The Queen has been cast.

Andhaira

I don't know if it means anything at all, but on 30 Aug, on the "Not A Blog" link, GRRM said ramdomly:

etc

These clues related to the casting of the Hound. See the thread titled 'woof woof'. ;)

I don't know if it means anything at all, but on 30 Aug, on the "Not A Blog" link, GRRM said ramdomly:

Eat your porage and you'll grow up big and strong.

Just sayin'

And:

The dog is green. Just sayin'

Could these also be clues?

*hands Bran some coffee and points at thread*

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=38386

:D

I don't see Cersei as beautiful but hard. I see her as beautiful but sinister. I don't see that dangerous, femme fatale look in Lena Headey.

again, YMMV. Cersei wants to be a man. She acts cold, hard. Like Tywin but she rarely pulls it off because of her temper. Hence her acting like Robert in AFfC.

Not feeling it the casting choice of Cersei. Always thought of someone more full figured, not wirey.

Speak of the wire - the 300 clip made me think - Dominic West as Petyr would be nice. He was great as McNulty on the Wire. Might be too tall, but then again if Mark Addy can play Robert who is supposed to be 6'5", what the heck.

Here's an early encounter between Catelyn and Cersei (from the movie Possession).

And thus a million Cat and Cersei slash* fics were born.

* Or is it only slash when it's between men? I'm not au fait with the terminology here.

That was about the Hound, we've figured him out (most likely), Rory McCann.

GRRM also unofficially officially unofficially confirmed McCann when he said, "Yeah, I wanted clues someone wasn't going to figure out in three seconds from YouTube videos," which I think clinches it.

I see the master's got some new comments up about parts still to be cast for the pilot. And, as I suspected, no Old Nan, only Septa Mordane. I had the feeling that the two characters would be melded into one, a sort of 'old lady caregiver' role.

There´s also no mention of Hodor or the other kingsguard members visiting Winterfell. Old Nan could well be introduced later, alongside Hodor.

And thus a million Cat and Cersei slash* fics were born.

* Or is it only slash when it's between men? I'm not au fait with the terminology here.

It's called femslash.

And OMG no Cersei/Catelyn. That's second only to that Gollum/Jar Jar Binks crossover. :stunned:

Hmm.

I'm certainly more skeptical of this than I have been of any of the casting choices made thusfar. I don't think she's a bad actress, nor is she unattractive by any stretch, she just seems ... wrong. I mean, she can turn heads, no doubt, but Cersei should look like she can turn heads in a bar, while Headey seems more like she'd turn heads at the gym. In terms of physical presence, Cersei should be 100% sexual; Headey is certainly not sexless, but she looks far too much like she could kick the shit out of you. That should be something that Cersei doesn't carry *at all*, and it's the sort of thing an actress is going to have some trouble just erasing, I think.

I worry also that Headey's casting will turn Cersei into more of a stone-cold bitch than she ought to be. Yes, Cersei is a bitch, but her primary asset is still supposed to be her charm, and Headey doesn't give off a vibe that that's her best quality. Maybe that's the fact that I've only seen her in 300 and Sarah Connor Chronicles, but those two were very similar characters and I really hope she's got more in her.

I don't know that she doesn't, and I know that much of my opinion of her acting is mostly neutral due to her having been cast in shows/movies I thought were terribly written. We'll see what she can do with some good shit to play with :)

Business-wise, she should be very good for the show at least. She's a big enough name from Sarah Connor Chronicles that people will tune in because of her.

Archived