Community - Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

This is why the series is the best comedy on TV. It took a dumb premise (Annie loses her pen) and made it hysterical.

The monkey...was that Troy's monkey from the Goodfella's episode? And wasnt that monkey named ANNIE'S BOOBS?? :lol:

Last night's episode was definitely a great one. One of Dan Harmon's plans last year was to maintain a season without having to leave the campus. This year, he knew he wanted to step it up and take the study group outside. First episode simply showed us the characters bedrooms, but most other episodes led them further and further from campus. While there were certainly some funny plots or scenes, I've much preferred the on-campus stuff. Maybe it's just me, but with limited budgets, network shows fail pretty miserably with 'authentic' outside activities, so I much prefer seeing what can be accomplished on-set.

One of my all-time favorite episodes on television was an episode of Friends that took place entirely in Monica's apartment. Joey and Chandler were fighting over a chair, Monica was leaving voice messages to Tom Selleck, and Ross and Rachel were fighting. Bottle episode that lasted 22 minutes, showing us what the gang could accomplish (or fail to accomplish) in 22 minutes of their own time.

Anyway, great episode. BTW- did anyone catch Abed's "what does she mean, usually?" line after Britta commented on Jeff's change of underwear? Between her carrying condoms ("Big weekend?" "Can't complain") and the way Britta asked about Gwenifer (?), made me wonder.

Next week we meet Shirley's ex-ex-husband, played by Theo Huxtable himself, Malcolm Jamal Warner.

Good episode, but not great IMO. In the aggregate this show is feeling a little tired to me. It might be that the characters and environment are limited, so the parodies and fast jokes eventually seem repetitive and everything lacks growth/development. I still laugh at the jokes but it's becoming more and more of a hyper aware weekly skit show.

I think they're relying too much on Annie's hotness now.

I sound like such a grouch today. Community has been my favorite show since it started.

Anyway, great episode. BTW- did anyone catch Abed's "what does she mean, usually?" line after Britta commented on Jeff's change of underwear? Between her carrying condoms ("Big weekend?" "Can't complain") and the way Britta asked about Gwenifer (?), made me wonder.

Wow, you're totally right. I mean "Gwenifer"..c'mon!

I generally hate bottle episodes (they feel claustrophobic) but this one was fun.

Wow, you're totally right. I mean "Gwenifer"..c'mon!

I generally hate bottle episodes (they feel claustrophobic) but this one was fun.

In this case, the claustrophobia was quite intentional. It would have been nice if they played up or mentioned Pierce's claustrophobia again.

It seems there's some confusion concerning the Gwyniffer mentioned in the episode. It's a jab at a person on twitter who has been harassing Dan Harmon about being a racist since before Community even debuted.

Here's her twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/gwynnifer

She's pretty creepy. I'll never understand why people get these bizarre negative obsessions. It reminds me of those guys who write that endless blog about how mad they are at GRRM for not finishing his books fast enough and spend all their time ripping on things they don't like about the books. An obsession about something one loves actually makes sense, even when it's taken to an extreme that is a bit too far. But a negative obsession is all about hating something or someone...man, people just gotta let it go.

I'm kind of torn between Abed and Troy in the "Best One-liners"-competition. Abed's are usually funnier to me but depend more on context, whereas Troy's are as funny with or without context. Sometimes they're even funnier without context.

It seems there's some confusion concerning the Gwyniffer mentioned in the episode. It's a jab at a person on twitter who has been harassing Dan Harmon about being a racist since before Community even debuted.

Here's her twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/gwynnifer

Interesting. Well, the reference is. Not really sure what to make of that account.

Archived