Aussies L

Paxter

As an outside observer, I have to say it's a bit ridiculous that the regular season and every final game has overtime, but the Grand Final doesn't. On top of that, there's no mechanism to force a winner except to have a rematch the following week. Technically, if the match next week is a draw, then they'd have to play again the following week...

Even soccer, a game that pretty much embraces the tie, has instituted a way to force an eventual winner besides, "Well, that sucked. Guess you have to play the whole game again!"

Other than that, it was a fantastic match. I was really hoping the Saints could pull it out. Hopefully next week they finish the job...

@Simhanada: I chose the balls because I wanted to eat something, I like to eat balls, and you guys were all over the sausages.

As much as it pains me to admit this, seeing as how Collingwood were involved, but that was a fucking awesome game of football. Best contest I've seen for a very long time - and not just in GF's either.

As much as it pains me to admit this, seeing as how Collingwood were involved, but that was a fucking awesome game of football. Best contest I've seen for a very long time - and not just in GF's either.

Agreed, what an absolutely incredible game. As good as last year's for quality, and even better for drama.

I hope the replay isn't a flop. You know those guys are going to be absolutely knackered for a few games at least.

Agreed, what an absolutely incredible game. As good as last year's for quality, and even better for drama.

I hope the replay isn't a flop. You know those guys are going to be absolutely knackered for a few games at least.

As a showcase for the game of AFL football it was phenomenal.

As a showcase for the administration of AFL football it was deplorable.

As a showcase for the game of AFL football it was phenomenal.

As a showcase for the administration of AFL football it was deplorable.

agree agree agree

cringing thinking about watching the rematch next week.... hope it will be of the same calibre of saturdays match, otherwise it will just feel as if someones been cheated out of a final. so it goes i suppose.

@K-Boy: Good to see you embracing the local game :thumbsup:.

@Stubs: Yeah, it was a great game. I'm kind of looking forward to doing the whole thing again next weekend, although I'll try not to drink as much second time around so I can actually watch it properly.

ETA: And yeah Stormie, hope Malt caught the game after all that. Really doesn't get too much better.

@Stubs: Yeah, it was a great game. I'm kind of looking forward to doing the whole thing again next weekend, although I'll try not to drink as much second time around so I can actually watch it properly.

Depending on how project deck goes you might care to come down and watch it with us?

nsw bash

so it looks like karaoke + lazer tag are the faves...then its up to Jewey, Ski, Horza and I to get the rest of you so drunk that karaoke seems like a good idea!

incase anyone likes to start saving pennies:

lazer tag = $23 for two missions (lasting about 40 min total)

strike bowling = 2 games for $32 (im sure we could get a better price if there are at least ten of us)

these places are city central...short stroll to china town where we could find a cheap tasty meal...the fantastic dodgy k-bars range from $50 per hours to i think around $10 per person? but seriously, you do want to be drunk for these...walls kicked in (karaoke agression is rife my friends, rife), walls graffittied on, dodgy midi-file style tunes for those where they dont wanna pay for music rights...terrible singing and screaming coming from other rooms....seriously, no one cares how you sing its just some people getting together and enjoying some tunes...and if you really dont want to sing there is often a tamborine or a little mini drum to tap along too :wideeyed:

@Stubs: Sounds like a plan mate. Drop me a txt during the week to confirm.

@Stormie: If this happens any time between the 12th and 27th of November, I could probably make an appearance (I've got a gap between exams and flying out to Africa). That probably won't sit well with morningsword though, because IIRC she's in South America during that time. Also, it might be a bit early :dunno:.

although I'll try not to drink as much second time around so I can actually watch it properly.

You definitely were drunk, waking me up with your drunken texts :P

nsw bash

so it looks like karaoke + lazer tag are the faves...then its up to Jewey, Ski, Horza and I to get the rest of you so drunk that karaoke seems like a good idea!

1. Sounds good

2. Whilst getting other people drunk may I also get rather trashy?

3. When?

You definitely were drunk, waking me up with your drunken texts :P

Yeah, well, at least it wasn't VB this time. I should have heeded Jebus' warning at the Crown that Saturday night and not touched the VB. I blame Gryph for that - he was drinking it so I joined him.

BTW Ski, I like how you post in the chat thread and then desert Yuku within 10 minutes of posting. Classy :lol:.

Yeah, well, at least it wasn't VB this time. I should have heeded Jebus' warning at the Crown that Saturday night and not touched the VB. I blame Gryph for that - he was drinking it so I joined him.

BTW Ski, I like how you post in the chat thread and then desert Yuku within 10 minutes of posting. Classy :lol:.

VB does stand for Very Bad, so more fool you for drinking it. And I left chat because The Wire was calling me.

nsw bash

sounds good

when and where

( not certain re karaoke, but willing to give it a burl)

VB does stand for Very Bad, so more fool you for drinking it. And I left chat because The Wire was calling me.

Ah, I should have guessed. The world of Sobotka, McNulty, Barksdale et. al. can be irresistible at times...

sounds good

when and where

( not certain re karaoke, but willing to give it a burl)

Give it a burl? Now that's new Aussie slang even for me - you East coasters are craaaazy. But if I'm there, I will definitely be putting the hard word on you to join us for drunken karaoke shenanigans :thumbsup:.

I'm thinking we should also just do a normal dinner/drinking thing for a few hours beforehand though, because not everyone will be up for laser tag/karaoke (and yes, I'm looking at you Brades you kill-joy :P).

My singing once made my kids cry, I really doubt you could all get me drunk enough for karaoke, I'm willing to come along and laugh at everyone else though :)

nsw bash

Challenge accepted!

On another note. Bloody tigers!

I agree with you, Phil Gould is the biggest idiot in rugby league. May he rot in hell along with the Saints.

Phil Gould is a gronk. Worst commentator in the history of commentators. He makes watching the origin series painful with all his crap about "the nsw boys need to step up and show some heart"... "you see that tackle ray, thats their heart coming through. That kick was from the heart. Oh you can smell a comeback, the boys are showing some true heart"..... Sack that man pls!

Rant over

Project Deck went well today, until the batteries on the Black & Decker ran dry.

We ripped out 1000+ screws and roughly 90% of the decking. Tomorrow we'll finish off the rest and be ready for the decking bloke to come on Tuesday and finish the install. We had to rip out all the old timbers but leave the joists intact so he can re-use them.

Only catch is that I do not have my outdoor seating for sitting and reading my book this afternoon. Somewhow I feel less than complete.

I also don't understand why they don't play extra time. Having said that, it's awesome that we keep to have another week of footy cos you'll recall I was gearing up for post-football blues. And I love all those people who have been saying "can't wait for the season to be over, hate football, blah blah." SUCK IT!

I mega-love Lenny Hayes. I always see him as the real St Kilda captain, no offense to Nick, but Lenny delivers at crucial moments.

For those who weren't in Melbourne, a massive storm blew over the city about 7 mins after the game finished. The whole thing (draw, flooded rooms, massive storm) truly felt like some sort of apocalypse!

And to back it up I had to go to my sister's 16th bday today, completely hung over. Imagine a dozen girls screaming along to Blondie on Guitar Hero. Head hurts.

Archived