The Police Are Your Enemy

Stego

It has been posited here that population, and especially population density, necessitate police. Do you concede there is any validity to this but advocate we therefore should not coalesce so densely, or is the entire suggestion based on faulty assumptions?

It depends what you mean by "police" doesn't it? The current usage is revenue collector and legbreaker for the state. I don't think that population density requires that. A security force whose job it is to keep ruffians out would fulfill the job I would care to have police administer, but they would simply call that "private security".

It depends what you mean by "police" doesn't it? The current usage is revenue collector and legbreaker for the state. I don't think that population density requires that. A security force whose job it is to keep ruffians out would fulfill the job I would care to have police administer, but they would simply call that "private security".

So you want the police to keep out the ruffians, but you don't want the police to be equally armed as the ruffians. So, what, the police is just gonna talk real nice to the gangbangers and armed robbers?

The problem with "private," for-profit, security, is that they are muscles for hire for the highest bidder. Mercenaries, right?

So you want the police to keep out the ruffians, but you don't want the police to be equally armed as the ruffians. So, what, the police is just gonna talk real nice to the gangbangers and armed robbers?

I want the *current* police disarmed. The thieves and scoundrels. *My* police can be armed. What gangbangers? Without prohibition, organized crime goes bye-bye. Police don't stop armed robbers now, they just hope to catch them later.

The problem with "private," for-profit, security, is that they are muscles for hire for the highest bidder. Mercenaries, right?

I don't see this as a problem.

I want the *current* police disarmed. The thieves and scoundrels. *My* police can be armed. What gangbangers? Without prohibition, organized crime goes bye-bye. Police don't stop armed robbers now, they just hope to catch them later.

I don't see this as a problem.

Sounding like anarcho-capitalism, you must think the current state of affairs in Iraq is heaven.

However, I can't stand being mellow, and being aware of being mellow, and being incapable of doing anything about being mellow. Hence why weed isn't for me I guess.

Hahaha - to me the above sounds like

"I cant understand why I get these blistering headaches and am losing my sight after drinking cheap moonshine, drinking isnt for me."

Try some nice bourbon or even better yet, some grapefruit diesel.

I'd say you and Stego are most in need of the giggly twig.

ETA: Balefront it sounds like you were smoking a strong Sativa while SNAY was smoking a relaxing Indica, I suggest you two swap stashes immediately!

Shryke,

So who's gonna stop "Private Security" from arming themselves and going around busting the heads of anyone they don't like?

Presumably, the threat of the other private security outfits doing the same to their employers.

Tormund,

What is the benefit of private over public legbreakers?

Shryke,

Presumably, the threat of the other private security outfits doing the same to their employers.

:rofl: You assume they'll still be alive? :rofl:

I'm getting really fucking tired of drugs derailing every fucking thread.

Blame the dirteh pot smokers and their short term memories.

Plus the OP was a story about the police going in heavy handed because of a bad tip involving drug dealing.

Ok guys, I was in a bad mood, and I take it back. Enjoy the green. :P

I'm not a fan of coke btw, I mean I did enjoy it for a small period of time, but it turns me into an asshole (yes, even more than usual). However, I can't stand being mellow, and being aware of being mellow, and being incapable of doing anything about being mellow. Hence why weed isn't for me I guess.

Haha fair enough, I don't smoke but if someone wants to make some hash cakes I might try em (never have yet though but I'm open to the experience :P)

The US police are clearly all on steroids (I should say the crappy old stuff and not the new fangled crap. Don't hit me Stego).

I watched a program recently about Afghanistan, and apparantly most of the Taleban fighters are high on stimulants, poppy-juice and adrenaline. Dunno why that would be relevant, but yeah.

What is the benefit of private over public legbreakers?

Well, private ones would not be breaking legs now will they? Why would you hire someone to break your own legs? Private ones could be fired. People use private security all the time. There's a security guard at the front desk of my office. They do an admirable job making sure people don't park in our lot or steal our client's information.

Raids might not be an isolated incident, but the kind of thing shown in the video is. If it were not rare then it would not be newsworthy.

The police would look a lot better, if they said something like "Sorry, our bad. Especially shooting your corgie was a bit over the top. Maybe we shouldn't go raiding houses on anonymous tips alone." after such rare cases. Instead they will typically try to charge the raided household with anything remotely possible.

Archived