World Cup 2010 - The draw is settled

Horza

#USMNT lineup: Howard; Spector, DeMerit, Bocanegra, Bornstein; Holden, Torres, Bradley, Donovan; Altidore, Findley

Torres and Findley getting a start, which is a bit of a surprise.

COME ON YOU YANKS

Friendly. Makes sense to give fringe players a run out, especially when you have a settled 11. I'd only expect a strongest 11 for a team where injuries have stopped them playing together, or they're a young team who need to gel etc etc etc.

Findley hasn't really been on the bubble though, with only 3 caps overall; I don't think I've seen him at all. And I believe this will be Torres's first big chance since he bottled that Costa Rica game. It had seemed Torres was really out of favor with Bradley.

But your point is well taken. I'm glad to see Stuart Holden given a start, as I've been wondering how he's coming along at Bolton.

Edit: Really like the new usmnt kit.

There's a rumor that Hiddink is about to take over at the Ivory Coast.

I'm actually pretty happy with our overall performance in the first half. Conceding that penalty was a foolish error, but other than that my primary concern is the injury to Stuart Holden. He was looking pretty good before he got knocked. I hope he's ok.

I hear England is down 0:1.

Indeed. Good win for the Koreans.

I saw the Ireland Brazil game yesterday. We gave a good showing in the first half but once Brazil got a goal we seem to lose a bit of heart. And were probably tired after giving our all over the first 45 minutes. Brazil dominated the game completely in the second half and scored a great 2nd goal.

An entertaining friendly, which is all one can expect. :)

So... Big question of the night : How stupid can one get ?

I was already in a bad mood for non-football related reasons, and then I decided to watch France-Spain. I knew that it was going to turn bad, there were no reason whatsoever that France would turn out to be good and Spain would magically become crap, and yet I still decided to do it. And now, I'm in an even worse mood.

Why am I doing that to myself ? :unsure:

And why am I staying in front of my tv, waiting for the 2nd half ?

And that is a Spain team without Xavi, the best midfielder in the world...

Why is Busquets playing? I understand he needs to get a chance, but why him and Alonso?

I want to see Navas.

At least England are losing.

They must have scored just after you said that.

Boo. I thought they were going to get shown what happens if you don't play Darren Bent.

Obviously not.

Though in my FM game, I'm managing England, and have told Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard they'll never play for England again. I played Super Kev and Darren Bent up front, with Cattermole in midfield and Shawcross/Turner in defence.

Though in my FM game, I'm managing England

Traitor. I took Ireland to a WC third place finish before. :lol: Bloody Argentinians beat me in the Semis, but I thumped England in the play-off.

Speaking of which, we need a FM thread.

I like FM10, found it much more fun than 09, particularly the new tactics setup thingy and player roles.

Crouch scored two goals but I don't think he should ever be starting for England (or Spurs, for that matter). He promotes too poor a standard of football. Great player to have on the bench though, and his international goalscoring record is amazing.

England should bring Bent.

Not so sure, he wasn't much of a team player at spurs (even Defoe's better at that, for crying out loud...), but he might have improved that. Good goalscorer though.

As far as i'm concerned you have to take Rooney, Defoe and Crouch. And Capello seems to like Heskey, so that's your four.

Pav shold always start for Spurs, he's a really good player.

He's a bit lazy sometimes, alas, but I do like his movement, he's always in the right place.

Well, Bent's team game hasn't really been used at Sunderland. His job is to get into the box and score. Or else hold up the ball and feed the wingers. And he's good at both of those jobs. And whewn Andy Reid was on fire, he scored loads. But he can't score if he doesn't get service. I think he's a more reliable goalscorer than Defoe and even Rooney, but when Rooney's on form, he's better (as he is now).

Capello hasn't picked Crouch much. Why he likes Heskey I don't know. Carlton Cole and Heskey are almost exactly the smae player except Cole scores more.

But ENgland can bring whoever they life if they're not bringing Bent and I hope they get beaten by Serbia.

Archived