Aussies L

Paxter

Seeing as reverting to my usual pessimism seems to have paid off I'm just going to say we're obviously going to get smashed next week.

Noone will ever be able to say I jinxed them again ;-)

But go tiges!! I never thought they'd be able to back up from last week, what an effort!

Also I can never see Bronson Harrison play without wanting to send Tim Sheens hate mail, that kid wanted nothing more but to be a tiger for life when Sheens started sabotaging his career and forced him out :(

Well Paxter, it looks like both of us get to endure floggings. Fortunately, I am not surrounded by Collingwood supporters, which makes this a LITTLE easier to swallow...

Tell me about it. My dad is a part-time Magpies fan (he supported them before Freo came into the comp) and he's currently sporting a Cheshire Cat-like smile.

Also: Newcastle 2 Perth 0

@brook: at least someone in this thread is happy tonight...

Paxy, I am duty-bound to inform you that Dave Mitchell is a fraud and he and his team of aging overpaid hacks are stealing a living at the expense of the cashed-up bogans and expat Englishmen of Perth.

Tell me about it. My dad is a part-time Magpies fan (he supported them before Freo came into the comp) and he's currently sporting a Cheshire Cat-like smile.

Also: Newcastle 2 Perth 0

@brook: at least someone in this thread is happy tonight...

Part time Magpies supporters - those pricks are everywhere aren't they?

Ah well, I think I've come to the realisation that if Ablett goes we are in a bit of strife.

Ah well, I think I've come to the realisation that if Ablett goes we are in a bit of strife.

After three consecutive grand finals and two premierships, you guys probably deserve to be in a bit of strife. 2011 will be the year of the Docker :ninja:.

@Horz: Glory are the overpaid hacks of the A-League? Based on what I've seen this season, I would look no further than these guys.

After three consecutive grand finals and two premierships, you guys probably deserve to be in a bit of strife. 2011 will be the year of the Docker :ninja:.

@Horz: Glory are the overpaid hacks of the A-League? Based on what I've seen this season, I would look no further than these guys.

You'll need Barlow back to make a real run at it I'd think.

I would be very happy if Collingwood inexplicably slides next year. Stranger things have happened. So long as Hawthorn doesn't take their place. God I hate those pricks with a burning passion!

@Pax: Lolz! You're paying over the odds for washed-up Socceroo never-wases like Mile 'I Only Score In Friendlies' Sterjovski, Jacob 'Chopper' Burns (can you believe he was once an attacking midfielder?) and Chris Coyne while your genius coach wastes Fowler alone up front and keeps geniune talents like Jukic and Jelic languishing. You guys need Sikora back fast, he's the only one who can make Mitchell's 4-5-1 For Dummies work.

We on the other hand actually reduced our wage bill (which wasn't such a great move in retrospect), convey NYL talent into our first team regularly and have merely been the victims of bad luck, injuries, a weak transfer window and Scott Jamieson.

We on the other hand actually reduced our wage bill (which wasn't such a great move in retrospect), convey NYL talent into our first team regularly and have merely been the victims of bad luck, injuries, a weak transfer window and Scott Jamieson.

Horza, when you became a Knight of the Flaming Cheese, did you take vows of deceit, deception and distortion? Your catalogue of excuses is longer than Katter's list of legislative demands. I was almost expecting to see "flying fox attacks" cited as a reason for FC's insipidity...

Seriously though, I agree about Fowler and Sikora and I'd like to see Jukic get more game-time. Jelic a genuine talent though? Dunno.

You're right, the main reason we suck is that this has all been a bad dream and tomorrow I'll wake up on the 7th of August ready to FTT we lost a whole lot of experience and the new side hasn't gelled. Mostly that was unavoidable because the new regime wanted space in the cap for next season when 2/3rds of the team went off contract, in which light Aloisi wasn't worth paying over the odds for one more year, Colosimo and Bolton ditto and Kisel was asking for 300k+, greedy feck. The calculation was that Reddy was a good replacement for Boutsa (true) Ryall or Jurman would step up (former has), Foxe would fill the gap left by Colosimo (nope), Jamieson and Kofi would give us width (fucker really hasn't moved on since 2008-09, ditto Kofi) Carle would rip this league up (been stymied by lack of width) and we'd get a target man to add a plan B (six weeks too late).

Oh and then the heart and soul of the team got injured.

As for you guys: Jelic is a natural poacher, if I was dumb enough to play Fowler upfront without a bank of attacking midfielders (you know, how normal people play lone striker systems) I'd at least want Jelic behind to play off him.

ETA: Also, Glory just conceded against Newcastle. This is going to be another shithouse weekend...

Ah, The Jets win against Perth. Life couldn't get much sweeter.... or could it?

What's that I hear you say? The mighty Tigers get up and proceed through the finals! LIKE A TIGER! LIKE A TIGER!

Brook, we are in the money now baby!

Enjoy it while you can Swifty.

It's not out of the question that the Jets will be in receivership within a year and the Tigers will get thrashed next week :devil:. (Sorry brook, nothing personal, just that Ski seems to be in dire need of an ego-check).

(Sorry brook, nothing personal, just that Ski seems to be in dire need of an ego-check).

My extended family is pretty much evenly split between Saints and Tigers supporters, I will be coping it all week :)

I watched a couple of Aussie Rules games on the TV when I was down in Australia, and it was fun. Now I'm back in the UK, do any of you know if the final will be streamed on the Internet? I don't have the ESPN UK channel, which is where the games are shown here.

I watched a couple of Aussie Rules games on the TV when I was down in Australia, and it was fun. Now I'm back in the UK, do any of you know if the final will be streamed on the Internet? I don't have the ESPN UK channel, which is where the games are shown here.

There's no legal means of streaming AFL games live on the internet that I'm aware of Malt, but I dare say a google search on Grand Final day could uncover somewhat...less legitimate means of watching the game.

Adamsputnik might be able to offer further information, since he is accustomed to gaining access to AFL coverage outside Australia.

In any case, the GF looks like it might be a pretty average game this year - the Magpies are a cut above both StK and the Bulldogs IMO.

Yeah, the AFL website is definitely not going to have what you're looking for.

TBH Malt, the best thing would be to go to Birmingham's Walkabout Pub, which you can virtually guarantee will be broadcasting the GF live on a big screen.

ETA: Coll v StK Grand Final confirmed. Has all of the makings of a pretty crappy GF - I don't really like either club that much. On a "lesser of two evils" basis though, I'll be going for the Saints.

ETA: Coll v StK Grand Final confirmed. Has all of the makings of a pretty crappy GF - I don't really like either club that much. On a "lesser of two evils" basis though, I'll be going for the Saints.

100% agreed.

Archived