NFL Thread II: Now bringing you more JaMarcus Russell!

Young Wolf

Thoughts:

Game ball to JaMarcus Russell for leading the Raiders to victory despite going 7-24 for 109 yards. I'm not even mad. That's astounding.

I'm sorry, but there are few things more painful than watching Kyle Orton play QB. Clearly it wasn't just a Bears thing. I'm watching him against the Browns now and think I'd rather go for a root canal than watch him captain a 2 minute drive. ETA: Actually the only thing that might be as bad is watching Brady Quinn.

Rams-Redskins: No Comment.

Nice job Bengals. The juice is back on the sleeper season.

Was fun watching the Saints beat the snot out of the Eagles. I could watch that every week.

I don't know if it's a good thing that the Jets beat the Pats so solidly. It probably means another week of Rex Ryan hyperventilating (and flashing those giant chompers) and another week of the NFL pundits hyperventilating about him. I will say, that defense looks great. Especially watching what Houston did to Tennessee.

What's up with the Ravens offense? Holy shit.

Gore's got a great shot at the single game rushing record.

Best part of my day so far happened during the Detroit-Minnesota game:

Ed Hochuli: False start... the entire offensive line... still first down.

Take a guess at which team were the perpetrators.

I would assume Detroit, because that would be properly pathetic... but Brad Childress is coaching the other team involved.

And to follow up on JL... Gore has gone off. Pretty nuts.

Also, JL, you're gonna kill me in W3.

Gore's got a great shot at the single game rushing record.

I saw he had a long run TD run earlier, went out to finish waxing the car and saw he busted off another one when I came back in. Suffice it to say, I am a happy FF Gore owner this week.

Watching the Bears and Steelers grapple with each other, myself.

Niners now 2-0. The running game was much improved this week after only managing something like 30 yards in AZ a week ago.

I have to say, though, I was disappointed in a couple of things from SF:

1) The pass rush seemed to disappear again after a very encouraging start last week. Despite a banged up Seattle OL, Seneca Wallace and Matt Hasselbeck seemed to have too much time far too often.

2) It seems like the passing game forgot all about Josh Morgan and Vernon Davis. It's nice having a reliable veteran like Isaac Bruce to help move the chains, but I would have liked to have seen the offense try and get the ball in the hands of its more explosive playmakers more often.

Still, a win's a win. I'll definitely take it. Big, big challenge next week at Minnesota.

Was fun watching the Saints beat the snot out of the Eagles. I could watch that every week.

Heh, me too. The Saints are scary good, too. And their D might finally be decent enough to make them a real contender.

Texans, Bengals and Bears with some pretty big upsets. And the Titans are 0-2.

BIG game tonight. I don't have a real feel for this game. Dallas' offense was great last week against Tampa. Yep, Tampa. Now they will face a pass rush. And the Cowboys D got gashed badly with the run in the 1st half last week and got no sacks. On the other hand Dallas sacked Eli 8 times in the 2nd game.

I like everything about the Sunday Night Telecast except the fucking Faith Hill opening. Who exactly was thinking: "We need someone who will pump up football fans. I know....Faith Hill!"

Least we got a real interesting game tonight. I'm gonna get my popcorn ready.

Also, JL, you're gonna kill me in W3.

Looks I'll probably edge you, but it certainly won't be a killing or anything.

Holy shit. I've read all the hype about this new Cowboys Stadium in recent months and I assumed it had to be overrated. There's no way it can be as impressive as everyone says. Hell, I rolled my eyes when NBC did that "man-made wonders of the world" intro with the Great Wall and the Taj Mahal and the Roman Colosseum and then the new Cowboys place. Then they panned in to that giant TV, and I suddenly realize why everyone talks about it so much. Wow!

The fact that Baltimore has the first offense in the history of their franchise should scare the crap out of the rest of the league.

On the other hand, the past two weeks, they've given up a bunch of points to the Chargers (acceptable, good offense), and the Chefs (worrisome).

That interception off Witten's foot was both one of the freakiest plays I've seen and emblematic of a game that really defies explanation so far. I do think the Cowboys look like the better team, but the Giants superior....just... solidness has kept them in the lead. Until the Dallas RBs took over on this drive.

Also what's with some of these super easy throws that Tony Romo misses? He's so casual...it's not like he rushes 'em or anything.

The fact that Baltimore has the first offense in the history of their franchise should scare the crap out of the rest of the league.

Actually, the Ravens had a great offense in '97 with Vinny Testaverde and Michael Jackson among others. Course back then, they had an awful defense and were a bad team as a result.

ETA: Think it was '97. Might've been '96.

Archived