More World of Warcraft

Lyanna Stark

That sucks.

Also ran Old Kingdom on my DK last night, and had a good night of tanking. A lot more exciting than 111122111111111121111111112 all night. Had an awesome pull down at the 2nd to last boss where I pulled a set of roamers, they died, so I chain pulled a pack of 4 mobs, but rog got too close to another 4, so there were 8 total. Basically it was me and the priest there battling it out for 30 seconds... with like 3 mobs left and all under 1/3 life until priest ran outta mana. Was one of those "damn being a tank is awesome" moments.

Trying to develop good habits though, like automatically turning bosses away from other peeps, using all my CDs regularly, making sure I pull with ice, then DG the casters that tend to cast , and strangle the others so everyone keeps agro. I also ended up being highest DPS at 1100 dps. My biggest problem is keeping my diseases up, since I'm so use to DPSing where all the shit dies so fast on non-elites I never need to start my main rotation over.

Dear Blizzard,

Please fix your goddamn authenticator. And wake up more mobs so we don't get the "additional instances can't be launched" message again; for god sakes, Bards Tale II at least TOLD us that they were waking up the monsters and that was 25 years ago.

Thanks,

Another $30 montly contributor

I need some plate shit made for my tank DK. Not sure who wants to make it (I think Gray volenteered), or can, but I probably need:

1 - Daunting Legplates (14 sar, eternal earth)

2 - Titansteel Destroyer (8 sar, 8 titan, 2 froz)

3 - Tempered Titansteel Helm (4s, 4t, 1 orb)

Not sure if I should buy the bars and shit, or just wait for my miner to get to L80 and go mine shit (probably won't until 3.2 drops and I buy epic flying). #1 hopefully can get soon, since it should be under 50g, rest is just paying for titansteel really, but 1.5k or so.

Couple other items potentially (not sure what you guys think)

- Icebane chestguard

- icebane girdle

I need some plate shit made for my tank DK. Not sure who wants to make it (I think Gray volenteered), or can, but I probably need:

1 - Daunting Legplates (14 sar, eternal earth)

2 - Titansteel Destroyer (8 sar, 8 titan, 2 froz)

3 - Tempered Titansteel Helm (4s, 4t, 1 orb)

Not sure if I should buy the bars and shit, or just wait for my miner to get to L80 and go mine shit (probably won't until 3.2 drops and I buy epic flying). #1 hopefully can get soon, since it should be under 50g, rest is just paying for titansteel really, but 1.5k or so.

If I can ever log in again I can make the pants straight away; Week made the helm and Destroyer for me and Leighana respectively.

I don't know anything about the problem, but last week what worked was upgrading to a battle.net account. Fixed everything straight away. It's free, and you might as well do it now.

I don't know anything about the problem, but last week what worked was upgrading to a battle.net account. Fixed everything straight away. It's free, and you might as well do it now.

true, and it's gonna be required anyway sooner than later.

Yeah, solves the problem immediately. My alt is on a different account and that shit takes forever to log in. I just don't want to specify a second e-mail address.

Thanks Grey! Let me know how much mats cost and I'll pay you for them, or can buy them and send it over. Will hit up Week at L79 then for the other crap, since I don't really need it for another month at the rate I'm leveling.

Anyone know if the faction discount shit will apply to cold weather flying as well? Also what faction is this shit on, and where should I buy my flying training and such to minimize my cost? Currently got a troll priest and tauren dk, who zoomed to mid-70s so far. Should I hit exalted on my Kirin Tor faction before buying it to save an extra 10%?

Wonderful night last night.

And I'm being honest for once!

Started off 9-manning Vault, for, well, junk. But hell, no loss.

Tore up FL+1, though I died. Something about getting followed for the second time (out of 3 follows FL lasted for) while trying to defend my dinner from a cat. It's very hard to steer when your hands are occupied holding back a cat and making sure he doesn't spill soda onto anything while fighting to get the food.

Razor easy, XT we didn't trigger hard mode so we just splattered him. Kolo, Auriaya, no issues. She dropped the pants, I lost them, not sure I'd want to wear them anyway. Hodir down, got a ring. Got to check how that affects my avoidance tonight.

That was it for bosses we'd previously downed. So we went to Freya, and one-shot her despite her walking up and making friends while we were still listening to an explanation. Headed over to Thorim. Previously, the arena group had failed to survive long enough. This time, one-shot him.

Then comes the comedy part of our story. So we go to pull the Auriaya trash between Freya and Mimiron's areas. I Heroic Throw and start moving to where I'm going to tank my boy. He's almost to me... when he turns towards the hunter. (The hunter, like most, is a noob, though this one is actually pretty new to the game.) I get a taunt off. He's on me again... but before I get to hit him, he turns to the paladin OT. Turns out the rogue hadn't switched focus from the OT after Thorim. Then someone fails to down a spark, which ends up with me dying. Paladin manages to pick my guy up; fortunately there's not much health left on him. The second guy overcharges with grief or whatever, and something goes wrong, letting the paladin die. Which leaves us with the rogue evasion tanking, and then with the idiot guy chasing down casters before he dies with about half the raid down.

After a few failures getting past phase 1, we made it to phase 3 Mimiron. Might actually be able to get another hour or two in on Sunday, even if only to clear away Ignis and Iron Council.

Evasion tanking those watcher guys is totally the way to go, Phelan. They're tough bastards.

Our 10-man got another shot at Algalon last night. Best attempt was 27%, but we did significantly better this week including one attempt where we hit the enrage, and were regularly getting him below 50%. I think one more week and we'll have him. Despite it being a simple fight in concept (no phase changes, not a lot of movement) the execution is really dependent on a lot of people doing the right thing. It's quite a fun fight.

Also got my Firefighter achievement last night, meaning that I got my Glory of the Raider rusted drake. That's another truly awesome fight on hard mode. Mimiron already was a great thing, but if you throw in fire, water bombs, more robots, and a great voice telling you that a self destruct is going to happen...it's good times. And when you hit the 'enrage'? THE ROOM BLOWS UP.

Yeah, the Naxx run was fun. Except for the wiping on the slimes before Patches. Twice. I'm not the yeller Stegho is (I don't have a sergeant voice), but I was losing my shit quietly. Had a great time, it was a lot of fun, got some nice upgrades and heard some hilarious comments.

IMO tho, we should have listened to the druid on how to tank Anub. Just my two cents. Don't want to cause drama...just wanted to say my piece.

Cue - your pants are in the mail, and, if you need, can make the handguards too.

Meh that's what warlocks are for: to summon those awesome drunk players like Ro who try to jump OVER the slimes pure awesome

Remind me to record this shit if I am in Naxx with her. There were some people in our 10 man that died like 3-4 times on slimes... was pretty funny.

Guest thebadlady
Meh that's what warlocks are for: to summon those awesome drunk players like Ro who try to jump OVER the slimes :D pure awesome :lol:

Drunk alone doesn't make me fall off shit. :lol:

Remind me to record this shit if I am in Naxx with her. There were some people in our 10 man that died like 3-4 times on slimes... was pretty funny.

Maybe I could watch a guide or something, but WTF? Maybe I have just a bit of lag (I pd to up my connection speed) cuz one minute I am at full health and the next I am a corpse, a potential tea-bag victim.

And what do you mean, trying to jump over them? I totally made it!

I am starting to think that I am best served as someone's alt. I love professions the most and am spoiling to level up another toon so I can have every single profession possible. I find gathering and mining soothing and peaceful. I take great joy in new receipes, not new clothes. I have been trying to raid because everyone else is raiding, but thats not what I like about the game, not now anyway.

So anyway, I am not going to try to raid or shit like that (unless its for my shammy, so I can fill the 'need a healer' spot until Q gets his priest ready). I am going to be making ...stuff...and gathering. If any of you QD folks need things/have requests, I would be more than happy to randomly get stuffs for you. Also, if you need stuffs, poke me and we can put one of your alts in the guild to get the stuffs.

IMO tho, we should have listened to the druid on how to tank Anub. Just my two cents. Don't want to cause drama...just wanted to say my piece.

No drama. But we don't do things like that.

We depend on our tanks and our healers. The more we can put the fight in their hands and take it out of the hands of the DPS, the happier I am. So while I accept that others have different strategies that worked for them, unless it is a progress kill, I don't have much interest in how others want to do things.

We've been killing him like that, with zero deaths, for about... 8 months now. That's.... 64 times? Wow. Anyway. Proven technique.

No drama. But we don't do things like that.

We depend on our tanks and our healers. The more we can put the fight in their hands and take it out of the hands of the DPS, the happier I am. So while I accept that others have different strategies that worked for them, unless it is a progress kill, I don't have much interest in how others want to do things.

We've been killing him like that, with zero deaths, for about... 8 months now. That's.... 64 times? Wow. Anyway. Proven technique.

Oh sorry Stegho, my comment was completely sarcasm - didn't come across that way, apologies. When I tank him I prefer the stand and deliver rather than kiting. Kiting in the half circle isn't tough to do, but if it can be made easier for everyone, all for it.

When we started Naxx, we kited. Once we got a little more gear under us, we stopped that. Just didn't seem worth the effort.

After a while of not really pugging, I had some excellent reminders of why I don't pug. Tried VoA25, ended up as dps, and walked out after two fast wipes. Then tried Naxx25, just Thaddius, Sapph & KT up. Two wipes on Thaddius and I went to bed. With only a couple of people dead he was at 10% when he enraged. That means he wasn't going to go down.

Oh well, things reset today, so I can go back to vault 10 at least. More futile attempts to get some T8.

We are having to do some serious retraining in our guild, from Naxx where DPS can AoE the hell out of anything that moves, to Ulduar where that just won't work.

Some of our level 80s unfortunately don't know anything about raiding BUT AoE of trash, so that's one of the reasons our progress in Ulduar is so slow. However, we did one shot Auriaya at the weekend and had fun with the trash on the way to Hodir. Is there an easier boss to go to after Auriaya amongst the Keepers?

Some of our level 80s unfortunately don't know anything about raiding BUT AoE of trash, so that's one of the reasons our progress in Ulduar is so slow. However, we did one shot Auriaya at the weekend and had fun with the trash on the way to Hodir. Is there an easier boss to go to after Auriaya amongst the Keepers?

Most people will probably agree that Hodir is the easiest of the Keepers. I'd say it is either him or Thorim, depending on the strength of your raiders. Hodir asks more of your DPS (getting buffs, dodging ice, breaking out NPCs) and healers (frozen blows). Thorim challenges the arena tank, and the tunnel group DPS, but these are not huge challenges. If you can make it to the actual Thorim phase of the fight with 9+ people then you should down him easy.

The other advantage for Thorim is there's only two or three trash pulls before him, depending on whether the Auriaya trash has despawned.

This instance lock out problem they're working on is slowing down progress. I was knocking out the Dire Maul quests and now I can't get back inside. Least I got the key before it happened.

Last few days I've been doing old world stuffs for the memories. Broke off my Strat farming long enough to help a Belf Pally on his mount quest. Helped 4 DKs through Ramparts as I was out there in HFP doing any quests that gave me Silvermoon City rep on my road to Ambassador which I got tonight by accident when I did one of the Dire Maul quests that gave 500 Horde rep. When I got in the party with the 4 DKs I couldn't help but laugh. I predicted when Wrath came out it would be "4 DKs LF1M for Ramps, need healer pst." Better late than never.

Done a little AD rep grinding, some Cenarion Circle.

GoN and I hit UP, CoS, and HoL back to back to back with some loyal dps. HoS and Occulus left.

Normally I avoid Silvermoon City like the plague, but I need to turn in a couple stacks of runecloth. First thing I see in General: "Can someone roll a tauren female and rp a succubus?"

Riiiight.

I predicted when Wrath came out it would be "4 DKs LF1M for Ramps, need healer pst." Better late than never.

4 DKs would roll through Ramps without needing a 5th, much less a healer.

Archived