Aussies L

Paxter

Saints aren't gelling in the final 3rd - they need to quit punting on 4-and-2 and sell the forward pack the dummy. Getting the hang of this AFL stuff.

Horz, we should have stuck to A-League this week - the Central Coast game looked like a goodie.

Drunk again Paxter, things aren't looking good for you my friend.

Tsk tsk.

Drunk? I'll have you know that our meet-up was the very embodiment of sobriety, and large parts of the afternoon were devoted to thoughtful repartee and long, complex games of chess. The boorish game of AFL was scarcely mentioned, let alone viewed :hat:.

OK, that's probably a slight (maybe even major) embellishment. There may have been some AFL watching, Aussiecon reminiscing and drunken calls for Eddie McGuire to die in a fire. But it was a thoroughly enjoyable Perth meet-up all the same.

Highlights:

- Discovering that Stubs and laoise have constructed a moat around their flashy new decking to keep out undesirables (read: visiting Novacastrians);

- Stubby spilling mustard all over his Brisbane Lions polo after having a few beers, only to re-emerge from his room with yet another Brisbane Lions polo on.

Most anticipated event of our next meet-up:

- An insane drum solo from laoise.

As for NHAW, I'd be more inclined to participate if I felt even remotely comfortable asking someone to photograph me playing a forward defensive while wearing nothing more than a cricket helmet and box...so I'm going to have to stick with the perfection that is Rahul Dravid for now.

Most anticipated event of our next meet-up:

- An insane drum solo from laoise.

Would you compromise and take a really inept and crap drum solo? Otherwise, it's going to be a long time before we have another meet-up.

Aussiecon was just one big drunken blur to you, wasn't it!

Thanks R, it's about time someone paid out on Ski for his drunken shenanigans. He can "tsk" all he likes, but he really doesn't have the moral high-ground where drinking is concerned.

Not sure about the "Knight of the Spicy Meat" title though, because I seem to remember someone telling me that GRRM simply dubbed him "Ser Ski the Last" and there was no mention of the Spicy Meat part of the title.

Would you compromise and take a really inept and crap drum solo? Otherwise, it's going to be a long time before we have another meet-up.

Nah, the next meet-up will be in less than a week, when I come to reclaim the hoodie that I inevitably left at yours (at least it wasn't my wallet this time).

As for the drum solo, better get practising laoise :whip:.

Nah, the next meet-up will be in less than a week, when I come to reclaim the hoodie that I inevitably left at yours (at least it wasn't my wallet SOCK this time).

As for the drum solo, better get practising laoise :whip:.

Fixed that for you!

Fuck. Why did I have to go and add that bit in brackets to the end of the sentence? :dunce:

Your drum solo is going to have to be out of this world now to make up for that cheap shot. Otherwise I'm just going to have to start up my own splinter Perth BwB which will involve me and...well, just me really.

As for NHAW, I'd be more inclined to participate if I felt even remotely comfortable asking someone to photograph me playing a forward defensive while wearing nothing more than a cricket helmet and box...so I'm going to have to stick with the perfection that is Rahul Dravid for now.

That's a really good idea mate, set up a digital camera or video camera and have it set on some sort of timer.

Aussiecon was just one big drunken blur to you, wasn't it!

Who are you again? Parris? :laugh:

Ok, just kidding with my above questions.

Thanks R, it's about time someone paid out on Ski for his drunken shenanigans. He can "tsk" all he likes, but he really doesn't have the moral high-ground where drinking is concerned.

Not sure about the "Knight of the Spicy Meat" title though, because I seem to remember someone telling me that GRRM simply dubbed him "Ser Ski the Last" and there was no mention of the Spicy Meat part of the title.

I can tsk all I like buddy. Where as I'm a well known booze hound, you are a respectable member of the Deigo Community and need to hold up its most strictest sobriety levels!

And I think morningsword was referring to Spicy Meat in reference to my well sculpted naked body.

Nah, the next meet-up will be in less than a week, when I come to reclaim the hoodie that I inevitably left at yours (at least it wasn't my walletSOCK this time).

Paxter you just got :owned:

True. Though he's still of the Order of the Spicy Meat and although GRRM didn't specify a title he was still 'knighted'. Just thought it would be perfect for NHAW.

That's a really good idea mate, set up a digital camera or video camera and have it set on some sort of timer.

As elegant and technically correct as my forward defensive is, no one should have to suffer the experience of watching me play it in the nick. So, yep, I'm sticking with Rahul.

I can tsk all I like buddy. Where as I'm a well known booze hound, you are a respectable member of the Deigo Community and need to hold up its most strictest sobriety levels!

Hey? Italian-Australians are quite well known for their wines, grappa and boozy weddings (which invariably culminate in

I wouldn't say that sobriety is a key facet of our cultural identity.

True. Though he's still of the Order of the Spicy Meat and although GRRM didn't specify a title he was still 'knighted'. Just thought it would be perfect for NHAW.

Touché R :fencing:. I defer to your superior knowledge on the subject of BwB knightings (having not been involved in one myself it's difficult for me to comment really...)

Glad I didn't go to the game today - that's four losses in a row now for Glory. And that one was particularly cruel with Brisbane getting a 94th minute winner courtesy of an own goal :crying:.

Hope the Grand Final weekend is going better for the East Coasters (although for memory we don't have any St George fans on the board).

six months of happy St George fans will not be fun.

A Roosters win would have been much better, the chances of ever running into an actual roosters fan is so low it really doesn't matter.

I'm just worried that next year we'll see every team trying to ape the same horribly boring style of play, it may win matches but its just awful to watch.

Archived