Aussie LI

Ski the Swift

Great story - my friend was riding his bike home drunk (illegal) on tram tracks (illegal) and he slipped in the tracks and fell off. There just happened to be a horse and carriage coming up and they didnt stop in time. The horse trampled him (he insists it just trotted on the spot for a while - I wonder whether the carriage would have been better or worse) and when he got up, he told the bajillion people trying to help him that he was fine and tried to ride his bike home! Of course, they stopped him and called an ambulance.

The story gets better. He didn't know his gf's number and his phone got trammpled so he had to call his parents in Townsville and get THEM to call her at 2am on a Saturday night/ Sunday morning.

And in a very nice gesture, the tram driver who had stopped to help left his mobile number with the ambulance people, and took my friend's bike (worth $2500)to the tram depot so my friend could pick it up when he felt better.

Ah, the relevance of that to the previous posts is: stubborn people are funny.

On a more serious note, did you hear about the 16 year old boy who went to bed after he'd been punched and hit his head on the pavement? He probably told his friends he was fine, and they probably didn't any know better. Just goes to show, better safe than sorry

After my bashing ordeal I went home. The Police asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, which would of been a fantastic idea, but in my drunken state I decided that I was fine. I'm thinking that maybe a case by case scenario should be set up for all people to use. Rule number one being: If they are drunk, who gives a fuck what they say. Send them to the hospital.

OK all tests were negative for a heart attack or blockage.

Spent most of the day asleep in emergency either that or getting what was too close to being felt up for comfort. hey she was cute but mate if I were a woman and she squeezed me there then .... ohh well can fantasize at least :P

Seriously felt real off all day but apart from that and the need to sleep it was not that bad really

All the calls making sure I am ok were much apreciated also all the good wishes. Ski I will let you have the dry-as-a-bone :)

Glad to hear everything's OK Gryph. Take care of yourself mate.

Just finished my last ever exam a few hours ago (:thumbsup:) and I've got the red-eye out of Perth once again. Arriving in Sydney early tomorrow morning.

Ski I will let you have the dry-as-a-bone :)

I have everyone as my witness now griff, the dry-as-a-bone will be mine! Muahahahaha! Good to hear that everything's grand now.

Just finished my last ever exam a few hours ago (:thumbsup:) and I've got the red-eye out of Perth once again. Arriving in Sydney early tomorrow morning.

Congrats mate, I was going to text you but got lazy. I'll see you tomorrow sucker!

Also, I am officially back at work as of today in a few hours. I can tell you I'm not really looking forward to it, even after all this mind numbing time of doing nothing. I'll be cheering if I get sent to a site to do light duties and not get cooped up in the main office. In an attempt to not get stuck in the main office, I've left my face unshaven and will wear my half raggedy work uniform and the boots I was wearing at the time of my Stanley knife accident as they are covered in blood.

Hopefully this will deter them from keeping me there. Or will it make them have a stern word with me about my appearance at work? <_<

I have everyone as my witness now griff, the dry-as-a-bone will be mine! Muahahahaha! Good to hear that everything's grand now.

Congrats mate, I was going to text you but got lazy. I'll see you tomorrow sucker!

Also, I am officially back at work as of today in a few hours. I can tell you I'm not really looking forward to it, even after all this mind numbing time of doing nothing. I'll be cheering if I get sent to a site to do light duties and not get cooped up in the main office. In an attempt to not get stuck in the main office, I've left my face unshaven and will wear my half raggedy work uniform and the boots I was wearing at the time of my Stanley knife accident as they are covered in blood.

Hopefully this will deter them from keeping me there. Or will it make them have a stern word with me about my appearance at work? <_<

You guys do know lots of pics are mandatory?

Hope you have a great time at the meet and wish I could be there.

Hope ? hell I know you will have a great time!

and yes Ski but you will have to outlive me to get the coat, the tests show me as having a healthier heart than most 25 yr olds so I may even outlive you.

They have no idea what caused the problem though since I don't have a blockage either.

Have fun Pax.

(And I hate to burst your bubble but you will have to do more exams)

Pax had the camera Gryph!

:thumbsup:

Glad nothing bad came up re the chest pain-

2 possibilities 1) recent virus and mild pericarditis or 2) stress and hyperventilating can give you chest tightness and numb hand(s)

but again bettersafe than sorry ( and keep taking your blood pressure pills ! )

I knew there was a reason I don't drink that much any more...

It was great to meet everyone, we really need to do that more often! Although with a bit of luck next time I wont be the first to disgrace myself!

Archived