Aussies L

Paxter

Karaoke no - I wouldn't inflict that on anyone.

Paintball no - I've seen the resulting welts!

But, otherwise, the idea of a meet-up is great, and all the other suggestions are cool. As for dates, I'm in South America for most of November, I'll be back on the 25th though not sure if I'll be suffering major jet lag that weekend! Ser Camaris wanted to organise a meet in Dec when he's in Sydney, so maybe we can fit it in then, if not we'll just have to have two BWB xmas piss-ups, what a shame!

in the spirit of meetups:

NSW end of year bash anyone?

Last week in Nov/First in Dec? Thought I'd chuck it out there now as it always seems to come before we know...and from dec onwards i do not have a life outside of work :stillsick: sure im not the only one :)

some ideas:

dinner - some tasty nom noms in the inner city

laser gun place

bowling

go karting

karaoke

could do a more relaxed approach with a picnic at the gardens

cocktail lesson shin dig

dominate at a trivia night, and whatever we win depends on how much we can spend the rest of the night

Theres a laser tag AND bowling place combined into one in Darling Harbour and then a short walk away is China Town, infamous home of karaoke bars, and along the way we could be drinking cocktails and grab some dinner... Maybe we could steal some go karts and paintball guns as well. I can see it now. The most Legen -wait for it- dary night in the history of the BWB and maybe the entirety of history.

Theres a laser tag AND bowling place combined into one in Darling Harbour and then a short walk away is China Town, infamous home of karaoke bars, and along the way we could be drinking cocktails and grab some dinner... Maybe we could steal some go karts and paintball guns as well. I can see it now. The most Legen -wait for it- dary night in the history of the BWB and maybe the entirety of history.

Damn you New South Welshmen! The equivalent evening's entertainment in Perth would probably be a scintillating evening of bingo at the Gosnells Bowling Club, followed by tea and biscuits and a late-night viewing of the latest episode of Letters and Numbers on SBS...

What've you got planned for the big 21st JewBear?

Wow we have one BwB meet in melbourne and suddenly everyone wants to meet everyone?

Gee golly and gosh ( just wanted to get them out of the way )could it be that they have heard of the beauty of our board maidens?

Nay surely not none could so base a knave.

Seriously it is amazing and I am STILL missing everyone

So many memories just keep returning time and again and of course with them some of the joy from the occasion.

So yes by all means meet these mysterious people you have been talking to on the internet I think that by and large you will find them to be pretty much as you find them here

the thing is that even those who tend to disagree still get along at a meet.

Crazy I know but people who have in the past been practically foaming at the keyboard because of something stupid said, well they get along great with a few ales under the belt :)

Also when you can have other visual and auditory information then certain questions or comments are not how they appear in type.

Granted I haven't been to a lot of K-bars, but most of the ones I've been to aren't in Chinatown itself.

Wow we have one BwB meet in melbourne and suddenly everyone wants to meet everyone?

Gee golly and gosh ( just wanted to get them out of the way )could it be that they have heard of the beauty of our board maidens?

Nay surely not none could so base a knave.

Well Gryphon. I didn't even meet you but thanks for the flattery :P (I'm gonna assume you were talking about me, ha ha)

If I were in NSW I would totally choose karaoke. The other thing that would be fun that would totally work would be a Guitar Hero/ Board Games night.

I'm already starting to get the post-football pre-summer blues. There's just nothing in October/ November that entices me. Maybe because I've never been interested in going to the races. Hanging out with crowds and crowds of people burned to a crisp who are also highly flammable (due to amounts of hairspray, synthetic material and blood/alcohol ratio), lining up to go to disgusting bathrooms, paying a ridiculous mark-up on booze ... and then there's the "getting home" issue. *shudders*

Can't we, like, just get really drunk and make fun of someone? (Ski)

Are you sure you weren't at Aussiecon Brades? Because that's a pretty accurate description of what went on (OK we met George as well, but that was really no big deal...)

@Luce: Yeah, know what you mean about pre-summer blues - I'm hanging out for the first game of the domestic cricket season in a few weeks time (Warriors v Bushrangers @ the WACA - you guys are going down!). I need to get my cricket fix early this year because I'm missing the Ashes courtesy of an Africa/Europe trip :thumbsdown:.

Are you sure you weren't at Aussiecon Brades? Because that's a pretty accurate description of what went on ...

He was probably that bloke we saw on the 3rd day - you know, the one with the headphones and the Rick Astley t-shirt?

Urgh. Collingwood already 6 goals up against the Cats :thumbsdown:.

Hope there's a comeback but I'm not seeing it at this stage.

ETA: Well, they're 11 goals down now so no chance for the Cats. As much as I don't mind seeing them experience what we went through last week, I really can't stand the 'Pies.

ETA: Also, Glory just conceded against Newcastle. This is going to be another shithouse weekend...

Archived