Football 16

Mme Erzulie

If Torres was playing Henry/Zlatan wouldn't be playing. Torres needs to be the central striker to make the most out of him and Pedro has been playing ahaed of Henry a lot.

Btw, it's Xavi not zabi.

Sunderland wre rubbish but I'm not too upset, it was expected. First of all it's Chelsea. We were missing our first choice CBs, meaning Cana had to drop back. Cattermole and Reid were out aswell, meaning we had none of our first choice midfield either apart from Mabranque . At least we scored 2 goals at Stamford Bridge, not many teams do that.

If Torres was playing Henry/Zlatan wouldn't be playing. Torres needs to be the central striker to make the most out of him and Pedro has been playing ahaed of Henry a lot.

I think Torres would be a better option than Henry for Barcelona. I haven't seen much since he left Arsenal but the games I have seen him play he didn't look the player he once was.

Sunderland wre rubbish but I'm not too upset, it was expected. First of all it's Chelsea. We were missing our first choice CBs, meaning Cana had to drop back. Cattermole and Reid were out aswell, meaning we had none of our first choice midfield either apart from Mabranque . At least we scored 2 goals at Stamford Bridge, not many teams do that.

You need Craig Gordon back.

Gordon is great, but Fulop's good too. He made one absolutely superb save today, and a few other very good ones.

Our first 11 is strong enough...but after that, we don't have much strength.

--------------Bent------Jones----------------

-----Reid-----Cana----Cattermole----Malbranque

Richardson----Mensah----Turner-----Bardsley

-------------------Gordon--------------------

Our full-backs are weak, Da Silva is good enough, but I'm still not really sure what positions he's supposed to be best at.

Up front, we only really have Campbell, who's not that great, Healy is a joke.

In midfield, Henderson is excellent, looks to be a great prospect, could be afuture English international, and offers good cover. Zenden was an okay free signing, but he's not as good as any of the starters and you can forget about anyone else there.

In defence, the starters are weak enough, Richardson should go soon, Ferdinand is a more hesitant, more mistake prone version of his brother, Nuggsy has too many off-days.

I think Torres would be a better option than Henry for Barcelona. I haven't seen much since he left Arsenal but the games I have seen him play he didn't look the player he once was.

Henry plays on the left side for Barcelona, so the choice would be between Ibrahimovic and Torres.

Henry plays on the left side for Barcelona, so the choice would be between Ibrahimovic and Torres.

He plays as a left-sided forward, equivalent to Messi on the right- Torres could probably manage it, but it would be an awkward fit.

They're linked with Rooney who'd be an absolutely perfect fit.

Which is a battle Torres would clearly win.

Zlatan has scored 13 goals in 22 appearances, plus a load of assists. He fits in very well with Barca's one touch football while also being able to get hold of a long ball, something that they didn't have last year (think Chelsea in the CL second leg). Also, his fitness record is much better than Torres'.

I'd be amazed if Torres could displace Zlatan.

Edit: I've re-read your post and just noticed that 'clearly' is in italics, and now I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. Use an emoticon dammit :tantrum:

torress played 1201 minutes in the premiership this season (roughly 13-14 games) and scored 12 goals...

and he did it in this season liverpool team, filled with football virtuosos like lucas, mascherano and skrtel...

could you imagine what he'd do if he had xavi, iniesta, messi, henry by his side?

i think that moving back to primera would be a good move for torres, because he would be injured far less, due to less physical nature of the game...

Watched the Utd-City game, which was pretty exciting in points. 2-1 went to City a bit unfairly, but I'm sure Utd will win at Old Trafford. They had much of the play, in front of City's fans.

In other news, West Ham have been taken over. I found this most interesting of all, though:

Sullivan and Gold secured the takeover despite interest from Lotus F1 chief Tony Fernandes, finance firm Intermarket and Italian Massimo Cellino.

And Cellino, the president of modest Italian Serie A club Cagliari, has hit out at Icelandic bank Straumur as he thought he - and not Sullivan and Gold - was close to a deal.

"I am astonished more than disappointed. In many years in football I've never seen anything like this," he told Italian news agency ANSA.

"Everything was ready, I was poised to buy 100% of the club and, instead, this morning when I arrived in London I discovered they'd decided to sell to people they've been talking to for eight months, who have taken only 50%.

"I would have paid all the debts and I was ready to make some big buys. I think England didn't want me."

And in Celtic news, we're apparently interested in a couple of players - Utaka and Senderos. Both would be alright, as Porstmouth probably wouldn't demand too much for Utaka, being broke and all, and I think we're looking at a loan move for Arsenal's Senderos. It'll be good to see more new bodies enter the club, as we've gotten rid of some wastrels of late.

What a delight it was to see live football on the BBC again.

You forget, after watching so much Sky and RTE, just how much better the BBC's half-time analysis (usually) is than anyone else's.

However, the less said about the commentary, the better.

Guy Mowbray had me cringing far too often in that game. You know things are bad when you make Mark Lawrenson look good.

What a delight it was to see live football on the BBC again.

You forget, after watching so much Sky and RTE, just how much better the BBC's half-time analysis (usually) is than anyone else's.

However, the less said about the commentary, the better.

Guy Mowbray had me cringing far too often in that game. You know things are bad when you make Mark Lawrenson look good.

I saw the ITV coverage of Man United - Leeds United and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the halftime analysis. Usually it's shocking but they didn't have any of the regular pundits, and that made a world of a difference.

Sir Thursday

Much needed victory there. Saw bits and pieces on stream, looked like they were full of heart, at least, tonight. Kuyt gets two goals.

Arsenal top of the table - may they stay there (unless we're the ones knocking them off, which seems unlikely at the moment:p)

Much needed victory there. Saw bits and pieces on stream, looked like they were full of heart, at least, tonight. Kuyt gets two goals.

A bit of a relief, I wasn't too confident going into this game to be honest. The offside decision for the Defoe goal was somewhat fortuitous but overall I think Liverpool were good value for the win.

Archived