BWB Eurocommie meet 2010

williamjm

When I say 'modded down' I mean voted down by the anonymous rating system rather than a vicious mod attack. :) I guess that was a little ambiguous of me, but that's just how I've always referred to it (it's effectively modding by 'the board'). Totally OT but on the other board I'm familiar with post ratings from you weren't allowed to mod any post until you'd made 100 or 500 posts or something first. /tangent

If anyone took offence to the bit about inbreeding that would be a bit silly - it's been scientifically proven that people living in that region of England show genetic evidence of cosanguinous relations. A local MP got bashed for saying the exact same thing a while back simply because people there didn't want to hear it, not because it wasn't true.

So, anyway, getting back on topic I hope people having been thinking about their preferences because we'll need to start doing the voting thing soon.

If anyone took offence to the bit about inbreeding that would be a bit silly - it's been scientifically proven that people living in that region of England show genetic evidence of cosanguinous relations. A local MP got bashed for saying the exact same thing a while back simply because people there didn't want to hear it, not because it wasn't true.

At least you weren't accusing gingers of being the result of inbreeding as then I'd have a problem! The UK as a whole is fairly inbred, it's the reason why we can usually tell if someone is from a certain area by their appearance. It's not our fault (or more accurately our ancestors) that it was a hassle to bother to travel more than 30 miles from our birthplace before the invention of the car ;) People need to chill a little on the inbreeding; it doesn't mean they are sibling-lovers just that the gene-pool is a little narrow. Inbreeding can also be accidental between half siblings who don't realise they are (shit luck but it made the headlines in the uk only the other year).

Anyway this is all relevant as the Eurocommie meeting could be an essential safeguard against inbreeding!

For the French option, it sounds like June is going to be the earliest time we could do it. I'll clarify that at the weekend.

On the numbers front accomodation consists of:

Barn (converted, obviously!)

4 bedrooms each with 2 single beds

The pool house with 2 single beds

The living room with 2 double sofa beds

Main House

1 bedroom with 1 single bed and 1 double bed

1 bedroom with 2 single beds

2 bedrooms with 1 double bed each

The living room with a double sofa bed

An attached apartment with a double sofa bed

There is also an overflow caravan with a single bed, and a double could also be fitted in there if necessary

I make that 28 people that can be accomodated, which should be plenty, I imagine.

Just to say, may is completely out for Kit and I. Wedding and honeymoon :)

We'd only make it to somewhere in the Uk, Tbh. We'll probably just leave any meets til Octocon.

ETA : needle here. Kit is not actually marrying himself :P

Archived