NFL vol 4

davos

The most underrated part of the Jets is their offensive line. Sanchez and LT are much improved, but that line makes it easier for them than anyone else in the league. The run blocking especially really impresses me. There's a reason Thomas Jones got 1,400 yards last year.

That's like Albert Haynesworth saying you lack character.

Doesn't the new Wrangler ad have Brett Favre throwing an interception? Look at where the guys are. It's a deep route, and they both have their hands out. But the guy who is deeper (typical receiver position), does not make the catch. Then it cuts to Favre with an 'Aw Shucks' look.

Is this meant to be a joke? If so...I gotta say its a good one, because non-football fans absolutely won't notice.

Oh, and there's a game going on right now. The Jets O line looks great, and Minnesota looks like they haven't broken their general funk yet.

Agreed. After all his injuries and not so good seasons this is a very odd pick up for the Patriots. If they were picking up former players from the glory days I would have preferred Ty Law (sarcasm). :ohwell: And Belichick says he makes the decisions not Tom Brady.

The most underrated part of the Jets is their offensive line. Sanchez and LT are much improved, but that line makes it easier for them than anyone else in the league. The run blocking especially really impresses me. There's a reason Thomas Jones got 1,400 yards last year.

DeBrickashaw Ferguson has my favorite NFL name and is my favorite under the radar guy. Absolutely phenomenal.

The Patriots gave up a 4th round pick to get Deion Branch. Seriously? If Randy Moss was worth a 3rd, how does Branch cost anything more than a 6th round pick?

Beats a first rounder. At least the Patriots are winning each of these trade carousels.

But yeah, the price for draft picks in the NFL is totally out of whack. Almost random. Also the Bills could've gotten a better deal for Marshawn Lynch if they just called other teams besides Seattle. There were several interested. But I guess the Bills GM (they do have a GM, right?) ran out of cell phone minutes or something.

I rant about this every season, but I fucking hate Mike Tirico. He has no feel for football. None. I feel like he was raised in Sweden or something. He doesn't recognize first downs or penalties or even yardage. The game is all so mysterious to him. If you can't identify the basics of football, you shouldn't be a play-by-play guy. End of story.

Favre's getting caught with his pants down out there.

I miss when this was just a Pants on the Ground reference.

I rant about this every season, but I fucking hate Mike Tirico. He has no feel for football. None. I feel like he was raised in Sweden or something. He doesn't recognize first downs or penalties or even yardage. The game is all so mysterious to him. If you can't identify the basics of football, you shouldn't be a play-by-play guy. End of story.

It's funny that, with Tirico doing play-by-play, both starting QBs and the announcer have now been in trouble for naughty business.

It's funny that, with Tirico doing play-by-play, both starting QBs and the announcer have now been in trouble for naughty business.

What'd Tirico do? Make a move on Chucky?

The ESPN announcing crews are the worst in the game. The Sunday Night baseball team is an embarassment, and the old Sunday Night Football guys are even worse than the current ones.

I'm one of the few who didn't mind the old Sunday Night Football blowhards. At least you could laugh at them.

Archived