NFL vol 4

davos

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

After years of pulling my hair out watching Brett do that for the Packers it still is satisfying watching others have to suffer with it. He had a brilliant 2nd half and then fucks it up with one dumb play.

I wonder if regularly gambling on sports would turn me into Bill Simmons. I think probably it would.

"There it is!!!!! The Favre TAINT for the Jets cover! DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?????? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Agreed, and I'm a Vikings fan. I love hearing the sound of fans dropping off the bandwagon once they realize how bad the QB that has hijacked this team really is.

And it's performances like this that allow him to keep his power... that and Childress having no backbone. While he ended the game with an INT and fumbled the ball twice without even being touched, tomorrow the talk will almost surely center on how electrifying he was bringing the Vikings back. And to give the guy credit, he was damned good for 20 minutes. When Sidney Rice comes back, if he comes back without missing a step, that offense is going to be scary. But it's still going to be led by Brett Favre.

Mark Sanchez finally got back in touch with his inner Mark Sanchez. I just wish it had resulted in a loss (and a Favre injury). Actually, no, I don't want Favre to get injured...I want his consecutive games streak to be ended after the fallout of Dick-Pick-Gate. (If we, as a society, are obligated to make every scandal a -gate, we might as well treat it with the respect that it deserves)

And it's performances like this that allow him to keep his power...

He's in Minnesota, however. As willing as we are to allow mediocrity disguised as talent to pervade in our world of sports (see: Ron Gardenhire), we have sphincters that could turn a lump of coal into kryptonite. If and when these Favre allegations come to pass, he's got no more goodwill left. Once he's suspended, we'll be content with mediocrity so long as we can bask in the holier-than-thou knowledge that our QB isn't a sleaze.

(at least until we sign Vick next year.)

Dub (as a Season old Jets fan) said to me, "don't give Favre the ball with 2 minutes left on MNF." My reply was, "Don't worry, he'll throw a pick."

God, I love being right. I just wish it wasn't against the freaking Jets.

Dub (as a Season old Jets fan) said to me, "don't give Favre the ball with 2 minutes left on MNF." My reply was, "Don't worry, he'll throw a pick."

God, I love being right. I just wish it wasn't against the freaking Jets

Thing is that Favre has had a lot of come-from-behind victories as well. When he's got the ball needing a score to win and time running short he's either going to come out a hero or throw an interception. He's not going to walk off having to give up the ball on downs because the defense did its job.

This had to be one of the most soul-crushing weeks of football for me to watch that did NOT involve the Pats losing. Or even playing.

Lets start off where I want to die. I cannot fathom how even I fell for the "Chargers are decent" hypnosis. They are a TERRIBLE team- outside of "Rivers to Gates" what do they have that scares you? They play without ANY enthusiasm; they look like they want to leave at half-time. And... holy hell... you lose to Oakland, thus causing me to screw up my survivor-pool pick? Really? REALLY!!?? God, I hate that you are still going to win the AFC West; hate that I fell for your "resurgence"; hate that your coach somehow still gets work; and hate that you were able to make Oakland's 2011 pick a little worse for the Pats to have. Go fuck yourself, San Diego.

Look out, NFL... here comes the Jags!!! Okay, not really...

We can now officially write off the Bengals, right? Carson Palmer is just a has-been QB who will soon make big money as the back up to Big Ben, right?

Look out, NFL... here comes the LIONS!!!! And this time... I think I mean it.

Even when he is not God-like, if Manning plays well, the Colts can win.

Redskins are now legit, right? I mean, even when you factor in how underwhelming the Pack has been to date and how much we overrated them (and how injuries have plagued that team), the Redskins are looking like a tough, focused and determined football team. They can win games by just playing their opponents close. Shanahan has obviously not lost a step.

When you add up J. Clausen's QB rating (29.7, with 1 INT), Moore's QB rating (18.8, 2 INT) and Todd Collins QB rating (6.2, 4 INTs) that's a COMBINED QB rating of 54.7 and 7 INTs. When Hanie came into the game, went 2 for 3 for 19 yards, 0 picks and a QB rating of 84, the Panthers fans must have thought Joe Montana had come out of retirement.

Ravens scare me.

Giants have basically declared their one loss a fluke. If their D keeps this up, I maybe buy it.

I feel like when discussing the Saints, I am becoming Chris Farley from Tommy Boy when he's just finished doing "Fat-Guy-In-A-Little-Coat"... and he, jokingly turns to Spade and says "Richard... what's happening to us!!!! (and rips the little coat to shreds). Dude... what's happened to the Saints??? (rips coat). I mean... they have lost 2 of their last 3, have not played a good game in 4 weeks, they lose to ... Arizona... a team so good the CHARGERS wiped them out?

Cowboys had 500+ yards of total offense, gave up only a shade over 300; had a ToP advantage of appx. 13 minutes... and lose... at home; 130+ yards in penalties, 3 turnovers. You know Bum Phillip's kid is not even as good of a coach as the guy who's name was "Bum Phillips," right? How does he still have a job?

Alex Smith: Team killer. And you can fire Mike Singletary any day now.

Here's what I LOVED about the Vikes-Jets game:

3. In high def and on the right TV, the rain looked amazing. Like the Jango Fett-Obi wan fight on Kimino. Seriously, that is #3 on my list.

2. For a while, it looked like it was possible that both teams were going to lose. The corollary to this was watching both teams try to lose in the last 3 minutes; from bad Vikings play calling to ... AMAZING clock management by the Jets on their last possession. Fantastic, guys; showing us all why you are the class of the AFC. Culminating in...

1. Watching Brett Favre eat crap after, ONCE AGAIN, making the whole sport be about him, was fantastic.

Watching the Jets cement their strangle-hold on the NFL? Not so much...

The down-side was watching the Pats trade for Deion Branch... for a 4th... after giving up Moss for a 3rd (ultimately signaling "Yes, it was because Randy was an asshole we had to trade him, and in order to Pacify Tom, we let him trade for a guy."). In the playoffs, Deion was a STUD for the Pats. But...

Over his 9-year career, Branch has had SEVEN total 100 yard games, and has not had one since week 4, 2007! He has also had 28 TDs (in only three years with the Pats, Moss had 50) and has missed 29 games due to injuries. Now, in the playoffs, Branch had 4 more 100 yard games and was a Super-Bowl, MVP. But... I am not at all sure he is the deep-threat we need nor the producer some think he is. So, why the 4th?

We can now officially write off the Bengals, right? Carson Palmer is just a has-been QB who will soon make big money as the back up to Big Ben, right?

That's about right though to be fair to him, it wasn't all his fault. The first int was. The second might have been on TO and the third was clearly on Chad as it was a perfect pass that he dropped. But yea, he looks awful, the team as a whole is horribly inconsistent and undisciplined.

I'm rooting for the Falcons now.

Archived