World of Warcraft

GoN

Stupid RNG hates me.

Goal: Run 3 randoms between 7pm and 8pm, willing to go to, say, 8:15. Result: Random #1: Halls of Stone, no bosses skipped. Random #2: Culling of Stratholme. Random #3: It's already after 8, screw it.

Yes, technically I could have ditched the Halls of Stone as soon as I realized nothing was getting skipped, done another character, swapped back, so on. I guess I need to start asking at the start in HoS if optional bosses are going to be cleared or not. I certainly don't need the triumph. Of course we were mid-pull when I got off the loading screen, and I'm the healer.

Took me an hour to get the random done on my hunter. 20 some minute queue the I get CoS. Lots of standing around waiting. The last person in not starting events, Then it bugged out somehow. We killed the Infinte dragon flight guy with several minutes remaining but no Mal Gannis spawn, so we had to run back through the gauntlet, killing mons that either respawned or we missed, pick up Arthas, and fight back through the gauntlet a 3rd time. Luckily only one of the dps was mediocre, the DK was doing 7k on bosses, I'd hit 5k, and the shadow priest was a bit under 3k.

Took me an hour to get the random done on my hunter. 20 some minute queue the I get CoS. Lots of standing around waiting. The last person in not starting events, Then it bugged out somehow. We killed the Infinte dragon flight guy with several minutes remaining but no Mal Gannis spawn, so we had to run back through the gauntlet, killing mons that either respawned or we missed, pick up Arthas, and fight back through the gauntlet a 3rd time. Luckily only one of the dps was mediocre, the DK was doing 7k on bosses, I'd hit 5k, and the shadow priest was a bit under 3k.

I've had a lot of instances bugging out on me lately. I wonder if it's a Cross Server issue (like the Elemental Shaman bug). I was in HoS (or was is HoL? The one with Brann) and we couldn't start the gauntles event because he wouldn't move after you talked to him.

Then I was in HoR and we managed to push through to the second boss even with a subpar healer, however at the tenth wave the boss just sat there.

I was also in one of the Utgards and that Valkyr women bugged. She sat there flying above us without attacking. However everytime she was hit with a ranged spell her intro would restart, which made for a couple minutes of amusement.

Steve, if you find you're waiting in queue - yell at Krista or me to tank, I think the longest wait I've had when tanking is literally 15 seconds. Can't do anything about the bugs, but I haven't had an instance (RP aside - CoS, looking at you) last more than 20 minutes. Can always use more Triumph for the off, off set of healing... /shudder

Uggh.

I haven't hit any bugs, just morons and bad dps. Fortunately my queues are always short because I queue as tank, tank, heals for my warrior, dk, paladin. Even though the DK & paladin are dps first. Unless I have people to queue with, I always queue to tank or heal because I can and it will produce a near-instant queue.

(I do bail out of Halls of Reflection on my DK though; I don't feel her gear or my skill with DK tanking is up to the instance.)

The lag last night was ridiculously bad server side. Fortunately it was server side, which meant that it was screwing over the NPCs and bosses as much as it was us. We tried for I'm On A Boat and 'succeeded' in the sense that we didn't die, but didn't get the acheivement - mostly because the stacks on Muradin fell off midway through as he forgot to attack for 5 seconds. Same with Saurfang; he just kinda forgot about that whole blood beast thing.

Didn't bother with Putricide 25 because of that lag, so we went to 10s instead. Kiting as a druid on Rotface suuuuuuucks. But we had both 10-man groups do Putricide successfully and mine one-shot him, so that felt good. This week he'll die.

I still can't do Nexus in under 25 min. It's just so damn much walking.

On my DPS, the wait is average of 15 min. On the tank, it's average of 5 sec. Not kidding.

I'll see how queue'ing as healer goes soon, once I get the offspec gear set up.

Today I queued as a tank, and the wait took 45 seconds. That was long!

Last night my guild has some major drama, which which resulted in 1 gquit and some really mad other people. I dont know if I am going to attend tonight or not, last night was a pretty big mean mess.

I still can't do Nexus in under 25 min. It's just so damn much walking.

On my DPS, the wait is average of 15 min. On the tank, it's average of 5 sec. Not kidding.

I'll see how queue'ing as healer goes soon, once I get the offspec gear set up.

On peak times my healer gets around 30 seconds to 3 minutes of alone time. This includes low level healer queues as well.

I ran a Zul'Farrak today (on my 45 Priest) and our bear tank actually cleared the entire mob of trolls at the bottom of the steps. I was pretty surprised because I didn't think you could do that, shows how much I know. It wasn't even hard to heal.

The only bad thing about that run was the Enhancement shaman in elemental gear who kept linking DPS meters despite being dead last. When I asked him to stop linking meters he said "Who do you f-ing think you are my mom?" and then sent me a whisper asking if I would like heal meters instead. When I didn't respond he linked me, in a whisper, the healing meters. So I responded with "I'm running my own meter, please stop spamming" which led to a long string of cursing and resulted in the very first PuG on my ignore list. Surprisingly he didn't drop group but apparently kept complaining because the Tank kept telling him to be quiet.

Sometimes I wish recount had never been created.

So maybe a week ago, the blue proto-drake dropped in a random where I was on my hunter and queuing with another hunter (Fabulicious), who is an old guildmate from vanilla who is new to WotLK. He won it, but then before using the item, looked it up and decided he didn't really care for the proto-drake model and would probably not use it over his engineering epic mount, so he very kindly gave the drake to my hunter.

Today, this happened.

Gotta love karma.

Wasted an attempt on Putricide tonight :( Got smacked with insane rubber-banding instant cast spells taking 10 seconds to get off server lag around 30 seconds after the pull.

Needless to say, pleased we were not.

On the other hand I was the only enhancement shammy in the raid and enhancement gear was dropping like crazy. Loads of great upgrades. DKP tunneling its way to Australia but no worries.

Edit : my recount is broken. It will show the basic window with the numbers in it, and link and all that, but I can't get any of the individual player graphs and other stuff like that to appear - y'know the useful information. Any ideas?

Man, people wonder why no one wants to tank. I usually get groups that are at least adequate, but I just quit one after two of the DPS decided they were tanks. I had decided after the first few Death Grips that I was tired of taunting off of morons and that I was going to let the DK solo whatever he pulled, but when the boomkin started Wrath-pulling, that was the last straw.

EDIT: I was also saved by Ardent Defender from dying on the Maker, because heals wasn't up to snuff.

Man, people wonder why no one wants to tank. I usually get groups that are at least adequate, but I just quit one after two of the DPS decided they were tanks. I had decided after the first few Death Grips that I was tired of taunting off of morons and that I was going to let the DK solo whatever he pulled, but when the boomkin started Wrath-pulling, that was the last straw.

yeah, completely agree. You pull it, you tank it - obvious errors and mistakes excepted. Yes, I know that "you" can probably tank that mob, and I'm going to let you...healer might even throw a heal at you. But don't complain if you die because you acted like a moron. Or expect me to taunt if you went to round things up for me.

edit: love the blue post about the fix for putricide and the intended buffs as time passes: "If all else fails, zonewide buffs will be available soon enough, allowing you to crush Professor Putricide, see his oozes driven before you, and hear the lamentation of his abominations."

Got Black Bruise off of Festergut last night. I can finally put my Ulduar MH to rest.

Nice damage on the weapon, but the stats on it are crap. So, it really depends on the proc. Rotface and Ony arent really good fights to base any judgements on, but looking at the Rotface parse it proc'd 10 times during the fight which lasted 5:22 which is about 2ppm. From what I've seen on EJ its a 3.3% proc chance. For Rotface the proc did 30549 dmg which was 1.9% of my total damage, so that seems like its not to bad 126 dps on that fight. Thats quite a bit better than speculation on EJ was a few weeks ago.

Last night turned into Achievement Night.

We started off a little slow, owing to how I was stuck at work for an hour to have a conversation with the boss about a meeting today... a conversation lasting all of 2 minutes. This was mostly complicated by server lag; it took me something like 20 minutes to get logged in and get from Dalaran to ICC. So it was coming up on 8:30 when we finally got started.

Nice and smooth, aside from a stupid death on Marrowgar and a stupid death on Deathwhisper. Then we get to Gunship and mid-fight, our ret paladin has a family emergency and has to go. And he does the right thing, he quickly tells us and goes, no wasting time hearthing or logging off. We decided that rather than wait til the game zones him out, and convince someone to lock themselves with us for Saurfang and probably that's it last night, to try a 9-man (we don't really have reserves). Without replenishment. That doesn't go too hot... so we head over to Maly (the weekly) and then also blow up Sarth3D. None of which I'd done. We got about 50 achievements spammed in raid when Sarth died. I will not, however, be Of The Nightfall.

The ret pally got back; I think it was a mostly false alarm, but he didn't give details; I just know that his wife is pregnant and she got very sick, so in my book that's definite cause for concern. So we killed Saurfang, and disbanded to do randoms. Tomorrow I think we've got 2/3 core healers instead of 1/3, possibly even 3/3, so we should be able to make serious attempts on Festergut and Rotface.

Randoms, how much I take stuff off of people depends in large part on my mood. Sometimes I'm in the "you pull it or pull aggro on it, enjoy" mode (this is typically me in a bad mood). Other times I'm in a good mood and I use that as a challenge on myself. (This is a tanking Heroic Shattered Halls as a warrior without crowd control challenge; it gets tiring very, very quickly.) Of course, at least half the random dps don't do enough damage to pull anything off of me.

I'll pull aggro in randoms, sometimes its my fault, sometimes the tank is slacking. Also if you are pulling aoe packs, and not marking a kill target, you probably need to expect people to pull aggro sometimes.

I racked up half a dozen more achievements last night. I'll pass 5k any day at this damn rate. We got Boned and Full House in ICC, I topped 1500 emblems, and I got Bran Spankin New and Good Greif during my Random along with topping exhalted with Ebon Blade. I used to go weeks w/o getting an achievement, now I cant swing a dead gnome with out getting at least one or two of them. :/

Got Black Bruise off of Festergut last night. I can finally put my Ulduar MH to rest.

Nice damage on the weapon, but the stats on it are crap. So, it really depends on the proc. Rotface and Ony arent really good fights to base any judgements on, but looking at the Rotface parse it proc'd 10 times during the fight which lasted 5:22 which is about 2ppm. From what I've seen on EJ its a 3.3% proc chance. For Rotface the proc did 30549 dmg which was 1.9% of my total damage, so that seems like its not to bad 126 dps on that fight. Thats quite a bit better than speculation on EJ was a few weeks ago.

Ditto pretty much. Picked it up and was pleasantly surprised by it being buffed to a useful level. Still hoping that it'll get Bryntroll level though.

Edit : yeah if you run into a pack of five+ mobs and don't mark something that you're going to definitely be putting a load of aggro on then I will be pulling something, or desperately swapping targets when I realise my aggro on it just hit 90% in a couple of hits. Sometimes though I can't even help it when I attack the main target, the matchmaking system is so bad I end up with pug tanks in blues when I'm sitting around doing 6-7K dps in heroics without trying.

RaceBannon, how are you doing Full House? We tried last night but didn't get it. Our best ploy seems to be to "rng" it and just zerg the boss's mana down before more than 2 waves spawn, and hope we end up with enough different add types.

Finally downed Festergut :-). He even dropped pants for me. It was pretty close, we had about 20 seconds to spare and no Blood Lust/Heroism but we had two badass heals so it went real smooth. Rotface is much less glitchy then he used to be and thus, much easier but we only gave him two tries because everyone needed to be able to wake up for work. So instead I grabbed some money from sold auctions and got myself a Mechano-Hog. Coolest Mount Ever.

I had to run some damage control too. One of our officers has a brother in the guild who has significantly less skill and significantly more confidence. One of our Raid Leaders decided to give him a shot at leading. This ended in about 15 wipes on Lady D and a bunch of tells to me which all said the same thing "If he's a raid Leader, I'm not raiding." We got his brother to talk to him and he said "Well, he didn't break anything, so it's better then I expected." Vent should be awkward tomorrow :-/.

Also, the armory update is 100% awesome. Check it out if you havn't yet (warning, it may take some time to load).

I'll pull aggro in randoms, sometimes its my fault, sometimes the tank is slacking. Also if you are pulling aoe packs, and not marking a kill target, you probably need to expect people to pull aggro sometimes.

Absolutely - in those cases it's definitely mea culpa - the times I will let the DPS tank is when they go looking for the next mob or we're in a fight and decide to bring something else in. Again - tab targeting errors can happen, first time it's ok, I'll taunt. repeated...not so much. As it is we're usually not 1/2 way through the pally blessings by the time the instance is done, that extra 12 seconds we might save by the deeps grabbing more mobs probably isn't worth the wasted time for ressing and rebuffing.

Archived