Aussies L

Paxter

Well, Luce, I'm going to put my head on the chopping block and say that Hirdy's appointment will be a failure. It has the potential to be Michael Voss all over again really.

Actually, looking at that old thread, we had hopes of doing an A-League tipping comp. Whatever happened to that idea? I need to beat Horza in something, since he seems to win most of the football arguments and his team is better than mine in terms of Toilet Seats won...

Other funny thing about that thread: Brady actually posted in it. Don't love us any more Brades? :P

It's okay Pax. I'm highly dubious as well.

But apart from failing to win games, we do have a bit of a morale problem at Essendon. Matty Knights' dumping was done quite poorly and I think the Board is out of touch. I think the Board is trying to overcompensate in other areas just because the club is getting kicked out of Windy Hill by the BOWLS CLUB and they can't stop it!

Can hear lots of people (mainly Hawks supporters, actually) saying suffer in your jocks, it's what you deserve, blah blah blah. But I don't think the competition benefits from having a weak Essendon FC. Think of the ticket sales that the AFL generates from having teams pull in big crowds. It's the same thing with Collingwood. Dislike them but they're good for the competition. So if Hirdy can't lift us that much higher on the ladder I'd still be happy with a Melbourne-esque rejuvenation where supporters are in general just much more supportive and there is a better "feel" at the club.

Now that my friend has swapped jobs and I no longer have access to Westpac's corporate seats at Telstra Dome (yes, I still call it that) I guess I can go and sit withe plebs to practise what I preach!

Have you been drinking again Pax?

Nah, just bored out of my brain when I'm supposed to be studying.

@Stubs: How dare you belittle one of my finest moments on this board? That was much more than a mere "gratuitous sledge"!

He's a student and it's warm over there. Of course he's been drinking.

Cherish these times cos when he becomes a lawyer he'll be moving onto cocaine (according to the stereotypes!)

You're dead right. In Melbourne we had a little chat about this and Paxter seemed to know quite a bit about it. Maybe he's already a user?

<_<

Luce and Ski ganging up on me? Et tu, Brute? Jeez, you two are really great mates. Knew I could count on you through thick and thin... :P

BTW, just cracked open a stubby of Pure Blonde. Expect more angry spamming of the Aussies thread now...

Luce and Ski ganging up on me? Et tu, Brute? Jeez, you two are really great mates. Knew I could count on you through thick and thin... :P

BTW, just cracked open a stubby of Pure Blonde. Expect more angry spamming of the Aussies thread now...

You know I'm just providing some social commentary about the plight of lawyers - that was PLIGHT not blight ...

And if your feelings are already hurt - I'm forcibly restraining myself from making snide comments about boys who drink Pure Blonde :-P

Haha and I've also turned you into a boozehound. My work here is complete.

You know I'm just providing some social commentary about the plight of lawyers - that was PLIGHT not blight ...

And if your feelings are already hurt - I'm forcibly restraining myself from making snide comments about boys who drink Pure Blonde :-P

Well I drink Blonde if its the only available option between VB, Carlton or Tooheys New. Mind you I'd just prefer vodka!

VODKA!

Luce, fire as many snide remarks in my direction as you like. Blonde is what's in the fridge, it's 27 degrees outside and I'm thoroughly enjoying it :cheers:.

Ski, damn I didn't manage to convert you at all. Unless of course you are currently sitting at home speaking italian, eating cereal and dreaming about what it would be like to make a test century at the WACA...

And Luce, a word of warning: don't get Ski thinking about vodka right now - painkillers and Russian alcoholic beverages reportedly don't mix. Frankly though, I'm surprised Newcastle has any supplies of vodka left since his return from Melbourne.

Luce, fire as many snide remarks in my direction as you like. Blonde is what's in the fridge, it's 27 degrees outside and I'm thoroughly enjoying it :cheers:.

Dammit. Any tiff can be won by pointing out the weather outside of Melbourne to a Melbournite.

Ski, damn I didn't manage to convert you at all. Unless of course you are currently sitting at home speaking italian, eating cereal and dreaming about what it would be like to make a test century at the WACA...

I actually have a decent Italian vocabulary. Did anybody use the Avanti books at school? Remember gems such as "che cosa fai, Faye?" or "Dario e sempre in ritardo"?

And Luce, a word of warning: don't get Ski thinking about vodka right now - painkillers and Russian alcoholic beverages reportedly don't mix. Frankly though, I'm surprised Newcastle has any supplies of vodka left since his return from Melbourne.

Oh. Now I remember which one Ski is!

I actually have a decent Italian vocabulary. Did anybody use the Avanti books at school? Remember gems such as "che cosa fai, Faye?" or "Dario e sempre in ritardo"?

Really? Che cosa fai, Faye? That's priceless. :lol:

The phrase that I think everybody loved most at my school was: "quanti anni hai" - it just rolled off the tongue.

The phrase that I think everybody loved most at my school was: "quanti anni hai" - it just rolled off the tongue.

I reckon "quanti anni hai" was only popular cos I remember how teenagers pick up:

How old are you? (are you legal)

Where do you go? (what is your socio-economic status)

Wanna get? (are you easy)

I reckon "quanti anni hai" was only popular cos I remember how teenagers pick up:

How old are you? (are you legal)

Where do you go? (what is your socio-economic status)

Wanna get? (are you easy)

:lol:

My naïvety is evident from the fact that I'd never thought of it this way.

Ah Gary, you've really made my morning...

Yeah, maybe the end of an era at Kardinia Park. I give Ablett credit though for being honest about the main reason for the move, not every player would be so candid about it.

Deja fucking sky blue.

At least they're picking up points, which is more than I can say for Glory recently. TBH I'm a bit surprised that NQF have dropped off so badly, they looked really competitive at the start of the season.

Yeah, maybe the end of an era at Kardinia Park. I give Ablett credit though for being honest about the main reason for the move, not every player would be so candid about it.

I think the Ablett move is pretty sad, but I guess the days of club loyalty overiding everything else are gone. I do think the way it dragged out burnt a lot of good will, but only the most embittered fan could say that he didn't give enough to the GFC to be able walk away head held high.

From an AFL POV, surely they wouldhave to be thrilled...in one stroke the Gold Coast Suns have total credibility.

Archived