Aussie LI

Ski the Swift

Rugby?

Sorry I missed it fell asleep around 12 and slept right through the ghostrider DVD I bought

Rugby? GS get a grip :P. Aussies defeated Ireland last night in an International Rules game in Limerick.

Glory just went 1-0 down against Sydney FC :crying:. I hate you Horza.

ETA: Fuck that. I just switched the TV off and brought a few Heinekens back to my room. 2-0. :bang:

3-0.

Hmm. Had forgotten what winning feels like.

Quite nice, in case peeps were wondering.

McFlynn and Hiro had excellent games and Bruno was utterly dominant but not a particularly strong performance on the whole. Defence was shaky and we still get caught dwelling with the ball in dangerous areas.

However, Perth are abject, Paxy. Oldest and most expensive squad in the comp and we ran you into the ground while still looking crap ourselves.

But at least the hoodoo is off. And who knows, next week Ange's mob might not open us up like a tin can.

Hey Aussies! Hope all is well on your side of the Tassie.

Question for the Sydneysiders. Anyone been to Taronga Zoo recently? How's it looking? I'm thinking of taking the neice & nephew there when I visit next month.

Rugby? GS get a grip :P. Aussies defeated Ireland last night in an International Rules game in Limerick.

To be fair, it was a poor game. GS didn't miss much. Now, the match next weekend...that'll be worth watching. I think we'll clinch it.

Horza, did I mention that I hate you? Because I do.

And, damn, looks like we're missing out on Rooney. I really had my hopes up about that...

@ithanos: I hope we're still on for dinner and drinks in a few Fridays' time. That's the day after I finish my last ever exams and I'll desperately need to celebrate/drown my sorrows :cheers:.

Question for the Sydneysiders. Anyone been to Taronga Zoo recently? How's it looking? I'm thinking of taking the neice & nephew there when I visit next month.

Lots of construction work, but the completed areas look really good,and you can get really close to that cute ittle baby elephant at times too

hi ithanos!

we go to the zoo regulary here (actually, we are booked in to go to roar and snore this summer, so excited! sleep over at the zoo and everything!) and love it.

id definately recommend scoping out the activity timeline and making a bee line for some of the shows - the bird show is particulary awesome, but you can also feed girraffes a carrot for 2 bucks. theres also koala cuddling which is more and an aussie zoo section where you actually get in with the animals too. we normally wind our way down and then take the cable car up - def recommend doing hte cable car at some stage. the view of the harbour are pretty stunning at different places around the zoo.

yeah theres still some reno's going on but alot of it is finished and it doesnt really take much away from the experience, what theyve done up theyve done a really nice job of. now hopefully you dont have too many other people to share it with....it can get so busy there sometimes :(

i believe youre at the wedding on saturday? maybe we can persuade you to revel on afterwards with us!!

we go to the zoo regulary here (actually, we are booked in to go to roar and snore this summer, so excited! sleep over at the zoo and everything!) and love it.

oohhh I'm jealous, thats on my 'things to do when I have more money' list :)

My sister is being induced today so I'm waiting for the worlds most stubborn baby to arrive. She's already 12 days overdue and bubs still doesn't look like wanting to move.

@brook: Congrats on your sister's kid, hope everything is going/went well :cheers:.

@stormy: Roar and snore? Sleeping over at the zoo? You east coasters really are a different breed.

@Neal: Just in case you needed more evidence on how messed up Naples is, this is what happens when the Napolitani disagree with the opening of a new rubbish dump :stunned:.

ahhh goodluck your sister brook, i hope its a smooth birth for her! is this the first neice/nephew??

Second, but my Nephew was born 10 days after my youngest so I was a little more preoccupied that time around.

She's still not in labour anyway, lazy baby!

@Neal: Just in case you needed more evidence on how messed up Naples is, this is what happens when the Napolitani disagree with the opening of a new rubbish dump :stunned:.

Jesus, glad I went when I did and it was kind of a dump then (and by kind of I mean huge).

Do you mean that movie with Nick Cage in it? Horrible, horrible movie.

Agreed ST. But once you get to know GS, you'll figure out pretty quickly that he doesn't really have the greatest taste going around. I mean, seriously, would you trust someone who thought that this was good food?

:P

ETA: Actually to GS' credit he did say that he slept through it, so maybe he isn't all that bad...

Agreed ST. But one you get to know GS, you'll figure out pretty quickly that he doesn't really have the greatest taste going around. I mean, seriously, would you trust someone who thought that this was good food?

:P

ETA: Actually to GS' credit he did say that he slept through it, so maybe he isn't all that bad...

That's disgusting. I've lived in Australia my whole life and never heard of this . . . peculiar meal. Who the hell thought of that in the first place?

Archived