Community - Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

Agreed that Annie was great, but this episode was transcendent for the Dean, who's now number 3 on my list for "Reliably Funny Characters," (behind Troy and Jeff, respsectively.) Seriously, this is a character that could be HORRIBLY off-putting in the hands of the wrong writers/actor. They've managed to play around with his sexuality JUST enough (I personally think Pelton is pansexual, not merely gay) and despite his flamboyance, I would almost call him "under-acted" by Jim Rash. Breakout comedic character of the season on Community, if not TV in general.

Side note: Though I don't find her as funny as other characters, Annie became my second favorite overall character last night, behind Jeff.

Forgot to mention, I was wearing a hoodie at class today, and I couldn't stop thinking, "Would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!"

He was trying to speak Polish. Pavel is Polish ;)

Also, the Dean is definitely pansexual (omnisexual?). We've seen him flirt with Jeff, comment on a variety of different situations ("This better not awaken any feelings in me"), he also put out an ad on Craigslist or whatever for furries during the season one finale.

He'll try anything once, is what I'm saying.

The dean was very very funny yesterday but I'm growing increasingly worried with how his sexuality is being portrayed. He was definitely pansexual last year but I think they're leaning towards making him gay this season. The "not thumbs" joke and yesterdays "tell your father craig" line from professorson.

Been reading on the forums that britta and jeff might be hooking. Evidence from her reactions to jeff and annie and her knowledge of his usual underwear.

Oh Danny Pudi is actually half polish.

Totally missed this at the time but loved the parade interrupting the chase scene. Such a classic thriller cliche. And it was a latvian independence day parade, perfectly timed! and the shortcut through the civil rights museum lol

"I dreamed of playing charades with you Jeffrey, but not like this, and not on dry land!"

The Dean is very funny, but sometimes he's a little too reminiscent of the Henry Winkler character from Arrested Development, IMO. My favourite secondary character is Leonard. "I stole these blankets from my son's place!"

I also liked the random encounter with Britta in the creepy/weird section of Fluffytown.

"I dreamed of playing charades with you Jeffrey, but not like this, and not on dry land!"

The Dean is very funny, but sometimes he's a little too reminiscent of the Henry Winkler character from Arrested Development, IMO. My favourite secondary character is Leonard. "I stole these blankets from my son's place!"

Anyone else get flashbacks of J. Walter Weatherman from Arrested Development when the cop came in at the end of the ep?

Has anyone else noticed how much is going on in terms of looks, glances, facial expressions and sort of overlooked statements this season? Dan Harmon definitely wants us to think there is something going on between Britta and Jeff, and there's obvious chemistry between Annie and Jeff.

Anyone else get flashbacks of J. Walter Weatherman from Arrested Development when the cop came in at the end of the ep?

The whole "lesson" thing had total AD undertones to it. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was definitely echoing J Walter Weatherman.

Has anyone else noticed how much is going on in terms of looks, glances, facial expressions and sort of overlooked statements this season? Dan Harmon definitely wants us to think there is something going on between Britta and Jeff, and there's obvious chemistry between Annie and Jeff.

Oh, definitely. I think they've been doing it off and on, but by the time of the pen episode, they are probably "off." That's why they are both so snippy with each other about their date plans, "big plans this weekend?" "Can't complain." "I've got a catch to date," and Britta's annoyance with that cheesy statement.

Of course, this last episode had that shot of Jeff and Annie leaning in close as the blankets fell around them at the end, and there's the moment earlier where he's lying on top of her after shielding her from the "car bomb."

The whole "lesson" thing had total AD undertones to it. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was definitely echoing J Walter Weatherman.

You know, it might have been an intenetional nod to AD. I'll have to watch the episode again but one of the campus cops also played a cop on AD. He was one of the gay cops that was trying to adopt a baby.

eta: Nah, I re-watched it and not the same dude.

Such a good episode.

Crazy Annie is a treasure. Line like: "Annie's got a gun!" had me on the floor.

Also when Abed was Rowboat Cop one of his memos was "Build a blanket fort"..guess we see now if the rest are coming up. Also apparently November 18th, the day the show aired, was actually Latvian Independence Day. You kinda get the feeling the lionshare of their gags have more than one meaning. Dan Harmon's got some Rainman shit going on.

Anyone else notice that Pierce didn't have a single line in that episode? I only noticed on the third re-watch...it seemed intentional too - there were a couple of shots of him in the initial study room scene that went for joke-from-facial-expression, but no lines.

ST

EDIT: Also, Abed appeared to have a photo of a girl on the door to his room. A sister, maybe?

Archived