Aussie LI

Ski the Swift

Well it was only the second quarter but England was leading by 2 goals in the netball

Paxter shearing Rams that weigh twice what you do as an average and worth many thousands of dollars is a privilege, what if while clearing around delicate areas I slipped and ruined the stud value?

Nah I was just helping with hauling the buggers to the shearer. even so those Rams were over twice the size of the unshorn Rams I saw in a truck today

That was after they had been shorn!

I was looking at the sheep in the truck and thinking hell could carry one of you for miles over my shoulder.

So life is not bad I guess, am starting to have a few doubts about this car I bought, now the door key has decided to rub through the button and that means the key only works manually now.more overtime tonight and while not on Ski's side of things it does mean that my birthday will be a good day :)

Did you get your assignment done?

Still a work in progress unfortunately. I have one due on the 22nd that I'd like to have done by Friday and two due on the 29th (one which I have't yet started).

On the bright side the cricket season starts this Saturday, although I'm back to coaching only this time around. Who knows how my old team will cope without "The Wall" around to blunt the opening bowlers...

@Luce: Heh, I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Aren't members of our profession supposed to be good with Roman Numerals? :whip:

Meanwhile, the cricket test is still going, more people there than the Commonwealth Games.

Yep, all is as it should be :thumbsup:.

Daem, are you any chance for this Sydney meet-up next month? Date looks to be November 13th at this stage (see BwB subforum for more details).

That invite applies to any others as well - we are trying to round up as many as we can for this next meet.

I'm in Sydney usually, just the day that GRRM was doing the signing at Galaxy I was not in Sydney. Grrrr...really annoyed at that.

LOL, I haven't seen any of you ever, and I wouldn't think that you've ever seen me. I wonder how much the mental picture I have of each of you corresponds to the real thing.

Gryph can you please learn to speak English? I read that paragraph about 20 times and didn't come to the same conclusion that Ski did. :P

But yeah, Happy Birthday for today if it's the case GS :cheers: :cheers:.

ETA: Well in the end I caved in and checked your profile. Looks like we're a few days too early.

Diamonds v Silver Ferns should be a cracker of a netty match. I miss watching netball on a Sunday arvo while recovering from Saturday night and then playing netball in the evening.

Tried to fill the void with indoor soccer last week - I now have a soccer-ball-shaped bruise on my right thigh to show for it. People say I was brave but truth be told, I was just too slow to get out of they way!

@Pax - I know all the Roman Numerals except C D L and M. :P Actually, I just got taught binary (in response to Sunday being 101010 being 42 --> Hitchhikers)so I think I will have to push Roman Numerals out of my limited brain capacity.

Cricket - all hail Tendulkar :-)

Pax, Horza:

Mitchell stands down as Glory head coach.

PERTH Glory coach Dave Mitchell has become the first coaching casualty of the A-League season after stepping down as senior coach.

Mitchell has been replaced by his assistant coach, former Scottish international Ian Ferguson, with Ferguson's first match in charge against his former club North Queensland Fury on Friday night.

Yeah, that's baffling. If Dave Mitchell wasn't the answer there's no way Fergie is. Interesting to see what Fowler says and does now that his bete noire is in charge again.

Bizarre. I saw the news at around midnight last night and woke my sister up just so I could rant about it to someone. Ferguson is just about the last person involved in the A-League who I would trust to turn our current form around :bang:.

Meanwhile, the cricket test is still going, more people there than the Commonwealth Games.

Yep.. and one couldn't get the cricket scores live on the radio :tantrum:

Cricket - all hail Tendulkar :-)

Word!!

Just in case anybody cares(and I know you do), I've just returned from my appointment with the Surgeon and the Physio. The arm & hand are cleaned up nicely and stitches came out sweet as. A total of twelve stitches.

I'm also going to still at home for another 4 weeks doing suitable duties. So get used to me around here... more so!

The surgeon basically said I was a very lucky person, as the two tendons that I cut through both respectively cover the main artery to my hand and the main nerve to my hand. I somehow missed cutting either of them, of which he's said he's never seen before.

I don't care that I have shit luck with everything else in life, if I have the good fortune to come out of this with a scar then I'm cheering.

Just in case anybody cares(and I know you do), I've just returned from my appointment with the Surgeon and the Physio. The arm & hand are cleaned up nicely and stitches came out sweet as. A total of twelve stitches.

I'm also going to still at home for another 4 weeks doing suitable duties. So get used to me around here... more so!

The surgeon basically said I was a very lucky person, as the two tendons that I cut through both respectively cover the main artery to my hand and the main nerve to my hand. I somehow missed cutting either of them, of which he's said he's never seen before.

I don't care that I have shit luck with everything else in life, if I have the good fortune to come out of this with a scar then I'm cheering.

Superman, indeed. Prepare a badass story for the scars, Ski. Might be useful when you go to Florida. :)

And by "suitable duties" you mean drunk texting, chat, and singing the blues away, right?

I'm in Sydney usually, just the day that GRRM was doing the signing at Galaxy I was not in Sydney. Grrrr...really annoyed at that.

LOL, I haven't seen any of you ever, and I wouldn't think that you've ever seen me. I wonder how much the mental picture I have of each of you corresponds to the real thing.

Well according to some I apparently fit the image they have of me. freaky is what I would call it.

Maybe now Australia will understand they are not number one in cricket anymore

Some good news for those of us travelling in the near future :thumbsup:.

@Horza: I hear that you might want to to have a little wager with me to the tune of $50? You're on. On the condition though that you don't wimp out when I inevitably propose a double-or-nothing bet. Also: damn you and your accurate A-League predictions. Man do Glory suck.

@GS: You may be freaky but we still like you well enough. Happy Birthday you old rogue :cheers: :cheers:.

And yeah, it's even taking me some time to adjust to the news that Australia are the number 5 ranked test team in the world. Maybe I'll have to actually start going for Australia soon?

Nope. Still hate 'em.

On the positive side though, I walked past the American Express outlet today in Penrith and they had big signs up saying "We don't have US Dollars".

It's better to have US Dollars at a lower rate of exchange than to have none :D

Archived