would be totally awesome. I may have to level up my NE rog and NE druid.

Main is a troll :thumbsup: .

Personally, even though I like them, I think Space Goats and Belf were bad ideas. I was perfectly happy with the look and shape of both sides pre-bc. I like Horde as rough, rugged survivalists. Now we have "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me." /flip Happening in every raid.

Space goats were a bad idea. Belfs were inevitable. For this, I would have preferred Furbolg for Alliance and some other race of Horde.

Archived