More World of Warcraft

Lyanna Stark

I missed teabagging Ds tonight. I was still on standby, sadly.

There was a WAITING LIST for that???

man, thankfully I don't pay attention too much in there...

we did complete the toughest bosses at least - avoiding the slow moving green globs, avoiding Fall Boss and moving in a line to avoid the large explosions of timed poison. We came, what, two people from Safety Dance? Wished I'd had my pally in there for some of the drops...but he's on another server...and human. For the time being at least.

Oh, Stegho, you're a bad influence on Leighana. Gotta hot mic her or something so you can hear her...you'd be proud :)

Pretty good night all told. Got up to FL+2, and managed to trigger hard mode Deconstructor. Unfortunately, while we seemed to be managing the hard mode mechanics just fine, we didn't have enough dps on the boss. So he berserked at about 25%. Going to put off trying him again for at least a week to get some upgrades.

Picked up Valorous Siegebreaker Pauldrons, dps'd on Hodir, and ended up skipping Freya this week; unfortunately, one of our healers had to go at 10:30. Which led to a rather short raid. But we banged out a quick vault at the end, then nabbed a few to do vault again on alts. Which was amusing due to repeated tank failure as we switched around to get people who could do it:

- We started with the DK alt of our big rogue, and a warrior friend of his, tanking. DK failed to get all the adds, healer death, wipe.

- Then we swap their roles, and the warrior fails to get all the adds. Once again, healer death and wipe.

- So now, we send the warrior back to Fury, and get the other DK, my girlfriend, who does not feel confident in her tanking ability, to take the adds. And there are no problems at all, aside from some brief confusion between me and the other healer as to who's healing who.

And a quick jaunt into ZG to try and get the rogue some mounts failed, but did pick up the second of the fist weapon set for my girlfriend's rogue. Tried to hit Kara for Attumen's mount but that instance refused to launch.

Looks like the agenda is VoA25 and maybe some OS25 for the paladin too.

Oh, and got enough EoV to get the DK some bracers.

Hit revered with the Argent Dawn and got the Elements pants off the Baron. I may have to do some of the 0.5 quests to get that Loremaster done so I'm keeping stuff like that just in case. I messed up by not doing that Call to Command from Blightcaller, that has you go talk to Varimathras, BEFORE doing Wrathgate.

I thought about hitting ZG to try for those mounts but haven't gotten there yet. Also need to pick up that fishing quest thingie in there so I can fish up that optional boss for that fishing achievement.

Just got to revered with the Oracles so the egg hatching has begun. A couple days from epic fishing pole status with the tuskarr.

Making some modest cash off the Strat runs. Wish I was an enchanter.

Can you actually get the Loremaster achievement after you've done the Wrathgate? (That is, if you didn't do all the quests involving Varimathras etc.) It seems virtually impossible.

I changed my professions from tailoring/herb to tailoring/JC. So far it is really disappointing. I always get really excited about new professions, but JC feels meh. Sure, 27 int gems are nice, but overall, it feels really, really slow to level once you hit 430 and just...uninspiring. Wish I had picked inscription instead.

Can you actually get the Loremaster achievement after you've done the Wrathgate? (That is, if you didn't do all the quests involving Varimathras etc.) It seems virtually impossible.

I'm not even sure. I'm 99 quests from Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms I think, and without Varibadass I'm missing out on the crimson courier stuff which is like 5 quests alone, and whatever else he gave, I can't remember if I did his other stuff while leveling. Still got a ways to.

A lot of the problems people run into with Loremaster is they try to do it continent by continent. There's too many run around quests that go back and forth that count to do it that way in my opinion. I'm doing it hub by hub, instance by instance.

Just in case anyone missed it, there's an issue with a malicious .exe getting through some of the ads on sites like Curse Gaming, etc. Person on my realm forum posted this:

For you Firefox users: forbid Quantserve.com in NoScript. For Internet Explorer, in Tools > Internet Options, click on the Security tab, then click the Restricted Sites icon, then click the Sites button, THEN type in quantserve.com and click the add button. Click OK then click OK and close Internet Explorer and reopen it.

Apparently, their site is the source of the virus. They're strictly an advertising site anyway, so there's no reason to ever allow them.

It's a recent thing so if you haven't downloaded any mods in a couple weeks you don't have anything to worry about.

So as I said, I took a break from leveling my 78 prot paladin in favor of leveling my Undead Unholy DK, which has been a blast. Although the DK class is somewhat op, you can definitely tell in the class design that Blizzard learned from some of the mistakes of past classes (that continues to haunt some of them) in order to create dynamic gameplay and a more well-cohesively designed class.

Guest thebadlady

Hit 76 on the shammie, who is going to be my 4th 80. LOVING elemental. Need to start making gold in a serious fashion since the next 2 scheduled 80-to-bes don't have epic flying.

Had a HORRIBLE 10Nax run - I have never played so poorly before, even when quite drunk and missed out finishing 25Nax. *sigh*

Got the Eastern Kingdom segment of the Loremaster stuff done with quests to spare thankfully. Think I finished it off doing either a ST quest or something in Badlands. Was about to start doing any Uldaman quests in desperation. *shudder*

Just solo'd Sethekk Halls for the SLab key. Probably one of the more challenging things I've run into solo lately. The packs with the mind control totem dropping asswashers can still MC you for little bits even while you're alone and the packs will start to reset then come back at you when the effect wears off.

Getting prepped for a Kara key run in case we try to farm Attumen's mount for shits & giggles. I thought about solo'ing SLab for a second, then remembered Vorpal (sp?) and decided to poke myself in the eyes instead.

In the final stretch. Finished my last math test today, clean slate till the 31st then I'll be knee deep in homework again.

Need some 3.2 up in heeyah.

P.S. I watched Step Brothers. Prepare for random quotes.

Patch is confirmed for today. "Looking forward" to an evening of mayhem as people run around trying to figue everything out. I expect massive outlays of gold for new epic gems.

Patch is confirmed for today. "Looking forward" to an evening of mayhem as people run around trying to figue everything out. I expect massive outlays of gold for new epic gems.

Yeah and person after person logging in and asking the same questions over and over that could have been answered if they had read the patch notes instead of struggling with their scratch and sniff stickers.

"Hai guys! What's happenin'? Um...what's this I hear about some sort of patch? I mean, I just downloaded something but I can't be sure what it was as I just closed any documentation that popped up instead of reading it cause reading causes kidney stones."

P.S. "I saw your testicles on my drum set!"

Retadins got our burst nerfed, but our sustained, in theory, has gone up (after level 62? 64?). However, this is going to hurt like hell on target-switching fights and mobs that die quickly. In other words, we should see an increase on raid bosses (as long as we don't have substantial time off target), and performance will be poor on trash, most likely.

And now we will do the Additional instances cannot be launched. Try again later. dance.

Sure, the game will be constructed almost entirely of heroic groups. With 5-10 minute waits to get into an instance.

And now we will do the Additional instances cannot be launched. Try again later. dance.

Sure, the game will be constructed almost entirely of heroic groups. With 5-10 minute waits to get into an instance.

Yep - with the change to Conquest, I plan on running them just like I did when we dinged 80 - whatever the dailies are and 4-5 more. Especially since CoS & VH can be done in ridiculously short amounts of time. For my DK it's going to be more important since the pally has decent gear across, while the DK has some ilvl 146 stuff still on.

Yeah, Mandy...that 10 man dance was just...awful. :( not having anyone that was cleansing didn't help at all.

ETA: wow...taking the two prior downloads really helped, patch downloaded in less than 10 min. now just waiting for realms to come up... /tap /tap /tap log in /tap /tap /tap log in /tap /tap /tap

Retadins got our burst nerfed, but our sustained, in theory, has gone up (after level 62? 64?). However, this is going to hurt like hell on target-switching fights and mobs that die quickly. In other words, we should see an increase on raid bosses (as long as we don't have substantial time off target), and performance will be poor on trash, most likely.

Hah, ret paladins need no help on bosses. Our top melee in Ukduar 25 is a ret pala if we have one in the raid, end off. Our DPS warriors, rogues and DKs just can't compete with a well geared, well played ret pala.

Also, ret palas outheal all the other healers on Vezax, it is that sick. Anyways, JoL is getting a well needed nerf.

As for 3.2, I can't believe Blizzard aren't giving us more warning. What a bunch of idiots. Ugh.

On the other hand, they needed to add something else than Ulduar since people are bored to tears of it now. And tbh, the raid instances in WotlK are just so much more boring than the TBC ones. I don't know why, but they're just dull.

On the other hand, they've already proved they are idiots with adding the gear inflation, so people with loads of time on their hands will be better geared than dedicated raiders with an organised group. I can raid 3 evenings a week, but I can't grind 8 heroics every day and get a million badges since I actually have a job and a life.

But isn't it only 2 pieces that are up for badges? I thought some pieces are still drop only?

It all just goes back into why I was sick of raiding by the time BC came out. You bust your ass while listening to some socially retarded Gamestop employee with a superiority complex screaming at 39 other people to loot the fucking hounds while slowly coming to the realization that he probably wears a helmet in real life only to have all of it obsoleted in a single patch while 15 year olds mimic their big brothers with cries of "welcome to the world of MMOs lol."

Do what you enjoy, let the rest sort themselves out.

I'll never make the mental and time commitment to be a dedicated raider for any of those dumbass motherfuckers ever again. I wasted a lot of time helping undeserving people get shit that ended up being overwritten or given out for less. And all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Now *I'm* the boss. Until GoN signs on.

Just re-read through the patch notes; I had seen something before that said that prismatic quality of the dragon's eye gems was not being changed and I'm not seeing it in the notes that it was changed. Did I miss it somewhere or are they still prismatic?

Yep - with the change to Conquest, I plan on running them just like I did when we dinged 80 - whatever the dailies are and 4-5 more. Especially since CoS & VH can be done in ridiculously short amounts of time. For my DK it's going to be more important since the pally has decent gear across, while the DK has some ilvl 146 stuff still on.

Yeah, Mandy...that 10 man dance was just...awful. :( not having anyone that was cleansing didn't help at all.

ETA: wow...taking the two prior downloads really helped, patch downloaded in less than 10 min. now just waiting for realms to come up... /tap /tap /tap log in /tap /tap /tap log in /tap /tap /tap

I'd be doing more, but I sort of want to maximize my EoT gains, which means doing the normal and heroic daily every day on 2-3 characters. (And tonight I have 2.5 hours total... if I can get it patched before I get home.) Seems the Mac patch is having issues but I think I found a workaround and will know fairly shortly from my roommate.

Tomorrow will probably be the day I spend half the work day trying to work out priority lists for EoT purchases. Really my biggest current worry is the additional instances dance.

Just re-read through the patch notes; I had seen something before that said that prismatic quality of the dragon's eye gems was not being changed and I'm not seeing it in the notes that it was changed. Did I miss it somewhere or are they still prismatic?

ptr.wowhead shows them as not prismatic. That's all I know for sure though. I was sloppy on gemming my tank gear, so I think I'll only lose one socket bonus.

Archived