The Queen has been cast.

Andhaira

If you haven't seen it yet, GRRM has now clarified the Big Ben clue, it refers to a Godzilla rip-off B-movie called Gorgo (the name of Headey's character in 300), where Gorgo's mother destroys Big Ben in one scene. I have absolutely no idea how we were ever meant to figure that out for ourselves ;)

And what in the world does that have to do with her mother and Big Ben being 'strangers?' Weird. :stunned:

Unfortunately I feel this is a miss rather than a hit..

Physically she doesn't match up in my opinion and having seen her in 300 and Sarah Connor chronicles I'm really unsure about her abilities acting wise.

The type of role she strikes me as is more like an Asha type..

Taking a break from the subject, I want to say to the ones responsible for the Westeros map, kudos, great job. I might add that I found a distance measurement you can add to the map. Jon Snow mentions it is 10,000 leagues from the Frost Fangs to Dorn. I would use the ancient and medieval measurement which is 1 league is 1.5 miles (the modern league is 3 miles). So that means Westeros is a fraking big continent bigger than North and South America. The wall also gives a good distance measurement of 300 leagues (450 miles).

Yeah, Jon was going a bit OTT there ;)

As confirmed by GRRM, in Westeros 1 league = 3 miles. The wall is 100 leagues or 300 miles long. From the Wall to the south coast of Dorne is 1,000 leagues or 3,000 miles, making it a bit smaller than South America.

I like it. I think she can do cold, reptilian. I think we have a winner.

I saw 300. I'm way fine with her breasts. Give her time to put on a few Cersei curves; she's skin and bones in most of her movies.

Interesting that most of the lead cast, Ehle aside, are playing against type. Sean Bean is playing a man who doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve. Coster-Waldau and Headey are playing antagonists. Addy is playing a warrior king. Merchant is playing conflicted and complicated, and Dinklage is Tyrion (and there's no one like Tyrion).

I think mostof the actors will take this as a challenge. I expect them to meet it.

have mixed feelings on this one. I agree with the boarders who used "wooden" and "bland" to describe her acting. More Stark than a Lannister with those qualities. She doesnt have the passion that Cersei has. I see her more as a Catelyn myself. But I wont rule it out. They must've seen something during the her audition to show she can pull this off.

Give her time to put on a few Cersei curves; she's skin and bones in most of her movies.

Which actress isn't?

I've long ago given up hope of ever seeing a woman in a lead role in movie or TV. But it's what the audience wants, and at least her face is attractive (imho) and maybe she can act the role.

Which actress isn't?

I've long ago given up hope of ever seeing a woman in a lead role in movie or TV. But it's what the audience wants, and at least her face is attractive (imho) and maybe she can act the role.

I'm curious what audience you think wants anorexic actresses? It's certainly not the male audience.

If you haven't seen it yet, GRRM has now clarified the Big Ben clue, it refers to a Godzilla rip-off B-movie called Gorgo (the name of Headey's character in 300), where Gorgo's mother destroys Big Ben in one scene. I have absolutely no idea how we were ever meant to figure that out for ourselves ;)

See, Gorgo's mother is the Stranger to Big Ben because she brings death to it, like the face of the Seven...right? Honestly, I think that might have been where he was going with that.

I'm curious what audience you think wants anorexic actresses? It's certainly not the male audience.

Nor the female. :)

But for some reason the anorexic ideal seems to stick with depressing persistency. And the media have their share in it - every time an actress gains a pound, there's those headlines: Is she getting FAT :rolleyes: or is she pregnant?

The only way to stop those madness would be people no longer watching any movie or TV series until they start casing more realistic looking actresses, but tell me how that should work. ;)

Archived