NFL vol 4

davos

Bronn:

Are you quoting me in your sig? If so, thanks.

I feel like I just serendipitously found what I thought was the perfect birthday gift for someone and they glanced at it once, said "thanks" tossed it in a drawer, and left for lunch.

I feel like I just serendipitously found what I thought was the perfect birthday gift for someone and they glanced at it once, said "thanks" tossed it in a drawer, and left for lunch.

LOOK! An Inanimate Carbon Rod!

Actually, no, watching Brett Favre experience life-altering pain and misery is something I always appreciate. Your work did not go unnoticed. My favorite pat was when his teammates just walked around him like he was a homeless guy and they were all commuters on their way to work.

To go from Brett's junk to Brady's hair...

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5685386

Even Justin Bieber is making fun of Tom Brady's hair.

The New England Patriots quarterback's long locks have been mocked for resembling that of the teen pop sensation -- and now Bieber himself is piling on.

In a video posted by Bieber late Wednesday, he raps: "Sacked like a sacker. Call up Mr. Brady. Tell him to leave his hair to the guy who sings 'Baby.'"

I cannot. Do not. WILL NOT believe in a thread where Brett Farve gets hit in the nuts and noone pays attention.

I know I'm only a measly 49ers fan, but COME THE FUCK ON!!!

That shit was golden.

Totally golden.

Brett Favres penis was the absolute best thing that could've happened to make Big Ben's return relatively painless. The timing is perfect.

Yeah, Rome was talking about that today, and it's totally true. Things couldn't have gone much more smoothly for Big Ben, all things considered. He gets to return at home against Cleveland who will likely be giving a rookie his first start (and while I loved McCoy in college, I just don't see him being a good pro ever, no less this game). And Ben gets to return to a Steelers team that has kept itself in fine position in his absence, but without any kind of momentum whatsoever for another Steelers QB.

Rome also suggested that Favre talking about the possibility of sitting out due to his elbow is just a smoke screen to draw attention away from his junk-photo drama.

I think that's absolutely the case. Favre is famous for being 'shaken up' when he gets hit after he throws an interception. This is just taking that to it's logical extension.

He has smart PR people, you have to give him that.

Does anyone even doubt that he's guilty at this point? The fact that he hasn't even tried to deny it makes it pretty obvious.

I'd give 1/4 of my paycheck for the rest of the life to the announcers to the Steelers/Browns games if they just go crazy with the anti-PC jokes during the game.

"The Steelers defense has really been hammering Colt McCoy this quarter."

"Yeah, Bob, he's gotta be starting to feel like a teenage girl in a nightclub bathroom right about now."

"And Big Ben is knocking on the door."

Michael Silver had the best comment. Summed up, it was pretty much "Nice throw, Deanna".

HA! Yeah, that's even better than my first impression when I saw the clip of Favre getting hit in the nuts! My first thought was that someone should edit that clip to pan to the right, where the throw came from, and show Jenn Sterger with another football but I like the idea of Deanna even better :D

LAST WEEK: 7-7

Overall: 43-33

Suicide Picks: 4-1 (I HATE The Chargers)

Browns at Steelers: I cannot be the only one who thinks Big Ben looks a little like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now. Its not just me, right? He looks like he ate Hines Ward. I do not think there is any scenario where the Browns win this game. THIS WOULD BE MY SURVIVOR/SUICIDE PICK OF THE WEEK. you know if the stupid Chargers had not murdered me last week.

Saints at Bucs: The HOT read is that there is something TERRIBLY wrong with the Saints and a legit argument could be made that they have not looked good all season (but I now think that nobody looks good against the Vikings- liking fighting with a pig: you stoop to their level, get dirty and the pig LOVES it); people are picking the Bucs. Not me. I think the Saints tap into the “We just have talent” reservoir and make this game happen.

Chargers at Rams

Come on! If the Chargers lose this week, they fire Norv, right? RIGHT? Okay, fine, I can’t see the Chargers losing to the Rams… or can I… no, I can’t. Chargers win.

Dolphins at Packers

Okay, this season, has there been a bigger bust than the Packers? Yes, injuries have a LOT to do with it, but I think they are just poorly coached and not well led in the locker room. Add in some tough breaks, and BOOM! Miami wins.

Falcons at Eagles

I think the Eagles are a good Bad Team. I think they have some tools, but against legitimate good teams (Falcons) they go down hard. Falcons roll.

Ravens at Patriots

Okays, so, Branch is back. If he REALLY wants to stick it to the Patriots management in a classic “You should have NEVER traded me” attitude… GO FOR IT!!!!! Yes, stick it to us by playing awesome for us for the next two years! That will show us. Do it! DO IT NOW!!!! Oh, and I had this as an auto-loss since last season so… Pats lose by 10.

Chiefs at Texans

Very good chance the Chiefs still finish below .500 this season. And I don’t think they can do jack on the road against the Texans. Texans in a walk.

Lions at Giants

Love the Lions, love how they play; think the Giants may be a little schizophrenic. But Giants playing amazing D, 2 weeks in a row. Can’t take the Lions. Giants by 11.

Seahawks at Bears

With Cutler back I don’t see much of a question here. Bears win big.

Raiders at Niners

Did you know the Niners are FAVORED in this game by like 7 points? And yes, they are the same 49’ers that are 0-5 and look like they do all they can to lose week in and week out. WTF?! And fuck you Oakland for winning games for the first time since 2002… fuck-off for finally caring enough once the Pats have your #1 pick. Oakland wins and we may have the simultaneous ends of both the Singletary era and the Smith era. Finally.

Jets at Broncos

You know what? Fuck it- this is a trap, road game for the Jets; they are a little too full of themselves, they looked completely confused Monday night, short week, … taking the Broncos by 6.

Cowboys at Vikings

You ever get the feeling that some hapless NFL coaches are just ready for a brilliant breakout game where they make all the right decisions; where they manage the clock well; where they make good reads, throw in good challenges and make gutsy calls? You ever get the feeling that we underrate certain coaches who are actually brilliant? Yeah, me neither. Two idiot franchises in a “Loser’s Season Is Over” Bowl. I say that Moss makes one huge catch, Allen one huge sack, and Romo one huge fuck-up… that juuuuust happens to top Favre’s fuckup. Oh, and a lot of announcers NOT talking about how pathetic Favre has looked this season. Yes, lets not discuss that.

Colts at Redskins

Redskins are tough; Colts are afraid if they lose Peyton will throw them all collectively under the bus. Colts fear trumps. Colts by 6.

Titans at Jags

I cannot fathom The Jags going 3-0 after going 0-3. Titans are a very good team when they put it together. Huge night for Johnson. Titans by 12.

Archived